• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

Comment

Incompatible Addons (fixes)

Originally posted by servo386 View Post
      I am have a hell of a time getting any of the usual suspect add ons (1channel, sports devil, ect) to work. all dependency errors...
      any workrounds/unoffical ports?
      Note: I found your answer in xbmchub forum: For those that are incompatible the easy fix is to change the python version in each respective Addon.xml to 2.1.0.

How do you edit addon.xml?
      The addon.xml file to be edited is in the actual addons folder. Not the repository folder.
      To edit them (outside xbmc) you would need to enable view hidden files then navigate to that addons folder
      (navi-x as an example)

- Operating system File path
      Android /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/Navi-X

- Open the Navi-X folder
      Open the addon.xml with an editor like notepad, Root Explorer or ES File Explorer
      Look for this line:
      <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
      And change it to:
      <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>

Hope this helps.
      -Chromecast with Google TV
      - Android Q Android 10

Comment

That seems very easy, who knew it would be so simple.

So they basically work just fine but Gotham is being stubborn about it?

I will give it a shot tonight

Comment

Exactly which firmware are you using with this XBMCZ Gotham 13.0?
          Thanks.

Comment

the changing the addon.xml python version trick is not working for me, at least not for 1channel. Still says dependencies missing.

How is everyone else using Gotham, do you have the addons working?

Comment

Originally posted by edwardckc View Post
              Hi,

I need to replace libmedia.so and copy advancedsettings?

Thanks
              Hi! I use the ROM CS968 - GEASS, comes with libmedia installed. If your rom does not have, you need to replace the file in /system /lib on Android.

Link CS968 Geass - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ASS-quot-ver-1

Libmedia attached
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TomThumb View Post
                Exactly which firmware are you using with this XBMCZ Gotham 13.0?
                Thanks.
                Hi! I use the ROM CS968 - GEASS

Comment

Thank-You!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by netguto View Post
                    Hi! I use the ROM CS968 - GEASS, comes with libmedia installed. If your rom does not have, you need to replace the file in /system /lib on Android.

Libmedia attached
                    This patch can also work on KitKat or is it only for JB?

Comment

This patch can also work on KitKat or is it only for JB?
                      Never used the Kit Kat, I advise to use the Jelly Bean ROM Geass.

Comment

Thanks, working nicely with TronSmart 908II (http://androidpc.es/blog/2013/08/24/...-externa-wifi/). 1080p streaming great!

A few dependency nags (e.g., Vevo), but that's the case with Gotham in general.

Good work

Comment

Hello netguto. Would you be able to elaborate on your settings. What do you have your sound settings set to in the GEASS ROM, and what do you have your audio settings set to in XBMCZ Gotham 13.0 (Libmedia).
                          Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by el_easy View Post
                            Note: I found your answer in xbmchub forum: For those that are incompatible the easy fix is to change the python version in each respective Addon.xml to 2.1.0.

How do you edit addon.xml?
                            The addon.xml file to be edited is in the actual addons folder. Not the repository folder.
                            To edit them (outside xbmc) you would need to enable view hidden files then navigate to that addons folder
                            (navi-x as an example)

- Operating system File path
                            Android /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/Navi-X

- Open the Navi-X folder
                            Open the addon.xml with an editor like notepad, Root Explorer or ES File Explorer
                            Look for this line:
                            <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
                            And change it to:
                            <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>

Hope this helps.
                            This seems very interesting but how do you view hidden files?

Comment

XBMCZ Gotham 13.0 (Libmedia) - Download

I am a little bit new on replacing files and modify system files in Android. I have installed your XBMCZ on Kitkat Tech1 modded ROM. Can I still replace the libmedia file as you explained in post#1? Or does it have to be 4.4.2 version?

Pejochto via Tapatalk
                              CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                              CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
                              HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
                                I am a little bit new on replacing files and modify system files in Android. I have installed your XBMCZ on Kitkat Tech1 modded ROM. Can I still replace the libmedia file as you explained in post#1? Or does it have to be 4.4.2 version?

Pejochto via Tapatalk
                                No sir, please don't do that, you are really getting ready to mess everything up now ...

The LibMedia.so hack for 4.2 ROM builds will not work with 4.4 ROM builds .... If you want AC3 DTS digital sounds, then please use the built IN "eHomeMediaCenter" or the MXPlayer with custom codecs ... Please go to my threads and read the section "AC3 DTS READY" ...

Comment

Working...
                                X