X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    So have Geekbuying really got these in stock? My orders been processing for a while now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Probably yes, but as I said we are in a holiday in China. Some companies worked today, anothers ones tomorrow... (It seems I work every day from monday to monday )

HAPPY ALL SAINTS DAY! (China version)

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by soshowme View Post
    Both the Beelink and Tronsmart use the same hardware and firmware. If Geekbuying says that Beelink have a passthrough problem then Tronsmart must have it too. I saw a video on youtube were everything shows up like there are DD & DTS passthroough but when measured from outside the box it is not true.

I find the offerings from anyone selling these boxes very unethical as to they don't let prospects know which chip their boxes are based on. This is like the RK3188 & RK3188T situation.

Buyers should make sure they know specifically which S802 chip they are getting because even with software tricks and tunes, the consensus says that only DD or H chips can do real Dolby Digital and DTS passthrough over HDMI.
    I'm testing exactly what all of you ask and back with results. If it works well, I'll say "ok", if does not pass the test I'll say "fail". Tronsmart said they found that problem with the SPDIF, we did not find here on the Beelink. We will do more tests and if can find the configuration and same problem I'll say.

The problem of RK3188 and RK3188T and other similars come from manufacturers, they change the specifications without say anything and the shops can not desassembly every box, even the silks every time, check the components and assembly again.

Sometimes the manufacturer change some components, later back to the originals... a known case is the MK808, There are lots of versions ORIGINALS with different components and even different boards. I have had at least 5 versions of MK808 from same manufacturer (really, I know the original design house, assembly line company and everything, all of them are originals, maybe I just saw 1 copy until now).

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    So have Geekbuying really got these in stock? My orders been processing for a while now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• inflock
    replied
    Ynt: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

This SOC has decent power especially on GPU side i checked reviews of m802 onda v975 it performs very well on 2k screen i impressed with 3D performance on 2k. I think this octa core gpu performs better or on par with Adreno 330 of Snapdragon 801AB and 801AC SOCs. Is there any technical difference between M802 and S802 SOCs.

GT-N7000...

Leave a comment:

• soshowme
    replied
    Both the Beelink and Tronsmart use the same hardware and firmware. If Geekbuying says that Beelink have a passthrough problem then Tronsmart must have it too. I saw a video on youtube were everything shows up like there are DD & DTS passthroough but when measured from outside the box it is not true.

I find the offerings from anyone selling these boxes very unethical as to they don't let prospects know which chip their boxes are based on. This is like the RK3188 & RK3188T situation.

Buyers should make sure they know specifically which S802 chip they are getting because even with software tricks and tunes, the consensus says that only DD or H chips can do real Dolby Digital and DTS passthrough over HDMI.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by sush40 View Post
    By the way, which version of the Beelink did you test? 8GB or 16GB?
    16GB

Leave a comment:

• sush40
    replied
    By the way, which version of the Beelink did you test? 8GB or 16GB?

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Awesome thank you. Just noticed the 16GB Tronsmart on geekbuying has now a remote as well.
    Very tempted to buy one, but might wait for the next batch. I've seen the tests, apart from the noise on the optical Output, what's wrong with the first batch, if there's no overheat problem?
    I did not have any overheat problem. Beelink is the own brand of the board designer, I don't know how much attention they will put on their brand, but all the firmware updates (of all the brands) will depends 100% on them. (ok, 99%, maybe Measy surprise us and take care for first time of a firmware )

Leave a comment:

• sush40
    replied
    Awesome thank you. Just noticed the 16GB Tronsmart on geekbuying has now a remote as well.
    Very tempted to buy one, but might wait for the next batch. I've seen the tests, apart from the noise on the optical Output, what's wrong with the first batch, if there's no overheat problem?

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Thanks! Which one is best to buy though? (In terms of firmware updates, etc...)
    Does the Beelink box come with a remote control?

I can report problems to the factory directly, but it will depends on them.

Leave a comment:

• sush40
    replied
    Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    You don't need to compare the Tronsmart with the Beelink, both are EXACTLY SAME BOARD (and also the new Measy). Just different name on the case.
    Thanks! Which one is best to buy though? (In terms of firmware updates, etc...)
    Does the Beelink box come with a remote control?

Leave a comment:

• Yusi
    replied
    XBMC 14.0 ?? Is this a joke?

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    As said some posts ago... more tests tomorrow

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Beelink M8 Review

Media Player:

Video 1080p – Dolby Digital 5.1 HDMI passthrough -> OK
    Video 1080p – Dolby Digital 5.1 SPDIF passthrough -> OK (without noise)

Video 1080p - DTS 5.1 HDMI passthrough -> OK
    Video 1080p - DTS 5.1 HDMI passthrough -> OK (without noise)

Dolby True-HD 5.1 will be tested next week

this device also have noise when you choose spdif passthrough, just tested, you should choose" enable passthrough" in XBMC, and then you will find the problem.

HDMI passthrough has no such problem.

Leave a comment:

• Regulus99
    replied
    Sometimes I think Benchmarks was made for Marketing

User experience is the best test...
    Quite true. Much like the megapixel wars with cameras. With Antutu, manufacturers (sometimes overtly!) try cheating it like this link about the Asian model variant of the HTC One (M8):
    HTC turns benchmark "cheating" into an actual performance boosting feature on the One M8. While only available on Chinese versions of the device, it's coming soon to the US in a future software update.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X