Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freezing on all XBMC versions on mk908ii sending me mental!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pupenhausen View Post
    I tried the lewy rom twice, didn't work at all. So i flashed with finless 1.6 with the 720p overclock all at max and with gotham beta 3. All is working fine up to now and lightning fast although on Antutu it still says the cores are still running at 1.4ghz and not the 1.8ghz that it's supposed to be clocked to.
    Did it paly the same movie OK that it failed on before you installed finles 1.6? What version of xbmc did you use with finles?

Comment

I have tried XBMC, but since I tried Plex.... I think plex is better to get metadata from Internet.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tinyhands View Post
        XBMC seems to be the common denominator among people having problems, so I have to ask why you all have such slavish devotion to it? To the point that some of you appear to be ready to bin the hardware. There are other ways to put a pretty front end on your video library.
        If you could give me an alternative and easier way to plumb the depths of human depravity and watch illegally streamed content from my Android box, it would be most appreciated.

Comment

XBMC is only really a good media player on the ORIGINAL xbox, its not so good on anything else. Since trying out Archos media player I wouldn't ever waste my time with XBMC again. Also Archos can forward movies to mxplayer if you like. 6/10 movies go out of sync on xbmc 2/10 start out of sync. Not had 1 movie out of sync yet on archos.

Comment

I wasn't aware that the Finless 1.5a rom was an overclock? However, he posted up the 1.6 ROM specifically for mk908ii yesterday. I have just flashed it with the 1080p kernel and I have finally watched my first film all the way through with no problems!
            it doesn't ignore him hes a idiot
            how ever the mk908II is a pos
            try using the justXBMC build coupled with finless 1.6
            xbmc support is hit and miss on these devices
            current devices(rockchip sucks)
            Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
            Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
            rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Found the answer but not the cure.

Originally posted by Riley View Post
              I get the exact same problem with a RK3188 TV Box running stock firmware and have tried every version of XBMC Fredo,Gotham, Just xbmc, they all have the same video stopping and the green boxes show up audio keeps going. this is on 720p and is always 10 minutes into the movie. It does not do it on all 720p movies but it will repete the problem at 10 minutes on the movies that it does it on. It will play the same movie with a version of XBMC that uses external player (MX) just fine with out any video problums. I would like to get the native player of XBMC able to play these 720p movies.
              I found that this phenomena is due to the libstagefright hardware acceleration. Other people have had it on other forums. This happens exactly 10 mins (to the second) into watching certain films. One of them is Grudge Match in Ice films. The bit where Kevin Hart is in the kitchen will repeat the last 3 frames over again with the green blocks at the top of the picture while the audio continues. If you turn off the h/w accel. in the video menu, the video will play through, albeit very choppy. The video will also play straight through if you select an SD stream with h/w accel. on. So it is a problem with libstagefright with HD content on certain films. I have a Q7, mk908ii and a K-R42 and it happens on all of them with the same film. All have different firmware and it doesn't matter if Beyond 3.3, 3.4, SPMC or Gotham is on them it will happen as long as libstagefright is used for h/w accel. I can't find a fix anywhere unfortunately.

Comment

If you could give me an alternative and easier way to plumb the depths of human depravity and watch illegally streamed content from my Android box, it would be most appreciated.
                It depends, a little bit, on your definition of "streamed." My total environment includes a pc, NAS, popcorn hour, and mk908ii. The popcorn hour and mk908ii are plugged into TVs and playback content either from the web or the NAS. The PC and NAS can download either torrents or NZBs and store/transfer them to the NAS. The PC scans content on the NAS and creates HTML files that put a pretty face on the files, adding metadata from IMDb, thetvdb, etc. Given all of the above, I don't consider that "streaming" I'm just playing a file over my network. My definition of streaming would include something like Plex which might transcode on the fly, which I'm not interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by tinyhands View Post
                  It depends, a little bit, on your definition of "streamed." My total environment includes a pc, NAS, popcorn hour, and mk908ii. The popcorn hour and mk908ii are plugged into TVs and playback content either from the web or the NAS. The PC and NAS can download either torrents or NZBs and store/transfer them to the NAS. The PC scans content on the NAS and creates HTML files that put a pretty face on the files, adding metadata from IMDb, thetvdb, etc. Given all of the above, I don't consider that "streaming" I'm just playing a file over my network. My definition of streaming would include something like Plex which might transcoded on the fly, which iI'm not interested in.
                  Ok, if you didn't deduce it from my original post. I meant playing copyright protected content from online streaming sources within an android app.

Comment

Ok, if you didn't deduce it from my original post. I meant playing copyright protected content from online streaming sources within an android app.
                    Then be more specific. I was very specific: I play files from a remote filesystem. There is not necessarily any difference in where that remote filesystem resides, either under my own roof or elsewhere. If you're thinking of something specifically different, I cannot read your mind.

Comment

can we leave the term copyrighted-content out of the discussion please thats just trolling for a reaction
                      you are pretty much boned as far as media play back is concerned none of these cheap tv sticks do it properly without overclocking the biggest help you can get is to flash a kernel with the ram over clock to 667 or 720
                      currently I have the following setup on my V3
                      finless 1.8
                      mx player pro
                      ram overclocked to 720 everything else stock
                      1080 kernel
                      and with all tweaking I have done play back is still marginally acceptable these devices just don't have the power

xbmc will not and i repeat will not ever work properly on these tv sticks when you are using a Crom based on stock sources the stock sources are GARBAGE you either need to wait for lewy to port his minx rom or wait for me to finish working the kninks out of cyanogen mod 10.1 the later is growing increasingly unlikely as I have just about had it with tronsmark ripping roms from freaktab and then posting them without permission

Comment

I don't know what's the problem with mk908II mine works just fine with xbmc and the live tv feature for example or any other show or movie on istream running finless1.5 and frodo 12.3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 10til4 View Post
                          I don't know what's the problem with mk908II mine works just fine with xbmc and the live tv feature for example or any other show or movie on istream running finless1.5 and frodo 12.3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          you can watch hulu/youtube all day long try and watch a high bitrate h264 file gl

Comment

Originally posted by Legitsu View Post
                            you can watch hulu/youtube all day long try and watch a high bitrate h264 file gl
                            not talkin bout hulu or YouTube but about watching live tv stream like futubox or the hd content provided in xbmc

Comment

libstagefright buggy

Originally posted by Riley View Post
                              I get the exact same problem with a RK3188 TV Box running stock firmware and have tried every version of XBMC Fredo,Gotham, Just xbmc, they all have the same video stopping and the green boxes show up audio keeps going. this is on 720p and is always 10 minutes into the movie. It does not do it on all 720p movies but it will repete the problem at 10 minutes on the movies that it does it on. It will play the same movie with a version of XBMC that uses external player (MX) just fine with out any video problums. I would like to get the native player of XBMC able to play these 720p movies.
                              I found out what is causing it. Libstagefright hw acceleration on HD content only.. It only happens on certain films exactly 10 mins in, and will always happen on the same film regardless of the box type or the firmware as long as the chip is an RK3188. If you disable hw accel. it will play straight through albeit very choppy. It will also play in sd with or without hw accel. selected. I have seen other people post this fault on other forums with no answers. Hopefully the next reincarnation of libstagefright will address the issue.

Comment

Also try a 5v/3amp power supply. They really do make a big difference.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Working...
                                X