Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fedur View Post
    I just whant all functions working on my device.
    I find somo info on links:

Hello, Having to go in settings/storage everytime you wanna safely unmount your USB OTG drives is quite annoying... Is there a way to get a shorcut for that (widget or else) on JB and former Android versions? Thanks~!

I have Tasker apk installed from googleplay then add usb massstorage profil but dont know how add working task to do that script or something.
    Its strange why noone know how unmount usb drive on mynix neo x7.
    Why we dont have settings - storages or usb-storage card for easy mound/unmount drives?
    I'm not very skilled, but I remember that with Linux, the command to unmount a device is (eg.):
    umount /dev/hda2 or sudo umount /dev/hda2 , where hda2 is the device to umount. Of course you need to provide the full path. (sudo provides root permissions).
    To mount, the command is (eg.) mount /dev/hda2 or sudo mount /dev/hda2.
    Please note that hda1/hda2/etc. identifies a disk, while sda1/sda2 etc. identifies a sdcard

Since Android is an offshoot of linux, it would be enough simply find the full path to the device to be umount/mount, and you're done ...

Anyway, take it with a springs because I may be wrong ...
    However, it is easy, just find the path, open a terminal and give the command sudo prefixing with the full path name of the device and press return. At worst it will not work...

However, most of the scripts have been provided ... can be start with this:
    Last edited by kRel; 05-08-2014, 23:12.

Comment

Odp: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by kRel View Post
      I'm not very skilled, but I remember that with Linux, the command to unmount a device is (eg.):
      umount /dev/hda2 or sudo umount /dev/hda2 , where hda2 is the device to umount. Of course you need to provide the full path. (sudo provides root permissions).
      To mount, the command is (eg.) mount /dev/hda2 or sudo mount /dev/hda2.
      Please note that hda1/hda2/etc. identifies a disk, while sda1/sda2 etc. identifies a sdcard

Since Android is an offshoot of linux, it would be enough simply find the full path to the device to be umount/mount, and you're done ...

Anyway, take it with a springs because I may be wrong ...
      However, it is easy, just find the path, open a terminal and give the command sudo prefixing with the full path name of the device and press return. At worst it will not work...

However, most of the scripts have been provided ... can be start with this:

1. Become root.

$ sudo -s

Plug in USB drive to a USB port.******
      Identify the correct partition name corresponding to the USB drive:

The path where my ext hdd is auto-mounted by Quickshot v2 is:

/mnt/usbStorage/usbdisc01 and there I have 2 partitions.

2. Mount the partition to an existing mount point (directory).

$ mkdir -p /mnt/usbstorage
      $ sudo -s
      $ mount /dev/sda1/mnt/usbstorage

3. To retrieve the USB drive:
      We shoud unmount the partition before physically unplugging the USB device.

$ umount /mnt/usbstorage

4.Unplug USB drive when finished.
      I have Sh script runner instaled.
      All steps correct?

Comment

plug your usb drive and it will be automatically mounted
        open terminal
        execute "su" to become root
        execute "mount" to find your device and mount point (you will see several lines of info, just look for the one that has 'usb' word)
        execute "umount mountpoint" replacing mountpoint with what you find on the step before.
        automate process on a script and use it with the app tasker for a comfortable use.
        that's all.
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
          plug your usb drive and it will be automatically mounted
          open terminal
          execute "su" to become root
          execute "mount" to find your device and mount point (you will see several lines of info, just look for the one that has 'usb' word)
          execute "umount mountpoint" replacing mountpoint with what you find on the step before.
          automate process on a script and use it with the app tasker for a comfortable use.
          that's all.
          I try but it dont work or something

Su
          Mount
          Unmount /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 and many more
          Last edited by Fedur; 05-09-2014, 17:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedur View Post
            I try but it dont work or something

Su
            Mount
            Unmount /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0
            umount <-- without "n"
            and actually is
            umount /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0/ADATA\040HD710\040Multimedia
            There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

umount <-- without "n"
              and actually is
              umount /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0/ADATA\040HD710\040Multimedia
              I just have reboot my minix neo x7 and another time blank internal nand flash its 3rd time. 1 was on stock 008 fw on 1st boot. And there is 2nd time on Quick shoot v2.
              The best is that i have mounted my ext hdd. I can go to it becouse i have shortcut on main luncher screen. I was make ot in es Explorer before.
              I was try umount drive with that command and any paths /mnt.... /usb_disk0
              umount /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0/ADATA\040HD710\040Buckup
              umount /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0/ADATA\040HD710\040Multimedia and still no works.

Now need format internal flash to work again. It is sad. If i not have power at home wil lost all data again and again on internal flash. Why that bug still exist?

Comment

CHOPPY AS HELL

I registered just to write this:: For some reason my MINIX X7 is choppy as hell. It does not matter what I do, the entire thing is just choppy and takes like 3-5 seconds to move and everything is just slow. It is only OK when I watch a movie. I get no hiccups there. I use archos. But whenever I use the web browser and any other APP everything is just choppy and the screen seems to be slow to resfesh and render images at times. I don't know if anyone has this problem. I used your rom and the normal 1080 KERNEL. I was not able to use any of the OC kernels because the device would not boot up with any of the OC kernels. Any idea when the new update will come so I can update? Thanks guys!!

Comment

I noticed that the newest official firmware fixes something with the HDMI-parameters. Is this fix available as a patch for this rom?

I've had the problem of my TV stating "HDMI cable might be broken" when using Minix Neo X7. Same text appears on official and this rom. I've tried several HDMI cables without success.

The problem with this is that the TV doesn't get the right HDMI-BlackLevel parameters from the device, with the result of very dark image with crushed blacks. It can be fixed by a workaround, changing the input to PC-mode from tv settings, which bypasses the blacklevel check from the device and brightness/gamma settings are defaulted.

The problem with this method is that all the picture-enhancement options in TV gets disabled when running in PC-mode.

Comment

Originally posted by anttielei View Post
                    I noticed that the newest official firmware fixes something with the HDMI-parameters. Is this fix available as a patch for this rom?

I've had the problem of my TV stating "HDMI cable might be broken" when using Minix Neo X7. Same text appears on official and this rom. I've tried several HDMI cables without success.

The problem with this is that the TV doesn't get the right HDMI-BlackLevel parameters from the device, with the result of very dark image with crushed blacks. It can be fixed by a workaround, changing the input to PC-mode from tv settings, which bypasses the blacklevel check from the device and brightness/gamma settings are defaulted.

The problem with this method is that all the picture-enhancement options in TV gets disabled when running in PC-mode.
                    This is very important question if we could get a HDMI patch which solves the well known black level problem.

Comment

My most preferred rom.. Although the others are great not to my needs.

Good good.

In your new version of the up and coming rom will it have the hdmi hack that is built into minix v10 firmware?
                      Without memories we have nothing.

Comment

Minux Neo 7x smart TV

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know the Quickshot Rom install went though with out a hitch. I have a 720P TV but it seams to be fine with you native 1080 Rom. I tried the most agressive overclock options and my device just locked up, but the defaults did not have any problems. Great selection of apps and tweeks. I downloaded an active wallpaper and I'm very happy with the performace and stability.

Andy

Comment

Sorry guys, we had a health emergency and the firmware will not be published today. Expect it for tomorrow.

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Sorry guys, we had a health emergency and the firmware will not be published today. Expect it for tomorrow.
                            Health issues first guys!!
                            Be well

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

thank you! we hope to publish tomorrow

Comment

Hope everything is ok daemonium.
                                To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Working...
                                X