Tronsmart S89 STOCK ROMs (101k4) in ZIP update format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart S89 STOCK ROMs (101k4) in ZIP update format

OK folks, Here is the new 101K4 S89 stock ROM in ZIP format.
    That is NO FLASH TOOL needed to flash a complete ROM on the S89!
    It has been converted to ZIP format you can update from SDcard.
    This is completely STOCK. No root or anything.

You Windows 8.1 folks that cant get drivers install should now be happy!

I kind of hate the flash tool anyway and should really only be used to unbrick!

Note: Unlike before, this time I am giving you the S89 Standard ROM and a patcher for the Elite.
    The ROMs between the Elite and Standard are the same except for kernel, wifi, and BT.
    So for Elite version, I am supplying a patch_2_elite.zip.
    If you have an Elite, after flashing the ROM, then also flash the patch_2_elite.zip.
    If you don't you wont have working wifi!

Download and unzip the file. Instructions are inside in the README.TXT

Here are the download links.

ROM -> Tronsmart S89 - 101K4 Stock ROM -Standard & Elite - (408 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Thx for your job, bob!
    i suppose you ll release a root patch later?

[update]
    I use sticky bob method root... it's work perfectly ;-)
    Last edited by roolmapool; 04-28-2014, 12:52.

Comment

Can I load this, then load Finless 1.2 or 1.3 over top.? Does it make sense to do this??

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm brand new to these devices, but I'm reading lots and hopefully learning something...

I like using XBMC, and I see that I would need to root this ROM to use XBMC??
      I'm not sure how to root a ROM myself yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Drum View Post
        Can I load this, then load Finless 1.2 or 1.3 over top.? Does it make sense to do this??

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm brand new to these devices, but I'm reading lots and hopefully learning something...

I like using XBMC, and I see that I would need to root this ROM to use XBMC??
        I'm not sure how to root a ROM myself yet.
        hope this help, I use in rooting my S89 vega. http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.U13PJuSwpdg

Comment

Originally posted by tikboy View Post
          hope this help, I use in rooting my S89 vega. http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.U13PJuSwpdg
          Ya, I'll give this a try, thanks.

Comment

Ya, I'll give this a try, thanks.
            Why noot use the root zip in sticky?

Comment

Can I flash this on top of your 1.2 ROM ?

Send from nubia z5s mini

Comment

Originally posted by saor11 View Post
                Can I flash this on top of your 1.2 ROM ?

Send from nubia z5s mini
                Deleted
                Last edited by Lokie; 04-28-2014, 09:53.

Comment

Sorry i post that here too because i did in the old pos.

hello, first thank for your work.

i have a problem, when i'm in the bootloader for update from the sd card i choose the zip file (the good one i'm used to do that for phone) but after the box tell me it can't mount the sd card and try in read only.

i'm on windows 8.1 so it was my only option for update it.

thank you and sorry for my english

P.S i forgot to say i tried 3 different SD card who work great on 2 phone and computers.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    OK folks, Here is the new 101K4 S89 stock ROM in ZIP format.
                    That is NO FLASH TOOL needed to flash a complete ROM on the S89!
                    It has been converted to ZIP format you can update from SDcard.
                    This is completely STOCK. No root or anything.

You Windows 8.1 folks that cant get drivers install should now be happy!

I kind of hate the flash tool anyway and should really only be used to unbrick!

Note: Unlike before, this time I am giving you the S89 Standard ROM and a patcher for the Elite.
                    The ROMs between the Elite and Standard are the same except for kernel, wifi, and BT.
                    So for Elite version, I am supplying a patch_2_elite.zip.
                    If you have an Elite, after flashing the ROM, then also flash the patch_2_elite.zip.
                    If you don't you wont have working wifi!

Download and unzip the file. Instructions are inside in the README.TXT

Here are the download links.

ROM -> Tronsmart S89 - 101K4 Stock ROM -Standard & Elite - (408 megs)

Enjoy,
                    Bob
                    After installing using the 2nd option, it goes well but the 5ghz wifi connection for my vega standard still missing also unable for me to install free apps from play store but BT working.hope you guys (expert) can patch and figured out the problem

Comment

Originally posted by tikboy View Post
                      After installing using the 2nd option, it goes well but the 5ghz wifi connection for my vega standard still missing also unable for me to install free apps from play store but BT working.hope you guys (expert) can patch and figured out the problem
                      +1 since I relay on the 5G because my Ethernet is dead plus 2.5ghz is a joke this Rom is useless for me

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
                        Why noot use the root zip in sticky?
                        I'm just not sure which files, patches, etc. are compatible - Ie will the Stock ROM "Easy Root" ZIP, and the 1.2 + 1.3 ROM's work over this new ROM?

I see that the "Easy Root" is compatible, from comments in the "Easy Root" thread still not sure about the 1.2 & 1.3.

Guess I should just give it a try...

Comment

I'm just not sure which files, patches, etc. are compatible - Ie will the Stock ROM "Easy Root" ZIP, and the 1.2 + 1.3 ROM's work over this new ROM?

I see that the "Easy Root" is compatible, from comments in the "Easy Root" thread still not sure about the 1.2 & 1.3.

Guess I should just give it a try...
                          I just tried to patch it with 1.2, didn't worked the box stopped at boot up screen

Comment

Flashed this over 1.2 then easy root zip after works a treat thanks

Send from nubia z5s mini

Comment

i used Kingo Android Root to root my s82. pretty simple, just set usb debugging, connect to pc then hit the root button in the program.

Kingo one click Android root tools simple and fast one key root cell phone, mobile access to root privileges, manage mobile phones, streamline the system, delete the preset applications. After rooting can also manage boot from the start, to enhance mobile performance!

Comment

Working...
                              X