Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imfried View Post
    Hi Tony,

Did you manage to replace the battery in your nextbook? If so, did it make a difference and could you send me the link where you found it?

Thanks,

Jeff
    I'd be interested in that link as well.

-- dwilkins

Comment

Originally posted by dwilkins View Post
      I'd be interested in that link as well.

-- dwilkins
      Hello!

On the 7s, the case is snap-fit, so there could be issues with getting it apart and back together successfully.

I decided not to bother, and returned mine for a 702c - sans OEM-included pictures, of course...

73 DE N4RPS
      Rob

Comment

NextBook Premium 7S Battery Life

Just picked up NextBook Premium 7S and like many have said the battery life if pretty bad.

I am interested in a battery swap, or could you add an external battery to increase life?

What are the tricks on opening it up to take a look around?

Thanks

HH

Comment

Mine opened easily

Originally posted by Mr.Chips View Post
          Just picked up NextBook Premium 7S and like many have said the battery life if pretty bad.

I am interested in a battery swap, or could you add an external battery to increase life?

What are the tricks on opening it up to take a look around?

Thanks

HH
          I opened mine, trying to be very careful and not use anything that might damage the seam and make it look like a gorilla had tried to open it.

I was successful with a thin piece of plastic. The perfect tool is one of those plastic pry-bars that's used to lift the glass off of a smartphone.

As mentioned in an earlier post, start prying on the corner / side opposite the power button. I was able to "get my foot in the door" easiest around the power/USB area.

I did accidentally damage a couple of the "hooks" that hold it together. they didn't break and I just re-positioned them and added a little super-glue to shore them up. Once the super-glue dried I snapped it back together easily. I took a couple of pictures of the inside and I'll try to post them later.

The battery was secured with copious amounts of very strong adhesive. I think that I could coax it loose, but I didn't try since this was "bought for my wife" (I've ordered her a Nexus 7, so the 7s is going to donate it's body to science in a couple of weeks).

Comment

I opened mine, trying to be very careful and not use anything that might damage the seam and make it look like a gorilla had tried to open it.

I was successful with a thin piece of plastic. The perfect tool is one of those plastic pry-bars that's used to lift the glass off of a smartphone.

As mentioned in an earlier post, start prying on the corner / side opposite the power button. I was able to "get my foot in the door" easiest around the power/USB area.

I did accidentally damage a couple of the "hooks" that hold it together. they didn't break and I just re-positioned them and added a little super-glue to shore them up. Once the super-glue dried I snapped it back together easily. I took a couple of pictures of the inside and I'll try to post them later.

The battery was secured with copious amounts of very strong adhesive. I think that I could coax it loose, but I didn't try since this was "bought for my wife" (I've ordered her a Nexus 7, so the 7s is going to donate it's body to science in a couple of weeks).
            Thanks I'm interested in a battery up date I'll watch for your Mod.

HH

Comment

Any screen shots would be great! And perhaps since you got it open you might of looked for a replacement battery with a higher capacity on the internet? And just MAYBE you found one and could share that link with us. Haha.

Comment

Working...
              X