Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freezing on all XBMC versions on mk908ii sending me mental!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing on all XBMC versions on mk908ii sending me mental!

Hi all, this is my first post. After finding out that my MK908ii is useless streaming video from links in XBMC (micro skipping frames in all definitions) so I tried the 1.5a Finless rom. XBMC Frodo was still useless so I tried Beyond XBMC, this was very smooth until 10-20 mins into a film, the video freezes with green blocks at the top of the picture, but the audio carries on.

So I uninstalled it and tried it with Gotham. I couldn't be bothered to sit there while testing it with a video, so I ironically put Frozen on for the kids. I was dreading the "Dad, the film has gone off!" shout, and 10 minutes into the film, I got it. Same thing happened, picture freezes with the green blocks and the audio continues.

I've spent near enough 4 days looking on forums and watching countless 'how to' vids on Youtube of how to get this damn thing working properly, when in reality it should work out of the box for the purpose it was designed for. I also bought a cs918 and that is doing the same thing (still on stock firmware).

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem? I have spent hours on the internet trying to find a fix but they are to do with other boxes or PC's.

I use plex and haver no problems with streaming on stock rom. Also with mx player for play movies from sd

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kelmys View Post
      I use plex and haver no problems with streaming on stock rom. Also with mx player for play movies from sd

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk
      Thanks for the reply. I don't stream content from one device to another so I gather Plex is no use to me. I'm only using my android boxes exclusively to watch films and shows online through XBMC, this is where I'm having the problem.

Comment

Try to find good stock firmware for your device.
        On this forum you will find many bugs with You tube and broken video in some apps ( black screen) i did not have once with stock FW, i thinks this problem is releated to GPU overclock .
        Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Adainair View Post
          Try to find good stock firmware for your device.
          On this forum you will find many bugs with You tube and broken video in some apps ( black screen) i did not have once with stock FW, i thinks this problem is releated to GPU overclock .
          Good luck
          I wasn't aware that the Finless 1.5a rom was an overclock? However, he posted up the 1.6 ROM specifically for mk908ii yesterday. I have just flashed it with the 1080p kernel and I have finally watched my first film all the way through with no problems!

Comment

spoke too soon

Originally posted by Pupenhausen View Post
            I wasn't aware that the Finless 1.5a rom was an overclock? However, he posted up the 1.6 ROM specifically for mk908ii yesterday. I have just flashed it with the 1080p kernel and I have finally watched my first film all the way through with no problems!
            Spoke too soon, it's happening again.

Comment

Check WiFi

I was finding the same problem last night with my Tronsmart mk908ii running Finless 1.5a. Every XBMC I tried would freak out completely and either crash to the loader or restart the stick.

I then took my USB to Ethernet dongle and hooked it up and then turned the Wifi off completely. Success. Occasionally I'd lose picture for a couple of seconds but it would come back and I didn't have any more crashes. Running Gotham beta 2 and now beta 3 as of last night. I was going to try the 1.6 rom tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by HerrTrigger View Post
                I was finding the same problem last night with my Tronsmart mk908ii running Finless 1.5a. Every XBMC I tried would freak out completely and either crash to the loader or restart the stick.

I then took my USB to Ethernet dongle and hooked it up and then turned the Wifi off completely. Success. Occasionally I'd lose picture for a couple of seconds but it would come back and I didn't have any more crashes. Running Gotham beta 2 and now beta 3 as of last night. I was going to try the 1.6 rom tonight.
                Did you get the little green boxes at the top of the screen, and the same 3 frames playing in a loop while the audio continues as normal? This one is plaguing me, and there are no straight answers to be found on Freaktab without the conversation veering off onto a different tangent altogether, while the original question remains unanswered! I'm now going to try lewys ROM and god knows what version of XBMC. How can I get the beta 3 Gotham, can you send me a link?

Comment

Did you get the little green boxes at the top of the screen, and the same 3 frames playing in a loop while the audio continues as normal? This one is plaguing me, and there are no straight answers to be found on Freaktab without the conversation veering off onto a different tangent altogether, while the original question remains unanswered! I'm now going to try lewys ROM and god knows what version of XBMC. How can I get the beta 3 Gotham, can you send me a link?

I did not get that particular error, but to be honest my TV's HDMI connection is quite sensitive and it seems to dump me to the black screen when anything is even the slightest bit "off." For one of the finless KitKat Roms I had to boot the stick with the TV off to even get it to get past the splash screen.

I'm also running a 720P kernel (since it's only a 720P tv) so that might account for different behavior. If you have the opportunity though I would attempt to watch something with Wifi off completely and see if things are more stable for you. I think that radio is the weak link in the stick.

Beta3 is now on the download page of XBMC.org, just scroll down.

Comment

I get the exact same problem with a RK3188 TV Box running stock firmware and have tried every version of XBMC Fredo,Gotham, Just xbmc, they all have the same video stopping and the green boxes show up audio keeps going. this is on 720p and is always 10 minutes into the movie. It does not do it on all 720p movies but it will repete the problem at 10 minutes on the movies that it does it on. It will play the same movie with a version of XBMC that uses external player (MX) just fine with out any video problums. I would like to get the native player of XBMC able to play these 720p movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Riley View Post
                      I get the exact same problem with a RK3188 TV Box running stock firmware and have tried every version of XBMC Fredo,Gotham, Just xbmc, they all have the same video stopping and the green boxes show up audio keeps going. this is on 720p and is always 10 minutes into the movie. It does not do it on all 720p movies but it will repete the problem at 10 minutes on the movies that it does it on. It will play the same movie with a version of XBMC that uses external player (MX) just fine with out any video problums. I would like to get the native player of XBMC able to play these 720p movies.
                      I tried the lewy rom twice, didn't work at all. So i flashed with finless 1.6 with the 720p overclock all at max and with gotham beta 3. All is working fine up to now and lightning fast although on Antutu it still says the cores are still running at 1.4ghz and not the 1.8ghz that it's supposed to be clocked to.

Comment

I tried the lewy rom twice, didn't work at all. So i flashed with finless 1.6 with the 720p overclock all at max and with gotham beta 3. All is working fine up to now and lightning fast although on Antutu it still says the cores are still running at 1.4ghz and not the 1.8ghz that it's supposed to be clocked to.
                        This is good info. Last night instead of reflashing I got caught up watching something on the BBC iPlayer add-on in XBMC and it was dropping the screen to black and coming back every couple of minutes. Exited out to other apps to check baseball scores and weather and the screen still kept cutting out to black. I'll give the 1.6 720p overclock a try tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by HerrTrigger View Post
                          This is good info. Last night instead of reflashing I got caught up watching something on the BBC iPlayer add-on in XBMC and it was dropping the screen to black and coming back every couple of minutes. Exited out to other apps to check baseball scores and weather and the screen still kept cutting out to black. I'll give the 1.6 720p overclock a try tonight!
                          I also found out why the cpu overclock doesn't work. My chip no. has a T on the end and can only be overclocked with the finless 2.0 rom with the d33 kernel, but this one doesn't do the ram or the gpu oc. I still don't know if the gpu or ram has been oc'd with 1.6 but it feels faster. Not sure whether it's down to using gotham beta 3 though.

Comment

XBMC seems to be the common denominator among people having problems, so I have to ask why you all have such slavish devotion to it? To the point that some of you appear to be ready to bin the hardware. There are other ways to put a pretty front end on your video library.

Comment

Originally posted by tinyhands View Post
                              XBMC seems to be the common denominator among people having problems, so I have to ask why you all have such slavish devotion to it? To the point that some of you appear to be ready to bin the hardware. There are other ways to put a pretty front end on your video library.
                              I would be open to using another option, but I haven't seen any that offers the ability to have functions that will go out and get online media like xbmc does. It is a problem with the internal player in xbmc when other players play the same movies just fine on the same device. it even duplicates at the same time during playback.

Comment

Working...
                              X