No announcement yet.

Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow men, you are so fast, jejeje, we need some time to publish it in english
    links to the spanish rom edited, because they can confuse the english users
    This time we did 2 versions one in spanish and the other one (the published here) is enterely in english from the first boot
    Enjoy with the new rom

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Mounting an SMB share in Quickshot V2 Rom

Can anyone please help me with this?

I want to mount my NAS/SMB share but it seems the required modules are not included in this rom.
      I have tried mount manager app from the Play Store and downloaded cifs.ko and other modules from somewhere but they don't seem to work

Anyone had any luck? Can give me a link to the modules?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

o
        Originally posted by Productivity View Post
        Can anyone please help me with this?

I want to mount my NAS/SMB share but it seems the required modules are not included in this rom.
        I have tried mount manager app from the Play Store and downloaded cifs.ko and other modules from somewhere but they don't seem to work

Anyone had any luck? Can give me a link to the modules?

Thanks
        mount manager and cifs manager are quite old apps and no longer work.
        i'm writing a init.d script to mount the smb shares automatically on every boot. i will post it at the Quickshot v3 thread, see you there

EDIT: try this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post179569
        Last edited by daemonium; 05-16-2014, 15:17.
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

aah so thats why i wasnt able to run this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nkyfresh.samba

cos i wanted to share HDD attached to Minix -> Windows machine

But never was able to make it work
          Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
          Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
          Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
          Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
          Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

The USB hard drive is always on and the engine always runs even in stand-by

Waiting to install the V3 I wonder why, even in stand-by mode, the USB connection provides always power, even when I sent Minix on stand-by.

There a remedy? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kRel View Post
              Waiting to install the V3 I wonder why, even in stand-by mode, the USB connection provides always power, even when I sent Minix on stand-by.

There a remedy? Thanks
              Simple...

So wireless kb and/or air mice with power ( standby ) switches will be able to work... not just the IR remote that comes with the unit

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                Simple...

So wireless kb and/or air mice with power ( standby ) switches will be able to work... not just the IR remote that comes with the unit
                thanks for your answer, but I'm afraid I did not explain well ...

I mean to say that an external USB drive, never goes into standby mode and is always powered. So always runs and it wears out. Is there a way to "turn off" the one (or all) USB connection?

Comment

I mean to say that an external USB drive, never goes into standby mode and is always powered. So always runs and it wears out. Is there a way to "turn off" the one (or all) USB connection?
                  You explained it just fine... I think you didn't understand my answer.

Standby mode doesn't shut everything off... the USB ports and IR sensor are left on so they can receive input such as to return back ( ie turn on fully ) from standby. There is no way to turn them off other than to turn off the whole device and not just set it to standby.

So if you want a USB device to power off... you must turn off the device completely, not just set it to standby. Most computers use the same method for standby ... the USB and similar ports will still be on so they can receive a signal to come fully back on.

There is nothing to "fix"... this is by design.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                    You explained it just fine... I think you didn't understand my answer.
                    There is nothing to "fix"... this is by design.
                    Now you've explained it well!
                    In your first response, you have taken it for granted that I was aware of some design features. I learn just now from you.

Thanks !

Comment

Odp: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Now you've explained it well!
                      In your first response, you have taken it for granted that I was aware of some design features. I learn just now from you.

Thanks !

Before i use normal usb hub on back neo x7 to plug external usb hdd drive. No options to power off that usb ports if not shut down power.
                      Now i use usb otg port to plug my external hdddrive. It is auto mounted on mnt/usb_storage but i try and no chance to unmount it from it, so i install otg helper pro apk - you can fond it in google store. It mounted that hdd disk on different path on /storage/usbotg... I use only that path on xbmc or mx player and all another app to explore hdd or add sources to media apps or for destination path for downloading directory. Now when whant shut down that hdd safety I unmound hdd disk in otg helper apk. Then go to minix settings then USB and then connect to PC. If it is enabled power of usb otg port is off (i no need physical unplug the disk, led no lights on it, it no spin etc). At last go tv box on stand by. Never shut off.
                      When what use disk again just power minix neo x7 from stand by and go to settings - USB again and dissable "connect to PC" disk now auto mount on otg helper apk on /storage/usbotgdisk directory. Disk start spinning, working etc becouse have power after disabled connect to pc. It os simple and only way to safety power on and power off usb drive on tv box.

Comment

Hello! Can I use microsoft xbox360 wireless receiver for windows of minix neo x7 and how it works.

Comment

This is my first post. I had to say thanks to you guys at the Nitro Team for all your efforts and hard work in putting these roms and mods out for us and of course the general assistance in this forum in helping us to enjoy our X7 boxes.

Just recently purchased my Neo X7 and installed your rom which works great with no problems. I have been tempted with the recent release of the Quickshot v3.1, but the v2 works great for me now.

Muchas gracias para ustedes

Comment

does anyone has a copy of this ROM? the download links are not working anymore.

and please do tell which kernel you are using to get a stable XBMC running.

thx in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by rainfall View Post

thx in advance...
                              Working on it, please wait
                              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by rainfall View Post

thx in advance...
                                Try this link

Thanks to abdul_pt for pointing me this

Comment

Working...
                                X