Tronsmart S89 STOCK ROMs (101k4) in ZIP update format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    No, not until I remove bootloader and make a flashable version of that. I plan to do that this week with all ROMs so you all can use either ROM on any box.

Bob
    Thanks for the info, I'll stop the download then.

I think I'm going to have a read up on all this rom milarky, got any sites that would be a good starting point you could point me at finless.

Comment

You did see there is a new 4/30 ROM for the square EM8 box right?

Bob
      I just tryied it. Same rom (20140418 test-keys) different kernel.
      Still same problem with paid apps and msettings has stopped.

//Magnus

Comment

Finless - just a note /reminder - this ROM has remote keyboard error issues (no CAPS lock, etc), same as original ROM, whereas the 1.2 ROM did not. I believe you were planning to use a section from the 1.2 ROM in the next issue to correct this.

Comment

Originally posted by Drum View Post
          Finless - just a note /reminder - this ROM has remote keyboard error issues (no CAPS lock, etc), same as original ROM, whereas the 1.2 ROM did not. I believe you were planning to use a section from the 1.2 ROM in the next issue to correct this.
          Yep... it's in my notes for the new ROM.

I was going to hold off making it as I was expecting a fixed ROM for 5G from Tronsmart (or Beelink) but now I am not sure if one is coming since Eric says 5G works for him?

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

changelog

Maybe I am a bit blind, but where can I find a changelog for this update?

Comment

Yep... it's in my notes for the new ROM.

I was going to hold off making it as I was expecting a fixed ROM for 5G from Tronsmart (or Beelink) but now I am not sure if one is coming since Eric says 5G works for him?

Bob
              it works for him,but for us doesn't I don't know what kind of Rom is using

Comment

Originally posted by nutzu View Post
                it works for him,but for us doesn't I don't know what kind of Rom is using
                Damage control until the fix arrive... After labour day. .

Well all in all, i don't mind a bit. Eric at least brought us something to tinker with. It fixes some probs. This is obviously a beta from factory to fix show stopper bugs that can't wait. I'm greatfull for that! This will be resolved soon.
                Last edited by Lokie; 05-02-2014, 19:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
                  Damage control until the fix arrive... After labour day. .

Well all in all, i don't mind a bit. Eric at least brought us something to tinker with. It fixes some probs. This is obviously a beta from factory to fix show stopper bugs that can't wait. I'm greatfull for that! This will be resolved soon.
                  Well for me is useless because I use 5g since Ethernet doesn't work properly with some boxes, plus the 2.5g is slow as 4-5mbps and watching in hd hangs so, I'm grateful to Bob who came with his version.

Comment

I did this update but can't root it to unset xbmc I used the 1.2 it's the elite I have. I did it with the old rom but this one won't is it me that is doing something wrong. Ore is it like that

Comment

Mmmm.... I got the standard and updated 101k4 (finless zip). This was done over finless 1.2. Rootrd with finless root update zip. Then gotham rc1.

Everything is working well for me. I don't have 5ghz wifi router so thats not bothering me too much for now. All my movies an tv shows stream just fine like before.

Antutu is scoring 31620 after running the unit for 2 days straight. No hangups. Takes a while to wakeup sometimes but always do. (put it to sleep and somtimes).
                      Last edited by Lokie; 05-03-2014, 07:12.

Comment

No, this release contains bootloader since it changed from 100K4 to 101K4.

Bob
                        Is there a guide or a thread about making custom roms? I think a want to try and remove the bootloader my self to se if the problem with paid apps is in the kernel or in the rom.

//Magnus

Comment

Problems after upgrading to 101k4

After upgrading to the new Stock firmware I found two problems:
                          1) Antutu Benchmark will freeze the box (have to disconnect from power adapter to restart)
                          2) Netflix couldn't be uninstalled (well, I can uninstall, but it will re-install after next reboot)

Also it's really annoying, that all shutdown apps on Google Playstore don't shutdown the box, but instead will reboot the box.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by kurthv View Post
                            1) Antutu Benchmark will freeze the box (have to disconnect from power adapter to restart)
                            No such problem here: ~31700pts and no freeze. Can't you at least go back to home screen and kill it?

2) Netflix couldn't be uninstalled (well, I can uninstall, but it will re-install after next reboot)
                            Netflix APK is located in /system/usr, you can rename/delete it to avoid its startup re-installation.

Also it's really annoying, that all shutdown apps on Google Playstore don't shutdown the box, but instead will reboot the box.
                            I also confirm this.

Comment

Good news!

Beelink released new firware with XBMC adio/video sync fixed

Bob? I think this can help you with your ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
                                Good news!

Beelink released new firware with XBMC adio/video sync fixed

Bob? I think this can help you with your ROM?
                                nice I will give it a try to see if they fix the 5G,Bluetooth and ethernet, it works with Vega since they use the same board.

Comment

Working...
                                X