Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The m8 box seems to have the edge compared to the Tronsmart device!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Round Case S802 Better than The Square M8 Box?
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

because no one wants to be a square......
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

The m8 box seems to have the edge compared to the Tronsmart device!

Because people want branded electronics just like I buy an iphone not some fake iphone clone I want that brand for support

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Already posted this but i do stand by these words!

Again as i stated in another topic:

Just because it says ¨Tronsmart¨ on the box, does not mean it is any different from certain other boxes.

One and the same factory pushes out these things, and they get re branded by various dealers/distributors, so just try and compare the PCB to yours.

Thus the term ¨clone¨ is not appropriate in a lot of cases, because it is exactly the same PCBs, as the ones Tronsmart or Beelink are selling to the consumers.

It would be interesting to open a thread, discussing/comparing these re-branded/blank boxes, to fish out the cheapest prices for the same hardware.

That way us cheapskates get to enjoy ourselves as well!
          Cheers,

Watts!

Comment

Originally posted by Watts View Post
            Again as i stated in another topic:

Cheers,

Watts!
            They all came from the same lousy company in Shenzhen where Amlogic engineers are still working hard to fix the hardware bugs found on that PCB but that company insists to sell them to the public before fixing those known problems as they want to get onto the market 1st, good or not they don't care. The most obvious hardware bug is that the machine will be bricked randomly with a high %, I'm pretty sure some users already have bricked theirs. I swear to God that I'm telling the truth, so, GOOD LUCK.

Comment

ummm very few manufactures from china release completed units, i think you can count them on one hand, thats that market its not typical of a north american one where we expect it to work out of the box
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Re: The m8 box seems to have the edge compared to the Tronsmart device!

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
                They all came from the same lousy company in Shenzhen where Amlogic engineers are still working hard to fix the hardware bugs found on that PCB but that company insists to sell them to the public before fixing those known problems as they want to get onto the market 1st, good or not they don't care. The most obvious hardware bug is that the machine will be bricked randomly with a high %, I'm pretty sure some users already have bricked theirs. I swear to God that I'm telling the truth, so, GOOD LUCK.
                No doubt the boxes come from a lousy company but you should check the new MINIX X8 video. It shows an Antutu score of 24000. This is the same An tutu score as the 1.6Ghz underclocked Tronsmart S82. You should probably start by sorting the kernel on the X8.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

But MINIX doesn't talk about the software, he talk about 'hardware bugs' and 'The most obvious hardware bug is that the machine will be bricked randomly with a high %, I'm pretty sure some users already have bricked theirs' ...
                  Ok, he 'swear to God' but I'm not sure how to classify this statement (maybe one manufacturer against another manufacturer) ... I don't know... maybe it is true or maybe it is tactic... and talk we about the T/EM8 in opposition to the round devices?
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
                    Chinese thinking sell it now and worry about the problems later, rather fix now and sell later

JustMe
                    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      But MINIX doesn't talk about the software, he talk about 'hardware bugs' and 'The most obvious hardware bug is that the machine will be bricked randomly with a high %, I'm pretty sure some users already have bricked theirs' ...
                      Ok, he 'swear to God' but I'm not sure how to classify this statement (maybe one manufacturer against another manufacturer) ... I don't know... maybe it is true or maybe it is tactic... and talk we about the T/EM8 in opposition to the round devices?
                      I'm close to selling my Tronsmart and leaving Chinese boxes altogether, they're just too much hassle. Strange MINIX is shouting about hardware bugs just as the X8 is about to be released. Who knows maybe there is a HW bug, I guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink39
                        I'm close to selling my Tronsmart and leaving Chinese boxes altogether, they're just too much hassle. Strange MINIX is shouting about hardware bugs just as the X8 is about to be released. Who knows maybe there is a HW bug, I guess we'll see.

+1.I have some strange behaviure on my beelink m8 now,after one hour or so i get a snowy screen for a sec or two then its go back to normal,i also spotted some new pics of beelink m8 at aliexpress,its some very high legs under the box,maybee
                        5-7 cm.I will try to lift my box so maybe its not getting TOO hot....
                        Next,and last china box for me will be ZTE funbox with tegra 4....for a while,at least

Comment

Originally posted by Lars42 View Post
                          i also spotted some new pics of beelink m8 at aliexpress,its some very high legs under the box,maybee 5-7 cm.
                          Do you have a link?
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

+1.I have some strange behaviure on my beelink m8 now,after one hour or so i get a snowy screen for a sec or two then its go back to normal,i also spotted some new pics of beelink m8 at aliexpress,its some very high legs under the box,maybee
                            Next,and last china box for me will be ZTE funbox with tegra 4....for a while,at least
                            With all the Western Companies now making boxes.....Amazon Fire etc, and the fact they're much the same price I don't really see the point anymore in Chinese boxes. They had the market for a while and were great when they did.

Comment

My S89 never get hot or even warm, its always very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                                With all the Western Companies now making boxes.....Amazon Fire etc, and the fact they're much the same price I don't really see the point anymore in Chinese boxes. They had the market for a while and were great when they did.

The Fire tv and the tronsmart/minix/rikomagic boxes sticks ext are different.
                                The Fire tv is the ultimate media box. All the apps are designed for it for viewing on a big screen and work with the included remote. However Not so with the others. Look at the smithsonian app for instance its hard to view and use on the other boxes but on the fire tv its clearly designed to be used on the big screen.
                                However if you want to retro game, browse the web, get things from the play store or amazon app store then you want one of the others like the tronsmart. Also there are tons of tv apps you can get from the google play store like filmon and others. They are not as good as ones on the fire but all but a few are not available on the fire tv. I love the voice search and all that its cool.
                                I compare the minix more of a media streamer/ mini pc vs the fire tv is media streaming game playing box.
                                The tronsmart/minix ext are more open too. Its all depends on what you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X