Tronsmart S89 STOCK ROMs (100k4) in ZIP update format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    I did not know about this one. I assumed the M8 tomato.
    Since I have no way to test this beelink unit I cannot give you an answer.

Bob
    I can confirm this. I cracked open my beelink m8 and posted photos on the thread link of my previous post. The pcb, like the one in the tronsmart, are both from netxeon. Same date and version of pcb same case but different colour and brand name. Apparently the beelink brand is owned by the netxeon. Beelink m8 also comes as 8gb and 16gb versions.
    Anyway its the same as tronsmart vega s89 - 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
      Beelink m8 is exactly the same as tronsmart (same pcb serial/date etc (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...547#post170547)). Finless runs on mine (16GB) as we speak.
      Finless... Maybe you though he uses the tomato M8 box?
      Regarding Finless ROM 1.2:
      Did you first flash the original stock ROM from Tronsmart before applying the custom ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by kurthv View Post
        Regarding Finless ROM 1.2:
        Did you first flash the original stock ROM from Tronsmart before applying the custom ROM?
        Nope - used the quick root method first and then finless directly. Though it works fine for now YOU MUST NOT DO THIS according to finless as the 2 root methods differ and might cause problems later on when scripts get modified.
        What you should do is flash finless ontop of your stock beelink m8 (its the same FW as tronsmart (100k4) but different bootup logos etc.), or if you already rooted first flash stock tronsmart and then finless. Make sure that you flash the correct FW (16GB beelink m8 gets tronsmart vega s89 standard (16GB))

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
          Nope - used the quick root method first and then finless directly. Though it works fine for now YOU MUST NOT DO THIS according to finless as the 2 root methods differ and might cause problems later on when scripts get modified.
          What you should do is flash finless ontop of your stock beelink m8 (its the same FW as tronsmart (100k4) but different bootup logos etc.), or if you already rooted first flash stock tronsmart and then finless. Make sure that you flash the correct FW (16GB beelink m8 gets tronsmart vega s89 standard (16GB))
          The update to Finless ROM 1.2 went pretty smoothly :-)
          Thanks for your help and support!

Currently I see two problems:
          - Google PlayStore only shows apps at no charge (no paid apps)
          - With 1080p the text below the icons is hard to read (the text seems to be cropped)

Comment

Originally posted by kurthv View Post
            The update to Finless ROM 1.2 went pretty smoothly :-)
            Thanks for your help and support!

Currently I see two problems:
            - Google PlayStore only shows apps at no charge (no paid apps)
            - With 1080p the text below the icons is hard to read (the text seems to be cropped)
            paid apps is a known problem with stock & finless. Its being worked on (I hope) - see FAQ sticky. I do see the paid apps in playstore though - well at least those I paid for before and installed on other devices.

Comment

New firmware fixed paid apps

I hope to have a stock zip before too long. That is my only option seeing as all I have is android to work with.

Comment

hello, first thank for your work.

i have a problem, when i'm in the bootloader for update from the sd card i choose the zip file (the good one i'm used to do that for phone) but after the box tell me it can't mount the sd card and try in read only.

i'm on windows 8.1 so it was my only option for update it.

thank you and sorry for my english

P.S i forgot to say i tried 3 different SD card who work great on 2 phone and computers.
                Last edited by Skyneon; 04-27-2014, 07:41.

Comment

Working...
                X