Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcurole View Post
    I am using this rom with 1704CPUstockGPU720ram kernel controlled from a Logitech K400 keyboard with HDMI through my ONKYO reciever to my projector. I have been having some audio dropouts and streaming video freezing in XBMC using Xunity Istream. When i check my speedtest.net wi-fi speed on my 50Mbps Cox Cable connection running through my Linksys EA4500 N900 router (18ft away) I get 15-18Mbps download speed. When i use the ethernet connection from the same router i get 62- 65 Mbps download and XBMC streams much better with few dropouts and no freezing. (Sometimes it pays to complain about slow service to your cable provider ) When i check my wi-fi signal using wi-fi analyzer I see the 2.4Ghz is getting 38 db but the 5 Ghz signal is getting 58 db . I know the X7 is dual band wi-fi but I cannot find out how to make the X7 select the right band. Is there a way for me to force the X7 to use the 2.4 Ghz band? I have another question. Does everyone use Xunity Istream to configure their XBMC or do you use another installer or do it manually? I find the skins on Xunity to be not quite right for my X7 with K400 combination. I also cannot get 5.1 channel output to my reciever anymore. I used to when i was using the stock minix 006 and generic android XBMC. BTW Great Rom! I and many others appreciate all the programmers here at Freaktab.
    Sorry but we have not any device what can handle hdmi passthrought The only we can check is optical spdif output and it work great, maybe if someone use hdmi passthrought can help.

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

XBMC bug

Hi,

I'm really liking this ROM, but unfortunately I found a bug in Xbmc: if I watch a video with subtitles, and skip back a few seconds (left arrow), the subtitles are gone. Don't know if you already noticed this, but I think it's pretty annoying.
      Otherwise it's working great so far.

Comment

Originally posted by toeter80 View Post
        Hi,

I'm really liking this ROM, but unfortunately I found a bug in Xbmc: if I watch a video with subtitles, and skip back a few seconds (left arrow), the subtitles are gone. Don't know if you already noticed this, but I think it's pretty annoying.
        Otherwise it's working great so far.
        Will you try beyond xbmc by flumpster? Maybe it will work better, it's better than the one from quickshot.
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I installed Beyond XBMC on this rom last night and the streaming video playback is so much smoother on XBMC, but I am still using ethernet because wi-fi is over 4 times slower. Still only have analog stereo. Anyone know how i can find out which wi-fi band the X7 is using and can it be selectable?

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
            Will you try beyond xbmc by flumpster? Maybe it will work better, it's better than the one from quickshot.
            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...BMC-(Beta-3-1)
            OK, I took your advice,and guess what? Flumpsters XBMC has exactly the same bug.
            It just happens on backward skip,not on forward skip.

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by toeter80 View Post
              OK, I took your advice,and guess what? Flumpsters XBMC has exactly the same bug.
              It just happens on backward skip,not on forward skip.
              i'm sorry for that, did you report this to Flumpster?
              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

i'm sorry for that, did you report this to Flumpster?
                I see everything
                To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                  I see everything
                  everything? OMG! don't look at my .. toes.. xD

Comment

everything? OMG! don't look at my .. toes.. xD
                    Oh no. Too late.

To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

LoL

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                        Sorry but we have not any device what can handle hdmi passthrought The only we can check is optical spdif output and it work great, maybe if someone use hdmi passthrought can help.

leolas
                        I would do what ever it takes to help!
                        I would also flash original 006 if logs could help, would be so damn Nice to have hdmi passthrough in xbmc also! :-)

Have been testning more with MXPlayer, and I have drop in sound then using hdmi passthrough.. Not much, but still 3-4 times during a movie..

Comment

Originally posted by mcurole View Post
                          I installed Beyond XBMC on this rom last night and the streaming video playback is so much smoother on XBMC, but I am still using ethernet because wi-fi is over 4 times slower. Still only have analog stereo. Anyone know how i can find out which wi-fi band the X7 is using and can it be selectable?
                          Could you tell me a little about your set up with 006 and working hdmi passthrough in xbmc?
                          Would like to test it and see if there is any differences..

Hope that it could help TNT to make the Best rom out here! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Phycopat View Post
                            I would do what ever it takes to help!
                            I would also flash original 006 if logs could help, would be so damn Nice to have hdmi passthrough in xbmc also! :-)

Have been testning more with MXPlayer, and I have drop in sound then using hdmi passthrough.. Not much, but still 3-4 times during a movie..
                            And with 006 you dont have them? Thanks.

Originally posted by Phycopat View Post
                            Could you tell me a little about your set up with 006 and working hdmi passthrough in xbmc?
                            Would like to test it and see if there is any differences..

Hope that it could help TNT to make the Best rom out here! ;-)
                            Thanks a lot!

leolas
                            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                            My devices:
                            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                            Gearbest.com)
                            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                              And with 006 you dont have them? Thanks.

Thanks a lot!

leolas
                              Have nerver been on 006, receiver it with 008..
                              Was only asking if that maybe could help you guys.. If no, i like it as it is, but if that could help i will do it as the first thing tomorrow then i get off work..

Comment

I can flash the rom just fine but when i do the overclocked kernal no matter which option i choose i get a android guy with a red triangle and the option to reboot the system.
                                What am i doing wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X