This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lurker View Post
    The new Amazon Fire TV looks really impressive. The new Alexa voice control, 4K (AIV, Netflix etc.) and HEVC features look very promising.
    http://www.slashgear.com/new-amazon-...rosd-17405173/
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U3FPN4U

Indeed it does look very nice, I pre-ordered the gaming version of it, the new stick and their new tablet on announcement day. Pretty much took the majority of this months ad revenue so ill have to pass on this device now unless someone sends it to me for free =(. Zidoo couldve really killed the game if this thing wouldve game out a month earlier.

Comment

@alwaysbless: I look forward to more of your excellent video reviews of the new Amazon devices, particularly how the new Fire TV compares to some of the RK3688 devices. A new Chromecast is also expected at the end of the month ...

Comment

Can you put kodi on the new Amazon devices. That wood be the decider for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker View Post
          @alwaysbless: I look forward to more of your excellent video reviews of the new Amazon devices, particularly how the new Fire TV compares to some of the RK3688 devices. A new Chromecast is also expected at the end of the month ...
          http://9to5google.com/2015/09/17/exc...ast-play-more/

Yep im waiting for that too there is literally so much fkn tech coming out in the month of oct its crazy

Comment

Well i have bit the bullet. I have gone for the Zidoo x6. I mean it dose get updates witch is a good thing, Il have a look at the amazon at a later date.

Comment

Yes, I too pulled the trigger on the Zidoo today. The first consignment had sailed, so mine won't ship till Oct 20, but well worth the wait - or so I hope...

Comment

Well it says on geekbuying that presail orders start from 30/09/2015. ????

Comment

Geekbuying has divided their pre-sale orders into "consignments". The first consignment (shipping Oct 1) is apparently sold out. The second ships October 20, and that's where I am, I guess. It goes to show how Geekbuying under-acquires inventory to keep demand up and to limit their financial exposure with new products.

And yes, I'm not happy about this...:-(

Comment

I had ordered two of the Zidoo x6 and just got an email they will be shipped on Sept 30th. Just have to wait and see.

Comment

Lucky you...your order was evidently in Consignment 1. Keep a seat for me until I get there...

Comment

Gutted. Looks like I'll be stairing at a blank screen for a wile then. Lol
                        Last edited by bigall123; 09-23-2015, 16:32.

Comment

Just heard from Geekbuying that there may be some units in stock end-Sept - with shipping soon after. Fingers crossed, I think they're trying to do the right thing.

Comment

Lets hope so.

Comment

Looks like ill be joining the X6 party after all w00t w00t! This should make a great 2nd box for the office room. Has anyone got shipping notices yet?

Comment

alwaysbless, pleased to know you're in our company - looking forward to swapping notes. Last email I received from GeekBuying said 30 Sept for stocking the units and shipping would follow "asap" after.

Comment

Working...
                                X