X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gene0915
    replied
    Originally posted by skelton View Post
    Are Tronsmart Vega source code available? Because the generic kernel sources that amlogic release at openlinux webpage usually are not enough to compile a working kernel for an amlogic product, not without the specific customer folder in it......

Would be nice if a working kernel can be made. If not possible with the generic source, then is as close source as rockchip.
    This true? I always thought that was the big advantage AMLogic had over RK processors....that AMLogic embraced open source. Is the party over?

Also, all the DD/DTS pass through problems put to rest?

Looks like early reports of problems with the Ethernet port and overheating were not accurate with the S802 based boxes?

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
    What app, I'll try the same one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    ROM Toolbox Pro is one of them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• otisrhw
    replied

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    Is anyone else having problems installing apps from the Play store? On certain apps I'm getting "error couldnt install on USB or SD card". I've reflashed the FW and checked I've enough storage but I'm still getting these errors?

What app, I'll try the same one?

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    Is anyone else having problems installing apps from the Play store? On certain apps I'm getting "error couldnt install on USB or SD card". I've reflashed the FW and checked I've enough storage but I'm still getting these errors?

Leave a comment:

• otisrhw
    replied

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    Does it get hot? That is one of my concerns, also is it stable? Any reboots or freezing?
    I've only had it for three hours now and no, not hot, no freezing at all.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Yeah I will, once I dig in alittle more

Does it get hot? That is one of my concerns, also is it stable? Any reboots or freezing?

Leave a comment:

• otisrhw
    replied
    Yeah I will, once I dig in alittle more

Leave a comment:

• otisrhw
    replied
    The 5 gHz band is blazing fast I get 60 down at my house and I get 60 down on my vega. I'm loving this thing so far.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Got my tronsmart vega s89 from geekbuying. Wow 1080, XBMC, mashup repo and it plays so fluid it's amazing not even the slightest frame shudder!

Can you do a YouTube video review.

Leave a comment:

• otisrhw
    replied
    Got my tronsmart vega s89 from geekbuying. Wow 1080, XBMC, mashup repo and it plays so fluid it's amazing not even the slightest frame shudder!

Leave a comment:

• luki1260
    replied
    New info about RK3288:
    http://androidpc.es/blog/2014/04/10/...de-cloudnetgo/ and http://www.cloudnetgo.com/_d276556176.htm

As mentioned in article - end of April is a launch day of Cloudnetgo CR12s device.

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    Looking at. the kernel settings more, it uses zram and a hotplug governor?? Strange for a TV box.

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    Just checking the kernel settings here, the CPU seems to be locked to 1.6ghz max. Tried changing it with trickster but doesn't stick. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• skelton
    replied
    Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    Rk3288 won't come to market so fast, trust me! and because rockchip refuse to open source,so people still love to get amlogic chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are Tronsmart Vega source code available? Because the generic kernel sources that amlogic release at openlinux webpage usually are not enough to compile a working kernel for an amlogic product, not without the specific customer folder in it......

Would be nice if a working kernel can be made. If not possible with the generic source, then is as close source as rockchip.

Leave a comment:

• gopichandpai
    replied
    Those who received this product in US and UK please comment about Netflix HD and 5.1 sound.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X