Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVR9 RK3328 Nougat ROM by mo123

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    For flashing v1.6 ROM
    You must do 'EraseFlash' then 'Upgrade to flash with AndroidTool v2.42 or later and wait 7-10 minutes after flashing before pulling out the power and USB cables.

    Comment


      did eraseflash... but not getting any boot mo ?

      Comment


        Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
        did eraseflash... but not getting any boot mo ?
        After EraseFlash then flash normally with Upgrade.
        Leave USB, Power still plugged in for 10 minutes then remove and plug into the tv.

        Or if possible while flashing have the HDMI plugged into a tv next to the PC to see the boot process directly, it will show a spinning wheel erasing and then the bouncing balls.

        Comment


          i got hdmi plugged into tv as im updating... and nothing out of box... no sign of life

          Comment


            older version 1.5 fine... so if def something not right with 1.6

            Comment


              Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
              older version 1.5 fine... so if def something not right with 1.6
              Try flashing with AndroidTool v2.52
              EraseFlash then Upgrade
              https://mega.nz/#!Rc9lTZbQ!XpWQHrAkY...07IBCqhQM3zd2Y
              Also install the new drivers
              https://mega.nz/#!YQkyHBja!BEPsudJ

              Comment


                something wrong with both those zips ?... first one is not a folder.... and second needs decrypt

                Comment


                  Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
                  something wrong with both those zips ?... first one is not a folder.... and second needs decrypt
                  Re-uploaded AndroidTool v2.52 and Driver Assistant v4.6
                  Unzip with 7zip.
                  https://mega.nz/#!5Yd3xICT!KbnJBcoUR...FkIGH8iNO76MU8

                  Opening post updated to use AndroidTool v2.52 instead of v2.42 for v1.6 ROM.
                  Last edited by mo123; 07-04-2018, 06:28.

                  Comment


                    mo123 Once again, thanks for your amazing work, I've been trying to modify a ROM to add support for my Bluetooth and WiFi chip, that part should be working,
                    I'm currently stuck on something as I'm completely new to Android ROM development:

                    Where in the ROM is the section that specifies support/compatibility with DDR3 or DDR4 and what would be the best way to modify it?

                    I do software development for microcontrollers for a living so this is somewhat out of my element, thank you in advance!!

                    Comment


                    • mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You need a different bootloader, uboot and also in the kernel arch/arm64 dts, dtsi files the ddr4 code and higher frequencies. Check RK Linux Github for ways things are done. All Linux code is open-source. There is also the roc cc rk3328 using ddr4, gitlab with source code.

                    mo123 Thanks! Took me a few hours and some catlogs but I was able to ported it successfully and it is working correctly!!

                    Board: MXQ_RK3328_D4_V1.2
                    Rockhip RK3328
                    Wifi: HS2734A
                    eMMC H26M64208EMR

                    32GB, 4GB RAM DDR3

                    Click image for larger version  Name:	box.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	734306
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_33719.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.8 KB ID:	734308
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180705_004350.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.4 KB ID:	734307

                    Works flawlessly (except for the WIFI, shows all AP's but acts as password is always wrong when connecting, not sure if it's a driver problem as it also happens with the original Firmware).

                    You sir deserve a donation, seriously you should drop a PayPal link or something alike!

                    Just a final question! Have you tried Magisk with your rom? (Had no time to test yet, just got it running and tested!)
                    Last edited by Mywk; 07-05-2018, 14:24.

                    Comment


                      Can you share your firmware? Mine is ddr3 too

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Mywk View Post
                        mo123 Thanks! Took me a few hours and some catlogs but I was able to ported it successfully and it is working correctly!!

                        Board: MXQ_RK3328_D4_V1.2
                        Rockhip RK3328
                        Wifi: HS2734A
                        eMMC H26M64208EMR

                        32GB, 4GB RAM DDR3

                        Click image for larger version Name:	box.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	734306
                        Click image for larger version Name:	image_33719.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.8 KB ID:	734308
                        Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20180705_004350.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.4 KB ID:	734307

                        Works flawlessly (except for the WIFI, shows all AP's but acts as password is always wrong when connecting, not sure if it's a driver problem as it also happens with the original Firmware).

                        You sir deserve a donation, seriously you should drop a PayPal link or something alike!

                        Just a final question! Have you tried Magisk with your rom? (Had no time to test yet, just got it running and tested!)
                        Can you share your firmware? Mine is ddr3 mxr pro

                        Comment


                          Hi, mo123!
                          Can you tell me the way to make your ROM autostart selected app upon boot? I've tried about dozen of apps from Play Market, none of them can autostart an app on your rom Tried it with the root on and off, makes no difference. Seems like there is some bug in rom.
                          If it matters, I've tried to autostart various programs, but i need to start specifically one (Squeeze Player), and minimized if possible.
                          Can you tell me the way to turn autostart on using your rom? Thanks in advance!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Norceno View Post
                            Hi, mo123!
                            Can you tell me the way to make your ROM autostart selected app upon boot? I've tried about dozen of apps from Play Market, none of them can autostart an app on your rom Tried it with the root on and off, makes no difference. Seems like there is some bug in rom.
                            If it matters, I've tried to autostart various programs, but i need to start specifically one (Squeeze Player), and minimized if possible.
                            Can you tell me the way to turn autostart on using your rom? Thanks in advance!
                            Menu cllick on your app and set it to autostart.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_AS.png
Views:	77
Size:	484.4 KB
ID:	735825

                            Comment


                              Some tips

                              Long press menu button to hide/show the statusbar.
                              Menu click on an app to autostart it on boot, uninstall or clear it's data.

                              In new Recent apps screen(with new ROM to be released today)
                              Long press DPAD_Center button on a window to close it.
                              Long press back button to close all recent apps.
                              When using an airmouse, you can just click on the X in the top right of windows and at the top Clear Recent apps.

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_RA.png Views:	2 Size:	282.0 KB ID:	735828

                              To Play Amazon Prime Video in HD in Kodi 18
                              Set the following 2 addons to Enabled so they have a checkmark at the front.

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Amazon-Addon1.png Views:	2 Size:	202.5 KB ID:	735831

                              Download the following Repo and add it to Kodi via Addon Browser > Install from ZIP
                              https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/r...gins-1.0.2.zip
                              Install Amazon VOD Addon from Sandmann79's Repository
                              (German users have a different addon that can be installed with more settings)
                              At Settings > General you have to choose to use the Inputstream Playback Method

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Amazon-Addon2.png Views:	1 Size:	795.7 KB ID:	735830
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X