Screen Flashing after MK908ii Finless ROM 1.5a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Flashing after MK908ii Finless ROM 1.5a

I have installed the ROM buy after the box restarted the screen is now constantly flickering between a blank screen and the screen I should expect to see? I flashed the ROM again but to the same issue?

Has this happened to anyone else or is there a way I could do some sort of rollback or restore?

Originally posted by jonwalters23 View Post
    I have installed the ROM buy after the box restarted the screen is now constantly flickering between a blank screen and the screen I should expect to see? I flashed the ROM again but to the same issue?

Has this happened to anyone else or is there a way I could do some sort of rollback or restore?
    I have had this happen to me with a few roms that I had tested. Unfortunately, I -- myself -- don't know of any way to "rollback" something of this nature, nor do I know of a solution for this. But, I too would like to know of why this is happening - since most of the roms I have installed on either my MK908ii or my CX-919 have had the same issue -- other than the "rescue" rom.

Comment

Well, on my MK908ii, I have just test this. I installed Finless 1.5a with the 720vsync kernel and the boot720 boot option. I had screen flickering, but I changed in settings, 'HDMI mode' to 720p-60 with no flickering. I will try with the same variation, but the 1080vsync and the boot1080 to see if that will still work.

Comment

So far, even with both the 1080p for the kernel and boot, I have to change the HDMI mode to 720-60 to stop the flickering.

Comment

So, I think the only valid solution that I can find for this - for any variation of kernel/boot install that you choose - you will have to change the HDMI Mode to '1080x720p-60' in the settings menu (Settings->Screen->HDMI Mode) of the device. Unless someone else could lend a better solution, this is the only thing I can come up with and this was simply through trial and error. It's not a significant issue in perspective, unless you have an amazingly HUGE television set, than the 1080p-720p shouldn't really play much of an issue.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by KolyaIsAwesome View Post
            So, I think the only valid solution that I can find for this - for any variation of kernel/boot install that you choose - you will have to change the HDMI Mode to '1080x720p-60' in the settings menu (Settings->Screen->HDMI Mode) of the device. Unless someone else could lend a better solution, this is the only thing I can come up with and this was simply through trial and error. It's not a significant issue in perspective, unless you have an amazingly HUGE television set, than the 1080p-720p shouldn't really play much of an issue.

Hope this helps.
            I have 3 mk908ii and i put finless 1.5a and hdmi mode to 1080p. 2 of them, the screen flicker every 3 or 4 seconds, the other one is perfect. I use the same cables in all of them.

The good news...the new Rom 4.4.2 of finless, the problem dissapear.

Comment

Originally posted by ekanemore View Post
              I have 3 mk908ii and i put finless 1.5a and hdmi mode to 1080p. 2 of them, the screen flicker every 3 or 4 seconds, the other one is perfect. I use the same cables in all of them.

Does 4.4.2 kitkat rom of Finless have native 1080p or just 720p? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ekanemore View Post

I think the main issue is it's more than just flickering, it's more or less the screen going off and on.

Comment

Originally posted by KolyaIsAwesome View Post
                  I think the main issue is it's more than just flickering, it's more or less the screen going off and on.
                  The same like me, every 3 or 4 second, the screen switch off until half second and again...3 second and switch off the screen...3 second....screen switch off...

Sorry, i thought the meaning of "flickering" was it...

I will test other things and i inform you if i get something....

Comment

I have got the CX-919, but I have the same problem. The strange thing is that with the original stock firmware the CX-919 seemed to work fine, after I tried to flash Finless 1.6b it started to flickering (with black screen every 4-5 seconds), and continued also after I flashed the last stock firmware. Only with a rom called "rescue rom" seems to doesn't show the issue, so I'll test with Neomode and previous releases of Finless and stock, but it's a very strange thing... Does anyone know why?

Comment

Originally posted by cluster_danneggiato View Post
                      I have got the CX-919, but I have the same problem. The strange thing is that with the original stock firmware the CX-919 seemed to work fine, after I tried to flash Finless 1.6b it started to flickering (with black screen every 4-5 seconds), and continued also after I flashed the last stock firmware. Only with a rom called "rescue rom" seems to doesn't show the issue, so I'll test with Neomode and previous releases of Finless and stock, but it's a very strange thing... Does anyone know why?
                      I have screen off flashing issue even being in CWM. I think it's not rom related issue.

Comment

Originally posted by kandilak View Post
                        I have screen off flashing issue even being in CWM. I think it's not rom related issue.
                        Yes, I think so, but I would understand why with many well-known roms the issue persists, while with the rescue rom no... I MUST understand...

Comment

Originally posted by cluster_danneggiato View Post
                          Yes, I think so, but I would understand why with many well-known roms the issue persists, while with the rescue rom no... I MUST understand...
                          I have test my MK908ii on 3 different tv sets and the result is that on 2 of them i have screen off flashing issue and the other one i have flickering issue. Maybe a bad miniHDMI to HDMI compatibility.

Comment

If it is flashing in CWM then it is not the OS (ROM) but it could be the kernel. The kernel is used in CWM too.
                            Possibly some hardware change over time now needs some timing change in the kernel? I do not know as I do not have the issue. I would try other kernels. Even if wifi doesn't work on a different kernel, you can see if flashing continues.
                            It would have been nice if on one of those 2 stick you have, if you could have dumped the kernel image. We could use that to test. Did it flash on the stock ROM? If not, we need that kernel to take a look.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              If it is flashing in CWM then it is not the OS (ROM) but it could be the kernel. The kernel is used in CWM too.
                              Possibly some hardware change over time now needs some timing change in the kernel? I do not know as I do not have the issue. I would try other kernels. Even if wifi doesn't work on a different kernel, you can see if flashing continues.
                              It would have been nice if on one of those 2 stick you have, if you could have dumped the kernel image. We could use that to test. Did it flash on the stock ROM? If not, we need that kernel to take a look.

Bob
                              Bob, If asking me , I have only one ΜΚ908ii. Which device's-rom's kernel you suggest to test on my device?

Comment

Working...
                              X