Comment

Originally posted by mo123

4pda
      For those who don't understand cyrillic

Can you give us the link for the 4.4.4

Thank you

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00AD através de Tapatalk

Comment

After 8 different cheap Chinese android tv boxes in last 2 years I can say that this is by far the worst android tv box I had.
        Stay away from it. For 2-3$ more you can have decent tv box.

Comment

Originally posted by bobrooney
          After 8 different cheap Chinese android tv boxes in last 2 years I can say that this is by far the worst android tv box I had.
          Stay away from it. For 2-3$ more you can have decent tv box.
          True story, but actually for the usage it gets it fits perfectly for the job (kodi and netflix in my daughters room)

I just asked for the 4.4.4 rom because of the lip sync issue i get in netflix... And with kitkat this issue appears to be solved

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00AD através de Tapatalk

Comment

Here is the link from 4PDA for kitkat firmware:
            Code:
            https://yadi.sk/d/S2-djMDH34jEGQ
            I have not tried it so I cannot help you further

Comment

Originally posted by trowakage View Post

can't get RKRemoteControl to see eHomeMediaCenter though. Has anyone gotten that to work?
              Nope, doesnt work with my V88 plus. Niether with other remotes, Kore and Yatse.

Crappy firmware!

Comment

hi good day. I got 2 mxq-4k rk3229(as it is labeled) . It is unrooted. so I tried flashing it with ROM for mxq-4k. and it just hang there in batch tool- and failed- now 1 box got bricked- I tried finding some answers why the flashing failed- I decided opening the box and see what is inside- and realized it is too much different from mxq-4k board-- and searched for what is this realy- I see pics fro. the first page-- maybe it is v88 instead of mxq-4k- if it is- how can it gain root access? please enlighten me.. I'm helpless

Comment

Originally posted by aian0306 View Post
                  hi good day. I got 2 mxq-4k rk3229(as it is labeled) . It is unrooted. so I tried flashing it with ROM for mxq-4k. and it just hang there in batch tool- and failed- now 1 box got bricked- I tried finding some answers why the flashing failed- I decided opening the box and see what is inside- and realized it is too much different from mxq-4k board-- and searched for what is this realy- I see pics fro. the first page-- maybe it is v88 instead of mxq-4k- if it is- how can it gain root access? please enlighten me.. I'm helpless
                  Try to flash a v88 rom. It is very easy. I use thiscone http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry56210893

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

Try to flash a v88 rom. It is very easy. I use thiscone http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry56210893
                    thanks. I will try this- how come.m box labeled as mxq-4k when it is v88- the structure ,chips(except Kingston coz mine is sandisk) looks same.with v88

Comment

I was thinking maybe(hoping too) the wireless update option can be use to root the device-- or as a flash option- Is it posible? with the right signature in the zip and su binaries inside- would it be posible to root using wireless update option(just to gain root access) -- i already bricked 1 box- and hoping not to bricked the other 1-.. if this idea would be posible.. it will be a better option rather than reflashing a whole new rom(praying)

Comment

I was thinking maybe(hoping too) the wireless update option can be use to root the device-- or as a flash option- Is it posible? with the right signature in the zip and su binaries inside- would it be posible to root using wireless update option(just to gain root access) -- i already bricked 1 box- and hoping not to bricked the other 1-.. if this idea would be posible.. it will be a better option rather than reflashing a whole new rom(praying)
                        Send the boxes back while you still can.
                        They are some of the worst with no support available.
                        It will save you a lot of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Send the boxes back while you still can.
                          They are some of the worst with no support available.
                          It will save you a lot of trouble.
                          thanks for the advice- but this one if for my younger brother(11,yo) who love to play and watch. I just need to root it- put some tweaks(Lspeed will do)- install and uninstall some system apps. and replace some defaults.. I hope someone will help me gain root access I got 1 box left. lol

Comment

thanks for the advice- but this one if for my younger brother(11,yo) who love to play and watch. I just need to root it- put some tweaks(Lspeed will do)- install and uninstall some system apps. and replace some defaults.. I hope someone will help me gain root access I got 1 box left. lol
                            The rom i gave to use is rooted. Just copy the image file in a sd card and reboot.

Comment

The rom i gave to use is rooted. Just copy the image file in a sd card and reboot.
                              Thanks Bud-- ill give it a try--

Comment

Tried it Bud- but failed- it doesnt flash or update-- Maybe since I already had the latest Update- Android 5.1.1 LMY49F-- which i think boot loader is Locked-- can i use this IMG for flashing using rkbt? or it will bricked the BOX if i do? sorry if i asked a lot-- felt so hopeless here

Comment

Working...
                                X