Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stuckmojo667 View Post
    Hello,

can someone give an 'semi-linux-noob' a hint what i'm doing wrong.

I tried this: (From first Post)

1. Flashed this:

Rikomagic MK802IV (latest model) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...jVLSHlhQXVnX0k

2. Then i copied this Linux Image with Win32 Disk Imager Tool on SD Card:

Ubuntu (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O...TFZbHg3ZWE3LXc)

Now, i don't have Ubuntu in Boot Menu.
    The only System available in Boot Menu is Android, which boots and works just fine.

What am i doing wrong?
    Is the 'misc' part of Rikomagic MK802IV not necessary, because there is no such file in the firmware packet.

Would be really nice if someone could give me a step by step guide for my CX-919 Stick.
    Or is this not possible with CX919?

And what can i do exactly with this modules:

To add the Linux modules to the Linux RFS simply:

1. Download the relevant modules and unzip the file:
    Rikomagic MK802IV (latest model) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...jFXMmJId2l5TkE
    2. As root enter 'cd /lib/modules' and then 'cpio -ivdum < <unzipped_modules_file>'
    3. Reboot

Sorry, but i'm really a new linux user.....
    I'll add a +1 for the CX919. Has anyone managed to get linuxium's loader on this device?

Linuxium: Huge thanks and good work on this. Have you considered making it an open-source project on github or something? That way people could perhaps improve on it and make it work on other devices.

Comment

Re: Linuxium's Bootloader software to dualboot Android and Linux

Dear linuxium
      I m little bit confused in applying your tutorial relating to write linux rfs to sd card. When i checked the storage info after flashing your update.img there is only 4gb used out of 8gb(2gb root file system of android and 2gb showing as internal sdcard.). Where is remaining 4 gb of space. Please clearify as there is not a sufficient storage to hold linux-rfs.img(2.5gb approx.)

And i m unable to write rfs to usbstick by windiskimager because after creating ext4 partition using mini partition tool win7 is not recognizing usbstick and asking to format it. And windiskimager also not showing any attached usb storage.
      Please help me.
      Or best solution is that can you provide update.img having ubuntu-rfs.img(just like your previous update.img having android system.img inside it. So peoples like me can install and enjoy your hard work.
      Thanks
      Ani1nonly

Sent from my MIUI By Java using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Linuxium thanks for your fantastic work.
        I want say if is possibile flash linux image directly to the nand without use dualboot such as Picuntu distro.
        I want to use my Minix X7 as a mini pc linux, and I don't want to have Android installed.

With this image "Ubuntu with Mali (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...1hQQ2VybldVYU0)" hardware acceleration is enabled?

Thanks again.
        Last edited by datrix; 03-29-2014, 09:52.

Comment

Custom kernel

I have some trouble to use my own kernel (for Linux, not Android) :/

I use the Linuxium's kernel, with the Linuxium's .config (I have change 2,3 configurations).
          I generate the kernel.img like that :
          Code:
          $ make -j8 zImage
          $ ../rkutils/rkcrc -k arch/arm/boot/zImage kernel.img
          => Kernel size : 2.52Mo

Now I flash my kernel with RKAndroidTool :
          Address (0x00004000 | kernel | kernel.img)

After that, my mk809 reboot in loop, and I don't see the Linuxium's bootloader.

Someone known where is the problem?
          To be sure, the linux kernel partition is "kernel", not "recovery"?

Comment

Originally posted by GoblE View Post
            I have some trouble to use my own kernel (for Linux, not Android) :/

I use the Linuxium's kernel, with the Linuxium's .config (I have change 2,3 configurations).
            I generate the kernel.img like that :
            Code:
            $ make -j8 zImage
            $ ../rkutils/rkcrc -k arch/arm/boot/zImage kernel.img
            => Kernel size : 2.52Mo

Now I flash my kernel with RKAndroidTool :
            Address (0x00004000 | kernel | kernel.img)

After that, my mk809 reboot in loop, and I don't see the Linuxium's bootloader.

Someone known where is the problem?
            To be sure, the linux kernel partition is "kernel", not "recovery"?
            It sounds like your kernel might be compiled to look for Linux/Android in a different location than you have prepared. For example kernel looks to NAND but files are on SD card. Check the CONFIG_CMDLINE= line in your config to make sure it's what it should be/matches Linuxium's config.

Comment

Originally posted by enrique66_35 View Post
              It sounds like your kernel might be compiled to look for Linux/Android in a different location than you have prepared. For example kernel looks to NAND but files are on SD card. Check the CONFIG_CMDLINE= line in your config to make sure it's what it should be/matches Linuxium's config.
              Thanks for your reply.

But it's strange, If the problem is directly linked to the kernel, why I don't see the Linuxium's bootloader menu (with startup loop) when I flash my custom kernel (into the "kernel" partition) ? :/

I have checked my CMDLINE variable into the parameters file, I don't see mistake :
              Code:
              FIRMWARE_VER:4.1.1MACHINE_MODEL:rk31sdk
              MACHINE_ID:007
              MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
              MAGIC: 0x5041524B
              ATAG: 0x60000800
              MACHINE: 3066
              CHECK_MASK: 0x80
              KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000
              #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
              CMDLINE:androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00002000@0x00002000(misc),0x00008000@0x00004000(kernel),0x00008000@0x0000C000(boot),0x000C000@0x00014000(recovery),0x00100000@0x00020000(backup),0x00040000@0x00120000(cache),0x00400000@0x00160000(userdata),0x00002000@0x00560000(kpanic),0x00100000@0x00562000(system),0x00400000@0x00662000(user),-@0x00A62000(linux)
              Your answer made me think, I can easily boot the kernel from the SD if I create an other partition ?

Comment

No, the boadloader (rockchip) is only able to boot from nand, so the kernel as img and the fitting/matching boot as img must be flashed to nand...
                Do you flash the correct boot.img (initramfs) too?
                If not, I think it could not work...
                I don't know the linuxium menu (inside the boot.img(initramfs)????) but normally at your parameter there must be 'root=LABEL=linuxroot' to find the RFS...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by datrix View Post
                  Linuxium thanks for your fantastic work.
                  I want say if is possibile flash linux image directly to the nand without use dualboot such as Picuntu distro.
                  I want to use my Minix X7 as a mini pc linux, and I don't want to have Android installed.

With this image "Ubuntu with Mali (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...1hQQ2VybldVYU0)" hardware acceleration is enabled?

Thanks again.
                  Grab the parameter from this firmware 'https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99O3A0dDe67bFZucW9NT0hocVE' and flash it together with just my Minix NEO X7 updated boot.img and kernel.img from the other posts. Then download and unzip the RFS you mention and write it to SD card or USB and then boot and follow the on-screen prompts to install to NAND.

Comment

Originally posted by GoblE View Post
                    Thanks for your reply.

But it's strange, If the problem is directly linked to the kernel, why I don't see the Linuxium's bootloader menu (with startup loop) when I flash my custom kernel (into the "kernel" partition) ? :/

I have checked my CMDLINE variable into the parameters file, I don't see mistake :
                    Code:
                    FIRMWARE_VER:4.1.1MACHINE_MODEL:rk31sdk
                    MACHINE_ID:007
                    MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
                    MAGIC: 0x5041524B
                    ATAG: 0x60000800
                    MACHINE: 3066
                    CHECK_MASK: 0x80
                    KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000
                    #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
                    CMDLINE:androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00002000@0x00002000(misc),0x00008000@0x00004000(kernel),0x00008000@0x0000C000(boot),0x000C000@0x00014000(recovery),0x00100000@0x00020000(backup),0x00040000@0x00120000(cache),0x00400000@0x00160000(userdata),0x00002000@0x00560000(kpanic),0x00100000@0x00562000(system),0x00400000@0x00662000(user),-@0x00A62000(linux)
                    Your answer made me think, I can easily boot the kernel from the SD if I create an other partition ?
                    You won't see the bootloader menu if the kernel doesn't work (i.e. boot). Typically you need to look at the output from a serial connection and watch your kernel boot to see what the problem is. I also don't create my kernels by just signing the zImage but use mkbootimg (as in mkbootimg --kernel arch/arm/boot/Image --ramdisk fakeramdisk.gz --base 60400000 --pagesize 16384 --ramdiskaddr 62000000 -o kernel.img).

Comment

I have a problem with partitioned sd card on x7. In order for android to mount the sd card the fat32 partition must be first but if you put the ext4 partition second (as primary, label=linuxroot, flag=root) the bootloader wont find it. Is there a solution to this problem?

Comment

Maybe you have the same problem like me (MBR/MPT)...
                        #277 till #282
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

dual boot linux android

[QUOTE = linuxium; 157785] Si fa ora! Mi dispiace. [/ QUOTE]

Please linuxium, I have a problem with ubuntu account minix x7.
                          when I enter the terminal to write about sending change password
                          then password: "p" sending me and says Authentication failure please help me

thanks

Comment

RKM MK802 IV WiFi issue

Hello Ian, hello friends of Freaktab,

I've bought an Rikomagik MK802 IV (latest model - S/N 2014....) and I've installed dualboot succesfully: Both Android or Linux starts okey, and both Android and Linux detects and shows my wireless lan. The problem is in Linux when I'm trying to connect to the lan (typing root pwd and WiFi pwd), the network interface cannot conect properly, sending me a message window "the network is off". I've tested with the 3 linuxium distros (lubuntu, xubuntu and ubuntu 12.04) and all with the same results. In Android WiFi works perfect. Any missing module perhaps? Is sure my wifi chipset an AP1620?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I've tried today with linuxium-mali-ubuntu12.04.img and finally wifi works! The question now is that I cannot set spanish language (install languaje packs option disabled), and I just hate Unity. I will try update Ubuntu to 14.04 with sudo do-release-upgrade -d this afternoon for this issues.
                            Last edited by gvigueras; 05-14-2014, 09:59.

Comment

I'd like to setup a server instead of a desktop.

Is there a server version of Ubuntu linux root file system available anywhere?

Comment

Need Some Help

Hello,

This site looked promising so I joined and I hope I can get some direction/help on my endeavors. I have a Samsung Tablet (T217S) 7" recently and I am trying to figure out how I can remove the android and just run linux, any version of linux.

What I am trying to do is have the fastest booting OS, that goes into a graphical environment. Not really looking to get to command shell but that can be a first start.

I am working on a personal automotive project to replace gauges in my car with tablets and to use tablets in other applications to control other things in my car, like windows, etc. I can avoid having any exposed buttons or knobs. I will buy SBCs to handle the D2A, A2D signals but I want these tablets to have wireless capabilities to be able to talk to the SBC. Will be a closed network. Not thinking of blue tooth as I need the fast network possible.

So back to my tablet... I have rooted it and was playing around with removing apks from my ROM to see if I can get it as fast as possible, and hopefully not brick the device. Which I have done about 10 times so far! :-) The fastest I got it to boot up in Android is about 21 seconds. Not good. I want this unit to be up and running in less than 2 seconds. As a goal, faster is better.

So I would like to be able to fake out the bootloader on my device to start up a linux OS instead of Android or replace the boot loader altogether (and safely) so that I don't have to JTAG it.

Any suggestions and help appreciated.

Thanks
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X