X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all ok!
    Thank you!

Comment

mo123 Do you have any information what sources are used to build u-boot in Android firmware ? Or it is possible to obtain the output of the command "printenv" and "help" from the console UART in u-boot Android ?

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll get the u-boot tar and send it later this afternoon.
        It would be older than rockchip-linux/u-boot
        I also have the bluetooth drivers and documentation for Android, maybe it can be useful for Linux.

Another question. What are the partition sizes and names (uboot, system, misc etc) from these sections in the Android ?

Comment

After long time without Internet I´ve just installed Rom V 1.7c as upgrade from Version 1.7b.
        Made no flash erase but all installed apps have gone. Just for Information.
        I thought all apps will be still in place if I choose upgrade?

edit : I have problems with this ROM. Google play services claims that I use an uncertified device.
        If I use a custom ROM I have to make a registration with the Google Framwork Services Android Id.
        Never have seen that before. And don´t have a Clue what to do in adb shell. They say I can find the ID there.
        Last edited by bylderup; 09-06-2018, 21:53.

Comment

Originally posted by bylderup View Post
          After long time without Internet I´ve just installed Rom V 1.7c as upgrade from Version 1.7b.
          Made no flash erase but all installed apps have gone. Just for Information.
          I thought all apps will be still in place if I choose upgrade?

edit : I have problems with this ROM. Google play services claims that I use an uncertified device.
          If I use a custom ROM I have to make a registration with the Google Framwork Services Android Id.
          Never have seen that before. And don´t have a Clue what to do in adb shell. They say I can find the ID there.
          OK, didn't see the Google problem, will fix it.
          You must flash individual partitions excluding userdata and misc if you want to keep your settings or flash userdata backup afterwards to restore your old settings.
          Upgrade will erase old settings.

New LibreELEC

Comment

mo123

Thank you for clarification. I will try this next time.
            Can you please add the newest Kodi beta Version also?
            I use an AVR Receiver for sound now. Passtrough with Dolby and DTS did only work with RKMC but not with Kodi 18 Alpha.
            I often use the app TVHClient for live TV. Couldn´t get Passtrough and Dolby with VLC or MXPlayer there.

edit : found this id Google wanted to know. Made a Registration but it did not help.
            Last edited by bylderup; 09-07-2018, 06:40.

Comment

Originally posted by bylderup View Post
              mo123

Thank you for clarification. I will try this next time.
              Can you please add the newest Kodi beta Version also?
              I use an AVR Receiver for sound now. Passtrough with Dolby and DTS did only work with RKMC but not with Kodi 18 Alpha.
              I often use the app TVHClient for live TV. Couldn´t get Passtrough and Dolby with VLC or MXPlayer there.
              I will try to make a new Kodi.
              The problem with Kodi 18 is the developers removed 10-bit h264 support and don't support 23.976/24hz playback, it plays back at 60hz, they say they only care about Windows/Linux support, so I have to remove some things so those 2 features can work again.
              Latest versions are here you can try - https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/master/

You can install this codec for MXPlayer and change it in the settings to get HD audio.
              https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ). Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I...

For HD Audio, you have to go to Android Sound Settings and change it to 'HDMI Bitstream' instead of Default Audio.
              In Kodi 18 Settings, also enable all the HD Audio, DTS settings.
              Also make sure the AVR has the latest firmware, if it is able to get firmware updates.
              The change during refresh rate change, not sure where it is, change it to during 'start/stop' and change the delay to 2-6 seconds(try different values to see what works best for audio in sync)
              Make sure 'sync playback to display' setting is disabled, otherwise passthrough won't work.

Let me know if there are still problems with audio as Nougat supports HD audio by default so it should work.
              LibreELEC is still working on HD Audio, so have to wait there.

Comment

Don´t have 4K/HDR TV.
                With lastest Kodi 18 nightly 1080p/50Hz is working. 23.976 hz ok., dts and dolby digital 5.1 ok., live TV dolby 5.1 ok if Transcoding in settings enabled.
                The only thing atm I can´t get rid off is the Google uncertified device thing

EDIT :

mo123

I flashed the device again. This time i did not activate root access and erased flash before upgrading.
                everything is fine now. No more Google problems. Sound ok. Video ok. Kodi ok. - as described.

Thank you for this ROM. I will use it permanently. And I have to say, I do not see the need for starting Libreelec from SD.
                All apps are fine with Android..
                Last edited by bylderup; 09-09-2018, 17:03.

Comment

I'll try to make a small update soon.
                  There is just a problem with 10-bit h264 that I'm waiting to get fixed that is a problem in the latest ROM.

Video playback in Kodi 18 is actually very good.
                  Only reason to use LibreELEC is for better 23.976fps playback or using a newer kernel for updated video and dvb drivers.

If someone has a problem with a streaming app not working, please let me know.
                  Also try to run it in VirtualXposed with microgapps, see VX wiki page and enable hijack suite free module.

Comment

Fixed the 10-bit h264 problem.
                    New Kodi built today.
                    4TB hard-drives work better now.

Any specific changes to add to the new ROM, please let me know.
                    Running out of ideas.

Comment

New ROM v1.8

Fix Nova Launcher couldn't work
                      Add support for VirtualXposed
                      - https://github.com/android-hacker/Vi...sed_0.15.1.apk
                      Updated apps -
                      - New Youtube apps, for SmartYoutubeTV, choose 4K, the 3rd picture when first launching for the best playback.
                      Updated codecs - 10-bit h264 working again in Kodi 18
                      FIxed some Seagate hard drives being slow or not detected.

For Kodi 18(based on 21 Sep 2018 code)
                      - It uses a new whitelist setting - need to select all your resolutions manually for frame-rate switching to work.
                      When a video is playing and you want to change the frame-rate then click on the bottom right settings then resolution to change the frame-rate.
                      You can long click on a video file name and choose 'Play using' to play a video with MXPlayer or MediaCenter instead if there are problems with a video or you want to play it with a different video player instead.
                      10-bit h264 videos like anime videos are also working correctly.

VirtualXposed
                      It lets you do interesting things and change settings for apps.
                      You have to clone existing apps or install them using VirtualXposed as it runs as a sandbox, independent of your normal Android apps with it's own launcher screen.
                      It can help to run eg. streaming apps that have problems running on tv boxes to work etc. if setup correctly.
                      - Installing 3 microg apps, fakegapps and hijacksuite and enabling the modules can fix a lot of app compatibility problems.

Link:
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Pass:mvr9

Comment

Please use new Kodi here and uninstall the old one.
                        Seems there were some stutter and audio bugs discovered now that are fixed.

Comment

many thanks MO.

Comment

Some test firmware I made with 23.976fps support.
                            Please enable it in Display - HDMI - Resolution Settings and then play some 23.976fps videos in Kodi, MXPlayer etc. and check if micro stutters are completely gone and if it works better.
                            https://mega.nz/#!IBkxEJyC!J3d2-ilb6...KrfoWGzMhCuYqY
                            Pass: mvr9

Comment

New ROM released 03-11-2018

Link: Here
                              Pass: mvr9
                              Tested using AndroidTool v2.52 and doing 'Upgrade'.

Changelog
                              - Added screensaver support
                              - Updated wifi driver
                              - Support 23.976, 29.97 & 59.94fps in Kodi 18
                              For perfect audio in sync without any micro stutter like LibreELEC with full HD Audio support, available now

Latest Kodi 18 can be downloaded here.
                              Just uninstall the old Kodi app from the 'Apps' menu before installing a new one.

Step 1
                              Change to Expert Settings
                              Change 'Adjust display refresh rate to 'On start / stop'
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Kodi 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	750732

Step 2
                              Select all the Whitelist resolutions available except [email protected]
                              If using a 4K tv, also leave out all the 720x576 resolutions if available to stop old videos downscaling and looking stretched unnecessary.

Change the UI refresh rate to 60 or 50hz. This will also fix the slow Settings menu on first boot.
                              Change the 'Delay after change of refresh rate' to 2 seconds(works well) or longer/shorter depending on your AVR to get audio right in sync.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Kodi 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	750733

Step 3
                              If wanting to use HD Audio, enable the settings in the 'Audio' Settings of Kodi
                              In Android 'Sound' - 'Audio device' also select 'SPDIF Passthrough' if using optical audio or 'HDMI Bitstream' if using an HDMI cable connected to your AVR or if using tv stereo speakers leave it on 'Default Output'.
                              Exit Kodi and re-open it, just in case so all the settings are saved and reloaded.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Kodi 3.png Views:	1 Size:	560.2 KB ID:	750734

This is so far the best RK3328 ROM.
                              Features not working in other firmwares:
                              - Full support for Superuser from 'More Settings' - Developer Settings
                              - Full support for Kodi 18
                              - 10 Bit H264/H265 color support, anime playing perfectly in Kodi
                              - Deinterlacing support
                              - VirtualXposed support - no need to use twrp recovery and flash Xposed packages
                              https://github.com/android-hacker/Vi...sed_0.16.1.apk
                              - Nova launcher support
                              - Amazon Prime app support
                              - Youtube Vanced without ads support
                              - Fake ethernet as wifi connection for games like Asphalt
                              - New Recent apps menu - Long press OK to close current window, long press back to close all recent apps

Any other improvements needed or bugs found, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X