Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would order right now. Unfortunately GeekBuying does not have courier service to South Africa with DHL or TNT etc. EMS is useless so I would have been happy if vendors that have DHL get this product as we are willing to pay $40 or $50 for fast delivery.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Comment

ZIdoo X6 Coupon reactivated $10.00 off
      Code: NAKJQGNF

China-1 Stock | Buy ZIDOO X6 Pro Android KODI TV Box RK3368 Octa Core Cortex-A53 2GB/16GB 1000M LAN Dual Band WIF HDMI 2.0 4K*2K H.265 KODI 3D - Silver online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Cheers
      Last edited by trebor; 10-05-2015, 06:35.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

A review and teardown over here.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor

China-1 Stock | Buy ZIDOO X6 Pro Android KODI TV Box RK3368 Octa Core Cortex-A53 2GB/16GB 1000M LAN Dual Band WIF HDMI 2.0 4K*2K H.265 KODI 3D - Silver online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Cheers
          Why still no DHL to South Africa. GEARBEST , MOBASE , Aliexpress.com all use courier to South Africa. EMS is no good. I want to order from you but no DHL, TNT etc no more orders

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
            Why still no DHL to South Africa. GEARBEST , MOBASE , Aliexpress.com all use courier to South Africa. EMS is no good. I want to order from you but no DHL, TNT etc no more orders

TNT charges ZAR 400 admin fees, no go.
            EMS will take 2 months and get stuck at customs.
            If you can't get DHL shipping, maybe look at other manufacturers that offer it for $10.

Comment

A few quick tests on the Zidoo X6 pro just in.
              Loaded up easy...
              Did all that should be done in the required time,
              All Looking OK at present.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/ZIDOO...er-353626.html
              Cheers
              Last edited by trebor; 10-06-2015, 09:05. Reason: Update: Test
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Owners of Zidoo X6 who can make a full dumping a flash?

Comment

People can use this tool in combination with Androidtool v2.35 to make a backup of any Rockchip device.
                  http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...ckchip-devices
                  Last edited by mo123; 10-06-2015, 10:01.

Comment

I asked owners of Zidoo X6 to unload a memory dump, but not the program by means of which to do it. You feel a difference?

Comment

I wonder what will happen when all the users that use a dumped Zidoo X6 firmware on other devices all use the same hardware mac address that is unique to each specific Zidoo X6 unit?
                      Zidoo is the only RK3368 company that bought their own mac addresses so far.
                      But it is possible to flash your own mac with Upgradedll tool afterwards.
                      Maybe it's not a problem and the mac address is not transferred, I'm not sure.

It would be interesting to compare Zidoo firmware with other RK3368 firmware, I'm also interested how their firmware works.
                      Maybe someone will dump their firmware.

But directly using their launcher and apps on other devices, I don't think it's right.
                      If someone decides to use Zidoo firmware on a non-Zidoo device they first have to strip out all the Zidoo specific apps etc.
                      Using Kodi is not a problem as Zidoo released the source code on github.

Comment

Yes, but still any working assembly isn't present in the free access, only one talks and advertizing of other boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by DenisDA View Post
                          I asked owners of Zidoo X6 to unload a memory dump, but not the program by means of which to do it. You feel a difference?
                          mo123 was trying to help you by telling others how to make a backup for YOU. Gosh!

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            A few quick tests on the Zidoo X6 pro just in.
                            Loaded up easy...
                            Did all that should be done in the required time,
                            All Looking OK at present.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/ZIDOO...er-353626.html
                            Cheers

You had a chance to test pass through or any other zidoo specific enhancements? You got yours fast too >.< mine just hit the shipping center last night

Comment

[TOOL] rkDumper, utility to automatically dump firmware of Rockchip devices

Comment

Originally posted by Diman3452 View Post
                                [TOOL] rkDumper, utility to automatically dump firmware of Rockchip devices
                                Here is the English forum with download link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...rmware-t291536
                                I assume RKDumpSplit utility is based on rkDumper made by RedScorpio(thanks RedScorpio)
                                (Not sure if it will dump all partitions on RK3368 devices)
                                I prefer RKDumpSplit as it has extra features.

There is also an automatic script for AndroidTool v2.3 to automatically make the backups, I uploaded it a year or 2 ago.

The simplest method might still be using AndroidTool 2.35(You will be able to dump all the partitions and exclude those you don't want)
                                Type at the last tab of the flash tool
                                count - 2
                                offset - 0
                                Export image
                                To get your parameter file
                                Now you can see all the partitions on your device and dump only those you want, excluding userdata as it can be 1-10GB on a 16GB ROM device(is quite big on the Zidoo X6, and don't think it can be dumped, universal storage).
                                The number after the @ sign is the offset address and the number in front of the @ sign is the count for all the partitions.
                                Just remember to rename all your exported images to the partition name you dumped in the 'output' folder.
                                You can get the loader by extracting the backup image with RK3xxx Tools as a boot image.

Comment

Working...
                                X