Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goonerjo View Post
    Hello all,

I have a problem with the quick shot rom, the system switches off after few minutes of inactivity. the debugger 'stay awake' option is already on.. any idea about this? because of this i have to manuall switch on the power button every time..

Thanks and Regards,
    jo
    It certainly isn't a normal thing... look for apps you've installed as possibly causing it... if it's not one of those... try re-flashing it. Everything else I could think of is hardware related issues.

I'm on an x7 and have been running QS v2 since day one of when I got it... no issues similar although I've had programs cause reboots before... just nothing switching it off etc.

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

@rdsok, thanks for your help answering and helping users

@goonerjo take a look your oc values too, what kernel are you using?

leolas
      sent from my phone.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Hi Everyone.

Just thought I would firstly say thanks to everyone on the team that put Quickshot V2 together. I have been running it on my Minix X7 for about a month now and things are great. The whole family is also loving Flumster's Beyond XBMC running on it. Has opened up a whole new world of movie content.

I have one issue that I would like to sort out if possible. For some reason I can not get the Youtube app to work. It will open but not play any video. I understand that you need to use the preinstalled version. I have even tried an updated version from the play store, with no luck. I have gone back to the preinstalled version.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post

leolas
          sent from my phone.

I don't know why I didn't think of it possibly being an OC issue.... I know better than that

( don't mind trying to help when I can... )

Comment

leolas
            sent from my phone.

hello, i am using kernel_1800h_gpu798h_ddr720.img_quickflasher.zip kernel. i am not sure what is OC values.. (i havent done anything for overclocking manually), just flashed the kernel which i did according to few earlier post by butch! should i be changing this?

Comment

hello, i am using kernel_1800h_gpu798h_ddr720.img_quickflasher.zip kernel. i am not sure what is OC values.. (i havent done anything for overclocking manually), just flashed the kernel which i did according to few earlier post by butch! should i be changing this?
              You flashed an OC'd kernel...

The 1800 part... is the speed of the CPU... stock is 1600

The GPU speed of the one you used is 798 ( also OC'd )

The memory ( DDR ) is clocked to 720 ( also an OC'd speed )

Every system is different... some can OC more than others and this is also explained in this thread. Use the kernel with the DDR set to 720 only ( it's a safe OC on most systems )... and none of the rest of it OC'd... then see how the system behaves. If it's ok at that speed... you can speed up a little here and there ( take in steps ) and if something starts messing up... step back a notch on the speed a little.

Comment

Can anybody help me with flashing this rom under windows 8.1. I have virtualbox installed but I dont know what to do next. Maybe a step by step tuturial anybody?

My thanks is very great

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

Try to use cpu1800 gpustock ddr720 and tell me if it helps

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
                  Can anybody help me with flashing this rom under windows 8.1. I have virtualbox installed but I dont know what to do next. Maybe a step by step tuturial anybody?

My thanks is very great

With 8.1 is a nightmare try to flash roms in this devices, I use a virtual box machine in xp running in linux without problems, the dame virtual machine dont works in 8.1.

Roms with loaders 2.xx seems that can be flashed from 8.1, but I am not sure.

leolas
                  sent from my phone.
                  REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                  My devices:
                  Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                  MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                  Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                  Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                  Gearbest.com)
                  MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                  Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Try to use cpu1800 gpustock ddr720 and tell me if it helps

With 8.1 is a nightmare try to flash roms in this devices, I use a virtual box machine in xp running in linux without problems, the dame virtual machine dont works in 8.1.

Roms with loaders 2.xx seems that can be flashed from 8.1, but I am not sure.

leolas
                    sent from my phone.
                    So im ****ed
                    I must find a win7 pc then.

Thanks leo

Comment

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
                      So im ****ed
                      I must find a win7 pc then.

Thanks leo

No your not fuct my friend! Try a dual boot windows 8 > 7.
                      I've not done it myself but my new lappy came with shitty windows 8 so I uninstalled it and put windows 7 on.
                      I've found a guide for you to take a look at and you'll need either a trial windows 7 or a torrented full version with key-gen.
                      Link to making dual boot PC:
                      Your newly purchased computer or the one you just built has Windows 8 installed. You now want to install Windows 7 as a second operating system. What should you do?

Hope this helps dude....
                      Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
                      Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

I'll try playing with my Win8.1 again later tonigh... there has been a few posts that are supposed to cover it but I've yet to test them. I know the first time I tried it, it didn't work but didn't try the newer methods I've read of since.... Having WinXP and Win 7 systems around makes me lazy

Comment

Putting win7 64 on it as we speak. To manny thing are not good on win8 .
                          Anybody trying to stop me from flashing this rom is bezerkk

Comment

Rom question

I have a neox7 mini Stock firmware and the picture quality on netflix etc.. are OK.

If I upgrade to this Rom will my quality improve.

is there a video on how the upgrade is done

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by john6969 View Post
                              I have a neox7 mini Stock firmware and the picture quality on netflix etc.. are OK.

thank you
                              the video quality depends on Netflix streams not on the rom itself.
                              Yes, there's a video on how yo install quickshot v2 under win xp on YouTube. http://youtu.be/ezTyKXrLlxU
                              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by john6969 View Post
                                I have a neo x7 mini Stock firmware and the picture quality on netflix etc.. are OK.

thank you
                                Please note you are posting this in the full "x7" version and not the one for the "x7 mini"

Don't flash the wrong one for your device

Comment

Working...
                                X