This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NX008HD8G Bricked

This thing froze up after a file transfer so I shut it off, when I tried to turn it back on it didn't do anything. When I plugged in the charger the light came on but the screen stayed black. When I plugged it in to my computer it just showed up an unknown M6-chip.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by silver9990; 03-09-2014, 00:42.
    Nextbook NX008HD8G - Rooted

Unistall the drivers and download the right drivers. You want the one tthat works with the amlogic m3 chip and your device wll be called worldcup. Power off the device, plug into your pc, then hokd power + volume up until the device registers in the system. Procceding fromthere should be simple enough.

Comment

nextbook 8

[QUOTI=Micheal;153987]Unistall the drivers and download the right drivers. You want the one tthat works with the amlogic m3 chip and your device wll be called worldcup. Power off the device, plug into your pc, then hokd power + volume up until the device registers in the system. Procceding fromthere should be simple enough.[/QUOTE]

Hey..i was just reading the posts. Can you refer me to any links where I can get the ROMs and drivers to root my tablet? I have a next book 8 priemum se tablet with a AMlogic and its 4.1.1 .....any help would be great...I know I need to transfer them to an SD card and boot from that..just can't find a root for the newer tablet

Comment

Originally posted by Micheal View Post
        Unistall the drivers and download the right drivers. You want the one tthat works with the amlogic m3 chip and your device wll be called worldcup. Power off the device, plug into your pc, then hokd power + volume up until the device registers in the system. Procceding fromthere should be simple enough.
        I already have the right drivers installed, I have an identical tablet which works just fine when plugged in. I tried the volume+power combo but it didn't help any.

Comment

I tried the unbrick kit, that gave me mounting errors so I tried the Modified Recovery/Stock Rom, that said it was successful but I still can't get the screen to come on after I reboot it.

Just tried using the recovery from the unbrick kit with the stock rom update & it worked until I reset the device again but this time it said something like unable to attach mtd5 or something like that.

Trying to format some of the directories works but I get 2 errors:

E:cannot attach mtd7 Error formatting /data!
          Error mounting /emmc!

I'm starting to think the storage is just corrupt.
          Last edited by silver9990; 03-09-2014, 02:09.

Comment

Originally posted by silver9990 View Post
            I tried the unbrick kit, that gave me mounting errors so I tried the Modified Recovery/Stock Rom, that said it was successful but I still can't get the screen to come on after I reboot it.

Just tried using the recovery from the unbrick kit with the stock rom update & it worked until I reset the device again but this time it said something like unable to attach mtd5 or something like that.

Trying to format some of the directories works but I get 2 errors:

E:cannot attach mtd7 Error formatting /data!
            Error mounting /emmc!

I'm starting to think the storage is just corrupt.
            Try formatting everything before reinstalling, and wiping data, cache and media after.

Don't worry about emmc, it isn't used by the stock rom.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
              Try formatting everything before reinstalling, and wiping data, cache and media after.

Don't worry about emmc, it isn't used by the stock rom.

ShaunMT
              I've tried to format everything but those 2 I mentioned above keep giving me those errors. system formats sometimes & sometimes it doesn't. Either way, every time I run the recovery image I hit reboot & I get the same mtd5 error.

Comment

I've tried to format everything but those 2 I mentioned above keep giving me those errors. system formats sometimes & sometimes it doesn't. Either way, every time I run the recovery image I hit reboot & I get the same mtd5 error.
                That would lead me to consider faulty nand storage also then... mtd5 is the system partition...

Do you know if your tablet is a NXM8000ND_WM or NXM8000NBD_WMN model?

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

That would lead me to consider faulty nand storage also then... mtd5 is the system partition...

Do you know if your tablet is a NXM8000ND_WM or NXM8000NBD_WMN model?

ShaunMT
                  Not 100% but I'm pretty sure it's NXM8000ND_WM

Comment

Not 100% but I'm pretty sure it's NXM8000ND_WM
                    Probably so... I doubt that you would have gotten this far otherwise...

Just wanted to make sure you didn't try to use the WMN unbrick kit with the WM modifed recovery...

The bootloader, boot image and recovery have to match. The boot image and recovery both include a kernel and the partition map is hard coded in the kernel. I'm not sure if the two models use the exact same partition map or not.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Probably so... I doubt that you would have gotten this far otherwise...

Just wanted to make sure you didn't try to use the WMN unbrick kit with the WM modifed recovery...

The bootloader, boot image and recovery have to match. The boot image and recovery both include a kernel and the partition map is hard coded in the kernel. I'm not sure if the two models use the exact same partition map or not.

ShaunMT
                      I think that one is just done for. Thanks for your help.

Comment

@Bigeggy: everything you need is right here on this forum as long as you have a WM board. Also try cydia impactor. Google Amlogic M3 worldcup and it'll take you to the forum where the driver can be located.

@silver9990: if you can still see the device on adb you can use the terminal emu to manualky reformat the partitions and reset them to their proper size. Just have to google the linux commands abd have an index of the partitions and their proper sizes, had to do that on a kindle fire once when a flash went horribly wrong. You could also try to install the cm10 reboot and install the stock rom there is a small chance that might reset your partitions. If none of that works there is a chance that you nand is physically damaged and you'll need to return the tablet for a replacement if it is dstill under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Micheal View Post
                          @silver9990: if you can still see the device on adb you can use the terminal emu to manualky reformat the partitions and reset them to their proper size. Just have to google the linux commands abd have an index of the partitions and their proper sizes, had to do that on a kindle fire once when a flash went horribly wrong. You could also try to install the cm10 reboot and install the stock rom there is a small chance that might reset your partitions. If none of that works there is a chance that you nand is physically damaged and you'll need to return the tablet for a replacement if it is dstill under warranty.
                          Like I said, when plugged in it just shows up as an unknown M6-chip so adb can't access it.

Comment

q

Like I said, when plugged in it just shows up as an unknown M6-chip so adb can't access it.
                            what year and modle is your tab

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
                              what year and modle is your tab
                              Nextbook NX008HD8G YFG1213 is about all I know since it doesn't boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X