Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond XBMC

Beta 2.9

Here are some test versions for people to try. This plays everything I have thrown at it so far.

There are a few different versions here that depend on what build prop you are using. I have only tested the GT-I9300 version myself but the rest should work.

If you do not know what your build prop Model is set to then please download Build Prop Editor and look at what the "ro.product.model" is set to and use the correct file from below.

If none of the versions are correct for you then you can edit the ro.product.model using the app linked above but you must be rooted.

Downloads

Beyond XBMC Beta 2.9 (GT-I9300) (Spoofed as a Galaxy S3)

Known Compatible Roms : Finless 1.8, Lewys Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 3.2, Wasser KitKat-4.4.2, Strauzo KitKat-4.4.2, Lewys JustXBMC.

Beyond XBMC Beta 2.9 (NEO-X) (Spoofed as a Minix X Device)

Known Compatible Roms : Neo X7 Quickshot v2 , Official Minix X7, X7 mini, X5 and X5 mini roms.

Beyond XBMC Beta 2.9 (Nexus) (Spoofed as a Nexus Device)

Known Compatible Roms : Neomode Custom Rom Version 1, Any Nexus Device.

Beyond XBMC Beta 2.9 (rk31sdk) (Spoofed as a Stock SDK Rom)

Known Compatible Roms : Some Stock RK31xx Roms based on SDK released by OEMs.

Beyond XBMC Beta 2.9 (GT-I9300) Launcher Version (Spoofed as a Galaxy S3)

Known Compatible Roms : Lewys JustXBMC, Any rom spoofed as a Galaxy S3 that has the system bar hidden.

That should do for now, If anyone knows of other roms running the above build props let me know and I will add them to the list.. It is running really nice for me at the moment so let me know how you get on.

Beta 2

Ok, here we go. Quite a few fixes and I have not had time to fully test all of it.
    • Fixed remote control movement in on screen keyboard.
    • Fixed context menu on long click of mouse/airmouse.
    • Added Fusion and Xfinity.
    • Changed RssFeed to BBC World News.
    • Changed Icons.
    • Changed Music Wallpaper.
    • Added Keymap Editor to Programs.
    • Added advancedsettings for cache.
    • Updated all addons.
    • Added Multi Language Support for On Screen Keyboad. (see notes)
    • Various other bug fixes.

On Screen Keyboard Notes.

Instead of just adding in Russian support for the keyboard which would have been a one off fix just for them I decided to make language support external. This means that anyone can make their own config file for their own language.

In your userdata folder you will see an OSDKeyboard.xml file. This has been set to Russian for release but can easily be edited to make your own language file.

When using the On Screen Keyboard just click the "Lang." button to go to your language.

Beyond XBMC Beta 2

Beyond XBMC Beta 2 (Launcher Version)

Beta 1

I have decided to make my own thread as this was originally posted in the Finless 1.8 thread and people have asked for it. I will try to support it as much as possible and also use this thread for any xbmc help concerning addons etc.

This should work on all 3188 devices as I am using it on a K-R42, T-R42 and a Minix X7. It will also not overwrite any XMBC that you have installed already but make sure you don't have others running the same time as it.

Some of the things that should work.
    • Hardware Decoding
    • Mouse wheel support
    • New Graphics (Not finished yet)
    • A fully customizable version of Confluence skin as default. All other skins removed. (If you want it faster then enable minimum spec option in skin settings)
    • Audio offset by 250 ms to fix audio lag.
    • SuperRepo Included.
    • All addons brought up to date.

It takes a long time on first run (about 2 minutes) while it sets everything up. The screen will go black and then it will go thru a few backgrounds, Just wait it out. It will launch normally after the first time.

Let me know how it goes.

Beyond XBMC Beta 1
    Last edited by Molle; 01-24-2014, 12:57.
    To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

hi #Flumpster

Ty for your new version of xbmc. I will try it later of course.

I have found something weird in my x7 + xbmc minix beta2 . When i use super repo and all addons from there, i see that buffering is too slow in some sources, and i have problem when i pause a movie for a lot of time ( 15 minutes and up ). Buffering won't continue to download.

But i tried xbmchub installation in minix xbmc beta 2, and i see fast buffering, no pause issue ( in pause buffering continues untill the end of the movie ). Have someone found this issue or only my thoughts? Your opinion please!

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
      Let me know how it goes.

Beyond XBMC Beta 1
      Sorry to bother, but is based on Minix beta 1? Why not use the beta 2 insteaed?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ptiper21 View Post
        hi #Flumpster

Ty for your new version of xbmc. I will try it later of course.

I have found something weird in my x7 + xbmc minix beta2 . When i use super repo and all addons from there, i see that buffering is too slow in some sources, and i have problem when i pause a movie for a lot of time ( 15 minutes and up ). Buffering won't continue to download.

But i tried xbmchub installation in minix xbmc beta 2, and i see fast buffering, no pause issue ( in pause buffering continues untill the end of the movie ). Have someone found this issue or only my thoughts? Your opinion please!
        It sounds like xbmchub is writing an advancedsettings.xml file into your user folder that is writing different settings for you than default.

Look in your sdcard/android/data/hk.minix.xbmc folder for the userdata folder and see if there is an advancedsettings.xml file there. If there is post the contents of it so I can see what settings xbmchub is overwriting.

Comment

Originally posted by jcespi2005 View Post
          Sorry to bother, but is based on Minix beta 1? Why not use the beta 2 insteaed?

Thanks
          It is not based on the Minix releases at all. This Beta 1 is my own Beta 1 and nothing to do with Minix.

It is based off SPMC which is very similar to the Minix releases.

Comment

Hi Flumpster,
            I downloaded, installed and tested your XBMC yesterday for about an hour. As I have been trying the various versions of XBMC on minix neo X7 for the last few months, I felt your version had a mature look. A lot of things that I tried worked right off the gate such as DD/DTS through HDMI etc. All the files I tried were from a NAS so that functionality was good as well. Finally, I just wanted to see what it does with a DTS-HD file. It just quit. This is not a knock on your program, but just a test report. I don't know of a version that plays those files yet. One of Lewy's versions would attempt to play but was not successful but would not quit. Your inclusion of the superrepo was great. Saves the user some steps of going through the program etc. I tried a few such as 1channel, mashup etc. and they all worked. Overall a great program. Thanks for your effort and time.

Comment

Thnx for listening to us mate.

As i said, i tried the app while i was in Finless 1.8 (least OCd kernel). App would start, turn screen black after a bit, and just close.

Ps, how far would u think the app is compatible. Maybe u want to move the topic on the RK3188 main section , should gather more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishwa Somayaji View Post
                Hi Flumpster,
                I downloaded, installed and tested your XBMC yesterday for about an hour. As I have been trying the various versions of XBMC on minix neo X7 for the last few months, I felt your version had a mature look. A lot of things that I tried worked right off the gate such as DD/DTS through HDMI etc. All the files I tried were from a NAS so that functionality was good as well. Finally, I just wanted to see what it does with a DTS-HD file. It just quit. This is not a knock on your program, but just a test report. I don't know of a version that plays those files yet. One of Lewy's versions would attempt to play but was not successful but would not quit. Your inclusion of the superrepo was great. Saves the user some steps of going through the program etc. I tried a few such as 1channel, mashup etc. and they all worked. Overall a great program. Thanks for your effort and time.
                Thanks for the report mate.

Unfortunately I do not know enough about AV formats to even attempt to fix that file format. If a format doesn't play in SPMC or Minix XBMC then it will 99% not work here either. You would need to wait for someone with that knowledge like Koying or Stafstrom to fix it in their build and then I could cherry pick it from their code.

This release is mainly about bringing all the small fixes together and making it customizable out of the box to save me time when setting it up for people. My own version doesn't even set up the home screen like beta 1 does but sets it all up with the streams that I install for my family. I didn't want to do that with the beta as everyone uses different streams and the layout that is included shows a lot of what can be done with the skin.

Comment

It sounds like xbmchub is writing an advancedsettings.xml file into your user folder that is writing different settings for you than default.

Look in your sdcard/android/data/hk.minix.xbmc folder for the userdata folder and see if there is an advancedsettings.xml file there. If there is post the contents of it so I can see what settings xbmchub is overwriting.
                  HTML Code:
                  <?xml version="1.0"?>
                  -<advancedsettings>

-<network>
                  <autodetectpingtime>30</autodetectpingtime>
                  <!-- Time (in seconds) between pings for detecting new xboxes. Default 30, minimum 1, maximum 240 -->

<curlclienttimeout>60</curlclienttimeout>
                  <!-- Timeout (in seconds) for player and other connections. Default 10, minimum 1, maximum 1000 -->

<curllowspeedtime>60</curllowspeedtime>
                  <!-- Time (in seconds) the http client should wait before judging a connection as low. Default 20, minimum 1, maximum 1000 -->

<curlretries>2</curlretries>
                  <!-- Number of times the http client retries. Default 2, minimum 0, maximum 10 -->

<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
                  <!-- Disables ipv6. Default false -->

<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
                  <!-- Size of the player cache in bytes. Default 20M (20*1024*1024), if 0 it uses a SimpleFileCache. -->

</network>
                  </advancedsettings>

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
                    Thnx for listening to us mate.

As i said, i tried the app while i was in Finless 1.8 (least OCd kernel). App would start, turn screen black after a bit, and just close.

Ps, how far would u think the app is compatible. Maybe u want to move the topic on the RK3188 main section , should gather more attention.
                    I might need a logcat of this. I can't see it being the Finless 1.8 rom as I noticed that the beta had been downloaded over a 100 times before the download site crashed and there probably would have been more commenting on it not working.

It can take a long time when it first goes to black screen. You don't want to be closing it or pressing any buttons during this time.

Try and install it again after a fresh restart and before launching any other versions of XBMC. If it still does it go into sdcard/android/data and see if it has created a folder called com.flumpmster.xbmc.

Comment

HTML Code:
                      <?xml version="1.0"?>
                      -<advancedsettings>

-<network>
                      <autodetectpingtime>30</autodetectpingtime>
                      <!-- Time (in seconds) between pings for detecting new xboxes. Default 30, minimum 1, maximum 240 -->

<curlclienttimeout>60</curlclienttimeout>
                      <!-- Timeout (in seconds) for player and other connections. Default 10, minimum 1, maximum 1000 -->

<curllowspeedtime>60</curllowspeedtime>
                      <!-- Time (in seconds) the http client should wait before judging a connection as low. Default 20, minimum 1, maximum 1000 -->

<curlretries>2</curlretries>
                      <!-- Number of times the http client retries. Default 2, minimum 0, maximum 10 -->

<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
                      <!-- Disables ipv6. Default false -->

<!-- Size of the player cache in bytes. Default 20M (20*1024*1024), if 0 it uses a SimpleFileCache. -->

</network>
                      </advancedsettings>

It is the following that is helping you.

I was going to add that setting in for Beta 2 anyway as it has already been requested by someone who was testing it. Just keep a copy of that file for now and you can add it back into your user folder for the time being without using xbmchub installer.

Comment

Also with super-repo i couldn't make real-debrid account login. With xbmchub it is working good. I have read that developers from xbmchub have fixed it in their setup.

Comment

Thanks for the report mate.

Unfortunately I do not know enough about AV formats to even attempt to fix that file format. If a format doesn't play in SPMC or Minix XBMC then it will 99% not work here either. You would need to wait for someone with that knowledge like Koying or Stafstrom to fix it in their build and then I could cherry pick it from their code.

This release is mainly about bringing all the small fixes together and making it customizable out of the box to save me time when setting it up for people. My own version doesn't even set up the home screen like beta 1 does but sets it all up with the streams that I install for my family. I didn't want to do that with the beta as everyone uses different streams and the layout that is included shows a lot of what can be done with the skin.
                          Thanks for your reply and we may have to wait a really long time for the passthrough of DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD formats. Koying did explain it and from what I understood, it is the limitation of android right now. I will try more things tonight and report back if I find anything worth reporting. Many thanks.

Comment

Hi, Flumpster,
                            Thanks for your hard job! Beyong XBMC it's great for me!!!
                            Could you add multilingual support to Beyong XBMC keyboard?

Comment

Also with super-repo i couldn't make real-debrid account login. With xbmchub it is working good. I have read that developers from xbmchub have fixed it in their setup.
                              SuperRepo doesn't always have the most up to date addon in their repository. It can take a few days for them to catch up on the more obscure ones.

I am open to suggestions on adding in anymore Repos tho. I will try to get Fusion set up ready to use in the next beta also.

Comment

Working...
                              X