Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The m8 box seems to have the edge compared to the Tronsmart device!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lars42 View Post
    +1.I have some strange behaviure on my beelink m8 now,after one hour or so i get a snowy screen for a sec or two then its go back to normal,i also spotted some new pics of beelink m8 at aliexpress,its some very high legs under the box,maybee
    5-7 cm.I will try to lift my box so maybe its not getting TOO hot....
    Next,and last china box for me will be ZTE funbox with tegra 4....for a while,at least
    Its all software related issues I also had that snowy screen rarely on s89 and square box but now square box has new Kernel no more snow

All boxes goes Red to blue time to time on standby mode...

Time will cure all those issues

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
      Its all software related issues I also had that snowy screen rarely on s89 and square box but now square box has new Kernel no more snow

All boxes goes Red to blue time to time on standby mode...

Time will cure all those issues
      Thats good to hear you say My beelink m8 gets warm,but not hot.But dont trust temp.in xbmc,it always on 30c/86F.

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
        I'm close to selling my Tronsmart and leaving Chinese boxes altogether, they're just too much hassle. Strange MINIX is shouting about hardware bugs just as the X8 is about to be released. Who knows maybe there is a HW bug, I guess we'll see.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
        They dumped the reference design and sell, we don't.
        The 1st reference design has flaws. We corrected them and it is our own design.
        That's why we take longer time. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          But MINIX doesn't talk about the software, he talk about 'hardware bugs' and 'The most obvious hardware bug is that the machine will be bricked randomly with a high %, I'm pretty sure some users already have bricked theirs' ...
          Ok, he 'swear to God' but I'm not sure how to classify this statement (maybe one manufacturer against another manufacturer) ... I don't know... maybe it is true or maybe it is tactic... and talk we about the T/EM8 in opposition to the round devices?
          It's not a tactic, we don't price on the same level.
          I know because I saw the board in Amlogic's office while the engineers were working on it and I asked them what's wrong with it, so I know.
          I just feel sorry for those people who paid that much for an unfinished product rather than waiting a while more and get a real, finished stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
            I saw the board in Amlogic's office while the engineers were working on it and I asked them what's wrong with it, so I know.
            Which board to you mean?
            The round (Tronsmart, Beelink,...) or the square one (Tomato, Emy,...) or both?
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

i also spotted some new pics of beelink m8 at aliexpress,its some very high legs under the box,maybee 5-7 cm.I will try to lift my box so maybe its not getting TOO hot....
              sorry, not at you but about this big misunderstanding, it is only for presentation the product ...

BTW: "30c/86F" is not really hot, it is 'operating temperature', if you get a temperature you don't like to touch the device we can talk about 'TOO hot' (not really, but I think you know what I mean)...
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Re: The m8 box seems to have the edge compared to the Tronsmart device!

Which board to you mean?
                The round (Tronsmart, Beelink,...) or the square one (Tomato, Emy,...) or both?
                Has there been any totally bricked so far? I haven't seen any. There's a guy that posted a thread but I thought he flashed the wrong ROM. Mine has been very stable and cool so far if not plagued by software bugs. You take the risk buying any new Chinese android box anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

sorry, not at you but about this big misunderstanding, it is only for presentation the product ...

BTW: "30c/86F" is not really hot, it is 'operating temperature', if you get a temperature you don't like to touch the device we can talk about 'TOO hot' (not really, but I think you know what I mean)...
                  LoL,but you have to admit it looks fancy With thoose legs...

Comment

LoL,but you have to admit it looks fancy With thoose legs...
                    It looks a little bit like this

RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Long Legs My God

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
                        It's not a tactic, we don't price on the same level.
                        I know because I saw the board in Amlogic's office while the engineers were working on it and I asked them what's wrong with it, so I know.
                        I just feel sorry for those people who paid that much for an unfinished product rather than waiting a while more and get a real, finished stuff.
                        Don't worry Nothing Wrong ... Both Boxes Working almost perfect
                        What you pay what you get Of course Minix Products are better build quality but Double the Price I normally Pay...
                        Last edited by TMx; 05-02-2014, 15:35.

Comment

The m8 box seems to have the edge compared to the Tronsmart device!

I love the frustration that these Chinese boxes bring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dlangejc View Post
                            I love the frustration that these Chinese boxes bring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            enjoy

Comment

We know what we have for less than 100$.... A nice gadget to connect to ours LCD!
                              The risk? loose 100$.... I can't imagine send my box to chinese factory

Most of time, i see a lot of software problems, bugs, invisible support, .... but a nice communauty here to improve our gadgets with fixing poor stock room & kernel. At the end, a lot of pleasure

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                                We know what we have for less than 100$.... A nice gadget to connect to ours LCD!
                                The risk? loose 100$.... I can't imagine send my box to chinese factory

Most of time, i see a lot of software problems, bugs, invisible support, .... but a nice communauty here to improve our gadgets with fixing poor stock room & kernel. At the end, a lot of pleasure
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X