• Show
Clear All

release

Release is not ready?When?

Comment

Originally posted by dwane3 View Post
      Release is not ready?When?
      it will be ready when we decide it's ready. don't push, please
      There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

How to run scripts

"Solve reboots problems with melee f10 and other remotes:"

How do I run the scripts for the remotes mentioned on the first page. I would appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by benny638 View Post
          "Solve reboots problems with melee f10 and other remotes:"

How do I run the scripts for the remotes mentioned on the first page. I would appreciate the help.
          You'd flash it using Quickflasher like with a kernel

Comment

Quickshot v2 and XBMC Gotham

For people who have XBMC Gotham... Did you do anything special to get this working smoothly? My video seems choppy... definitely choppy w/ 1080p and sometimes even w/ 720p. are you using one of the overclocked kernels (if so which?) or just the regular Quickshot v2 ROM? Any settings in xbmc itself i might need to tweak?

also, this is probably a dumb question but i am pretty new to all of this... My tv is just a small 23 inch tv. so really, i wont be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on it. would i get a benefit in video playback and performance if i used the 720p ROM instead of the 1080p? also, if i used the 720p rom, what happens if i play a 1080p movie?

Comment

I use 720p kernel from oc kernel pack. Kernel with ram oc only - @720. All 720p video files with dts or ac3 with passthrough on xbmc 13rc1 gotham working just fine on my 37x10y Panasonic hd ready plazma tv. Full hd - 1080p movies works fine and looks the same as 720p. I have a problem with one movie -*Monsters, Inc . 1080p. DTS audiotrack. Movie is lagy after half minute . The same movie play fine on beyound xbmc - frodo build and on mx player or rk stock player. I dont know why gotham have problem with that video file. When i off passthrough in Gotham xbmc animation on movie is like shoud be.

All other my movies play smoothly in gotham and have less buffer on start. I'm waiting for final build of xbmc. Btw i use confluence customizable mod so it looks almost like beyound.

Other issue is that in Gotham xbmc i can only write some texts only using mouse. Like when i search something on youtube addon etc. Minix remote is no full suported in rc1 xbmc for texting, all other tjongs can be done in xbmc by stock remote. O use stock remote for navigation and mouse only for write text on virtual keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisvlad View Post
                For people who have XBMC Gotham... Did you do anything special to get this working smoothly? My video seems choppy... definitely choppy w/ 1080p and sometimes even w/ 720p. are you using one of the overclocked kernels (if so which?) or just the regular Quickshot v2 ROM? Any settings in xbmc itself i might need to tweak?

also, this is probably a dumb question but i am pretty new to all of this... My tv is just a small 23 inch tv. so really, i wont be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on it. would i get a benefit in video playback and performance if i used the 720p ROM instead of the 1080p? also, if i used the 720p rom, what happens if i play a 1080p movie?
                I'm running a slightly OC'd kernel... the CPU 1608h and DDR at 720 ...

I haven't used any of the Gotham beta or RC releases of XBMC... I use Beyond XBMC v3.4 which is still based on a Frodo build. Everything is usually smooth as silk with the exception just after startup when add-ons etc are getting updated it sometimes is a bit choppy, but that is to be expected I think.

When you mention video... you didn't mention what source you are using.... Internet and network sources can be choppy and nothing at all is wrong with the XBMC build you are using... lags on certain network setups and anytime streaming from online sources are not how you judge it .... Always use a local source for this type of testing... anything else adds too many other possible causes of a lag or choppy video.

There are a few things to look at if you are using WiFi and are on a network or streaming from the internet... but since this wasn't mentioned I won't go into it again unless this info is mentioned.... or just read back through the thread, I'm sure I've "harped" about it before

Comment

Thanks.

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                  You'd flash it using Quickflasher like with a kernel
                  Appreciate the help rdsok I was making it hard. :-)

Comment

I'm running a slightly OC'd kernel... the CPU 1608h and DDR at 720 ...

I haven't used any of the Gotham beta or RC releases of XBMC... I use Beyond XBMC v3.4 which is still based on a Frodo build. Everything is usually smooth as silk with the exception just after startup when add-ons etc are getting updated it sometimes is a bit choppy, but that is to be expected I think.

When you mention video... you didn't mention what source you are using.... Internet and network sources can be choppy and nothing at all is wrong with the XBMC build you are using... lags on certain network setups and anytime streaming from online sources are not how you judge it .... Always use a local source for this type of testing... anything else adds too many other possible causes of a lag or choppy video.

There are a few things to look at if you are using WiFi and are on a network or streaming from the internet... but since this wasn't mentioned I won't go into it again unless this info is mentioned.... or just read back through the thread, I'm sure I've "harped" about it before
                    at first i used a SMB share over WiFi which was pretty bad with lots of buffering.. now i am doing FTP over Ethernet, so much better ... no buffering, but still somewhat choppy.

i'll try using the kernel you recommended... this was from the 720p pack? the one named "kernel_cpu1608h_gpustock_ddr720.img_quickflasher. zip"?

also, did you need to change any settings in xbmc itself? any of the video settings or anything? i saw some instructions about updating advancedsettings.xml here (http://minixforums.com/threads/how-t...minix-x7.2360/). should i do this?

Comment

at first i used a SMB share over WiFi which was pretty bad with lots of buffering.. now i am doing FTP over Ethernet, so much better ... no buffering, but still somewhat choppy.

i'll try using the kernel you recommended... this was from the 720p pack? the one named "kernel_cpu1608h_gpustock_ddr720.img_quickflasher. zip"?

also, did you need to change any settings in xbmc itself? any of the video settings or anything? i saw some instructions about updating advancedsettings.xml here (http://minixforums.com/threads/how-t...minix-x7.2360/). should i do this?
                      You may have network issues.... as I said... only take local media, not network connected media as a valid test source... Once you know your vid's play smoothly locally, then ( if it's needed and things are still choppy ) go into seeing what you can do to address any possible network issues you may have.

I use 1080p kernels only.... all from the original kernel pack. I really doubt that your issue is going to be kernel caused one... I do feel it's an important step to find which kernel works best on your system... but video choppiness, stuttering etc isn't going to tell you that... just general performance will. Most users seem to go with the fastest OC they can that their system doesn't lock up or act strangely... I'm a tech and do it differently... I only go as fast as I need to see the system operate quickly and smoothly. The more you OC the more strain you place on the CPU/GPU which shortens it's lifespan. So I OC judiciously instead of going for all I can get.

Beyond XBMC already has most if not all of the different tweaks for it.... so I haven't needed to mess with my advancedsettings.xml... and I'm not running a Gotham build on my Neo x7 either.... so I would see different things ( ie issues or problems ) than you in that area. So others in the XBMC forum area will be better suited to answering your questions that I am.

So... my recommendations.

Take the worst playing video you have... move it to your device to use for testing. This eliminates other possible causes and tests just your device and the XBMC you are running only. If they are playing smoothly on your device... you know you need to look into networking things and can quit worring about the device and/or software.

I'd probably start with selecting your kernel before doing the above... ie only OC as much as needed for the device to work smoothly without causing odd issues or lockups.

I wouldn't be surprised that the advancedsettings.xml could use a few tweaks... I'm just not the one to ask which ones. I'm also relatively new to XMBC...

Comment

You may have network issues.... as I said... only take local media, not network connected media as a valid test source... Once you know your vid's play smoothly locally, then ( if it's needed and things are still choppy ) go into seeing what you can do to address any possible network issues you may have.

I use 1080p kernels only.... all from the original kernel pack. I really doubt that your issue is going to be kernel caused one... I do feel it's an important step to find which kernel works best on your system... but video choppiness, stuttering etc isn't going to tell you that... just general performance will. Most users seem to go with the fastest OC they can that their system doesn't lock up or act strangely... I'm a tech and do it differently... I only go as fast as I need to see the system operate quickly and smoothly. The more you OC the more strain you place on the CPU/GPU which shortens it's lifespan. So I OC judiciously instead of going for all I can get.

Beyond XBMC already has most if not all of the different tweaks for it.... so I haven't needed to mess with my advancedsettings.xml... and I'm not running a Gotham build on my Neo x7 either.... so I would see different things ( ie issues or problems ) than you in that area. So others in the XBMC forum area will be better suited to answering your questions that I am.

So... my recommendations.

Take the worst playing video you have... move it to your device to use for testing. This eliminates other possible causes and tests just your device and the XBMC you are running only. If they are playing smoothly on your device... you know you need to look into networking things and can quit worring about the device and/or software.

I'd probably start with selecting your kernel before doing the above... ie only OC as much as needed for the device to work smoothly without causing odd issues or lockups.

I wouldn't be surprised that the advancedsettings.xml could use a few tweaks... I'm just not the one to ask which ones. I'm also relatively new to XMBC...

Thanks for the tips! i will try this. So, i didnt realize that youb are using the 1080p kernel. is there any advantage/disadvantage to me using the 720p kernels?

Comment

Do u use some SMB share from Android to PC, or only SMB from PC to Android? I wonder which apps works good for you , i havent been able to find a good working one. Either it doesnt show anything, or is asking for password in windows ...

I use "justXBMC" app and only issue i have is sometimes it make a short freeze for few seconds, but thats FW related as ive read. using 1080p kernel.

Is "Gotham" any better then the modded working older versions?
                          Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
                          Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
                          Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
                          Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
                          Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

Thanks for the tips! i will try this. So, i didnt realize that youb are using the 1080p kernel. is there any advantage/disadvantage to me using the 720p kernels?
                            On the Neo x7 which uses the good RK3188 CPU... I see no big advantage... on other dual core or the crippled RK3188-T CPU, using a 720p kernel could make a difference. So unless that is all that your TV/Monitor supports... I'd go for the 1080p kernel just so you have more options available. Don't read me wrong, the 720p kernel should be slightly quicker, I just don't think it's a big difference when you have a processor that can handle it fine.

Comment

Originally posted by killeriq View Post
                              Do u use some SMB share from Android to PC, or only SMB from PC to Android? I wonder which apps works good for you , i havent been able to find a good working one. Either it doesnt show anything, or is asking for password in windows ...

I use "justXBMC" app and only issue i have is sometimes it make a short freeze for few seconds, but thats FW related as ive read. using 1080p kernel.

Is "Gotham" any better then the modded working older versions?
                              I shared a folder from my PC to my Minix X7 via SMB. but, it was slow... i definitely recommend using ftp instead.

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with the official Minix A2 remote?

Is the actual hardware of the remote so unstable or is it caused by software or maybe even by this ROM?

Almost every day when I watch a movie and when it's time to hit the pause - It just doesn't respond. Only way to get it back to life is to unplug the usb-dongle, remove batteries, re-attach them and then it works for a while. Sometimes the Gyro movement gets laggy, it doesn't register every push etc. Really annoying.

Also this remote seems like a battery hog - 2*AAA batteries every month and a half. Normal behaviour?

I'm close to throwing this piece of garbage to the trash already and buy a real mouse and keyboard. Does anyone have idea if this works with Minix with all the swipe thingies (zoom etc) included?

Logitech Wireless All-in-One Keyboard TK820

Comment

Working...
                                X