SCISHION V88 RK3229 4K Android 5.1 KODI TV BOX 1G/8G WIFI LAN Dolby DTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I just received my V88 and I was wondering which "kodi" I should install on it (or which ones I should NOT install on it) ?
    * Kodi 16 from Google Store
    * Kodi 17 beta/nightly apk from https://kodi.tv/download/
    * RKMC from https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...vis/RKMC-Build
    * FTMC build 13 from http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...own-ftmc/page9
    * SPMC 16.2 "for Rockchip" from http://www.minixforum.com/threads/sp...ockchip.12201/
    * something else ?

I'm not root in my v88 (as written higher "SuperSU is installed but there are "No apps configured" and root checker says it is not rooted!"), so I guess I can't install the new libffmpeg.so and librkffplayer.so from https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...288/Android5.1

For your information my device come with this configuration:
    Model: V88
    Android: 5.1.1
    Android Security patch: 2016-04-01
    Kernel: wanghy@server107 #5 Thu Oct 27 14:21:13 CST 2016
    Build: rk322x_box-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F eng.wanghy.20161027.142918 test-keys
    Last edited by yaouank; 11-27-2016, 15:18.

Comment

You should use "RKMC" that is in fact KODI optimized for Rockchip devices.

At page 2 of this discussion there's a link for download

Comment

Originally posted by cattivik View Post
        You should use "RKMC" that is in fact KODI optimized for Rockchip devices.
        Ok, I'll go for RKMC (and I can't install libffmpeg.so and librkffplayer.so because I'm not root, so I don't. It seems to work)
        By the way FTMC build on this forum seems to be also Rockchip optimized (but has sometime some bugs if displaying French accents).
        And I found a SPMC "for Rockchip" on http://www.minixforum.com/threads/sp...ockchip.12201/ that seems to work quite well too.

But as I said, I stop arguing and I install RKMC
        Little problems seen on RKMC:
        - message at first launch saing that this is Kodi 16.1RC3 ands that Kodi 16.1 stable is out.
        - crash on one of my videos (a 4 years old 8Gb DVD ISO with menus). It works if I go in "video option" and deselect "use rkcodec"

Comment

Has anyone figured out how to use the RKRemoteControl app that other RockChip devices can use?

Also, I am trying to enter PC flash mode by plugging in USB cable while pressing the reset button, but it always only goes to recovery. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Double post
            Last edited by trowakage; 11-28-2016, 19:20. Reason: Double post

Comment

Originally posted by trowakage View Post
              Has anyone figured out how to use the RKRemoteControl app that other RockChip devices can use?

Also, I am trying to enter PC flash mode by plugging in USB cable while pressing the reset button, but it always only goes to recovery. What am I doing wrong?
              First try to see whether the device can be powered from USB port (plug in the rear USB where is hdmi port). It should work, other wise its' more complicated.
              On a PC you MUST select a USB2.0 port. (3.0 ports do not work).
              Plug out the DC power form the box,
              Load the Rockchip software on the PC. Plug the cable on the PC USB 2.0 port
              Press (and keep pressed) the button inside AUX port on the device with a toothpick or similar.
              Then plug USB A-A cable on the rear USB on the box. (IF it cannot run without DC power you now must connect also DC power to the box.
              If everything is ok, on the PC the software will recognize the box. Now you can release the toothpick ans start loading firmware etc.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Anybody can link me to costume recovery, I bought this device two days ago and only know I am dedicating time to it but I rally need twrp or something similar, thanks I think this box worth develooing

Enviado do meu SM-T230 através de Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post
                  Anybody can link me to costume recovery, I bought this device two days ago and only know I am dedicating time to it but I rally need twrp or something similar, thanks I think this box worth develooing

It doesn't exist for your device, only for Dolamee RK3229 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsag View Post

First try to see whether the device can be powered from USB port (plug in the rear USB where is hdmi port). It should work, other wise its' more complicated.
                    On a PC you MUST select a USB2.0 port. (3.0 ports do not work).
                    Plug out the DC power form the box,
                    Load the Rockchip software on the PC. Plug the cable on the PC USB 2.0 port
                    Press (and keep pressed) the button inside AUX port on the device with a toothpick or similar.
                    Then plug USB A-A cable on the rear USB on the box. (IF it cannot run without DC power you now must connect also DC power to the box.
                    If everything is ok, on the PC the software will recognize the box. Now you can release the toothpick ans start loading firmware etc.

Hope it helps.
                    Thanks! Turns out I had a bad USB cable and that's why it wasn't registering in windows. The older ROM posted by Doerte is definitely better as it doesn't kill every app in the background, allowing for some wifi remote software to run. I will can't get RKRemoteControl to see eHomeMediaCenter though. Has anyone gotten that to work?

Comment

I bricked my. This one is not to play with (significant) other firmware...

Comment

Originally posted by tomsag View Post
                        I bricked my. This one is not to play with (significant) other firmware...
                        Yup flashing other device firmware does that. 😃
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

The integrated modded kodI would not install f4mtester. So I tried all other recommended builds on the net. Fkmc works best I think but I faced 2 problems with any build- Kodi/kodi beta/ RKMC/ZKMC/SPMC:
                          1. Some IPTVs freeze - fixed with buffer tweaking in the "easy advanced settings" addon.
                          But 2. Some other tvs exit after a few seconds. They work fine however on my other android tv box - The x96 - S905x. If it is an HD tv it exits sooner than on SD. Not on all streams but on some.
                          Any help?

Comment

I guys sorry to ask but I aquired this box recently it has all the lattest updates in it but I can't seam to flash twrp with flashify or recovery flasher or any soft like that could someone please guide me through does it only work with ADB Shell with the PC, and if so that's the case how can I connect to PC, male to male cables aren't available here how to build one, and at last but not less is there custom firmware for it, please I'm rookie on this advices are most apreciarem, thanks everybody...

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post
                              I guys sorry to ask but I aquired this box recently it has all the lattest updates in it but I can't seam to flash twrp with flashify or recovery flasher or any soft like that could someone please guide me through does it only work with ADB Shell with the PC, and if so that's the case how can I connect to PC, male to male cables aren't available here how to build one, and at last but not less is there custom firmware for it, please I'm rookie on this advices are most apreciarem, thanks everybody...

There is no custom firmware for it.
                              TWRP doesn't exist for this device yet, there is only one testing one for Dolamee RK3229 at the moment.

Comment

Please it's kind of biked help please
                                I was trying to intl spoked and after reboot the launcher never got to kick in so I rebooted again and same thing rebooted to recovery and done a factory reset and now system gets media error and doesn't start how can I get out of this?

Comment

Working...
                                X