Best remote for X7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post

This is a very old post, but I found it today and I'd like to ask something.

How many keys can be programmed (learning function) ?

Are all of them (the 5 orange ones) programmable, or just the 4 of them, and key SET is used only to setup the other ones?

So is the SET key also programmable / learnable, or not ?

Because want I' d like to do is to program 5 keys like this:

1) On/Off of my android TV Box

2) On/Off of my LG TV

3) Source of my LG TV

4) Volume up of my LG TV

5) Volume down of my LG TV

Is it possible?

Thank you in advance !

I described which keys are learnable already which you quoted.... the SET key is not one of them since it must remain as a set key in order to program ( learn ) the others.

I also can't say if it will work with your LG or not ( chances are that it will ) because of the differences in different IR controllers, most will send a code to the device, others that are weird send a series of pulses which don't always get "learned" properly.

PS... it'll likely be some time before I return to this forum area... I've switched from the Minix X7 Android box over to a Windows one ( a Zotac ZBOX for now ). So I don't drop by as much as I once did.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post

I described which keys are learnable already which you quoted.... the SET key is not one of them since it must remain as a set key in order to program ( learn ) the others.

I also can't say if it will work with your LG or not ( chances are that it will ) because of the differences in different IR controllers, most will send a code to the device, others that are weird send a series of pulses which don't always get "learned" properly.

PS... it'll likely be some time before I return to this forum area... I've switched from the Minix X7 Android box over to a Windows one ( a Zotac ZBOX for now ). So I don't drop by as much as I once did.
      I have no reason not to believe you, but it seems that even the official RikoMagic support employees are confused about this.

So while I don't have the remote / air mouse in my hands yet (I have actually ordered the Rii 25A it and I'm expecting it, because the RKM MK 705 is out of stock right now), I contacted RikoMagic and asked them.
      Their first reply was the following:

"Only 4keys can learn. Set button can not learn.
      And the 4 keys can learn any Keys on the IR remote of the TV.
      You can use Power button to learn Volume up or down key on the IR".

A few minutes later they send me a new email writing this:

"HI Dear Sir,

Pls ignore my previous email. The 5 keys can learn IR remote of TV."

Additionally I asked them about the D-PAD and the Ok button, because I read what you wrote - and because.... why would they add the orange peripheral color if it was not learnable ? :

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
      It also has a learning function for the D pad and keys above it... all the keys below the d-pad are on the 2.4Ghz RF.
      And their reply was this:

HI Dear,

The Circular Direction and OK button can not learn

I guess I just have to wait and see for myself. Although your explanation makes more sense to me.

Thank you for the feedback.
      Last edited by LostEchoes; 02-16-2017, 06:41.

Comment

Both are almost ( if not exactly ) identical... but a lot could have changed in the 3-4 years since I purchased mine also ( being a Chinese company, it's unlikely that much has been changed or fixed from what I've seen in the past, they don't put much into their R & D depts ). In fact, I've been looking for a new replacement since mine is getting a little worn and the battery isn't staying charged as long now but I see very little that interests me any more than the ones I've mentioned in this thread... There seems to be very little innovation in this area even with the newer brands/models I've have stumbled across.

Comment

Working...
        X