Finless 1.5 ROM ported to the EM8 BETA-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless 1.5 ROM ported to the EM8 BETA-1

OK folks, based on the success of my ROM port testing today I bring you my S82 Finless 1.5 ROM port to the EM8.

YES, I am calling this a BETA 1
    Why? Because I cant test everything.
    It should work LIKE MY TEST PORT but I do not know for sure if I have fixed the remote and power off functions. I think I have but not sure. So this is why it is a BETA 1.

THIS IS FOR THE SQUARE BOX! Not the round boxes!
    Honestly I am getting tired of being asked that question when I state it clearly!

This was made from the Beelink 102K4 S82 and my 1.5 version of that ROM and I used the kernel and other support files from the EM8 Acemax 5/12 ROM.

While this is a full ROM I do not flash bootloader, recovery, or uboot_env.

Therefore this cannot HARD BRICK you!

However because this is built from the kernel of the Acemax 5/12 ROM it would be best if you flashed that first so you have the correct bootloader, etc.
    Might not be needed (I doubt it) but if you have something that doesn't work please flash the Acemax ROM then this one.

Features and release notes for my 1.5 ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
    Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a daemon now. There are many ways to run this as a daemon.
    Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
    This means you could lose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
    What I have done is started the daemon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
    This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!

2) Updated Google framework and Play Store core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
    On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
    I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want. Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer). If you want the original XBMC APP then download it from Geekbuying.com

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there! This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
    Again I had to figure it out!

5) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device (Nexus 10) that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    This should also allow Netflix HD but I have not tested it.
    Your device will show up in google play as Nexus 10 device not a Vega EM8! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES File Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Vega.

7) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

8) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.

9) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. TCP buffers sizes, etc etc.

10) Added bonus! CPU fixer patches!
    In this ZIP is a CPU_fixer folder. These zips can be used to adjust your minimum CPU frequency and Governor. See the README.txt in that folder for an explanation and how to install them.

Remember, donations always help the cause

OK so here is the download!

READ the README.TXT in the zip for instructions!

ROM -> EM8 Square Box - Finless 1.5 ROM port (320 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

testing in 15 minutes
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

You guys are SLOOOOOW

You have any idea how many times I flashed a ROM today
      Like probably 30.....

Anyway I am spent for the day and time to relax. I will read feedback I guess tomorrow AM.

Bob

Comment

20 minutes i had to wait to download rom
        load ok
        box switching of works no blinking light or signal transmitted to tv

remote working

5Ghz working little lower

Google play taking forever and also first time when on ethernet tried to switch on my wifi when logged in

been 5minutes an just circle rotating on google play after signed in.

going to test xbmc and antutu next

JustMe

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

I had a first time issue with Google Play too. It didn't log me in. I think the new Google Play has some issues on first time login or something. This started happening on their latest update last week. I BET we see another update very soon from them.
          The S89 guys reported this on my 1.5 ROM too but after a reboot no issues.

Reboot.

Bob

Comment

apps arn't responding like xbmc oman have to wait maybe 20 second till user su granted to pop up
            its picking up 1280 x 720p no issue there now

problem solved after first time

wifi speed not to bad 2.4ghz 1m away

reboot working

google play tried again working now problem solved after first time it took awhile for su to kick in

doing antutu and gonna try okola install before it would not install due to incompatiable device

Just Me

JustMe

Comment

antutu not antut x crashes at 87%

okola speed test app from google play still not compatiable with device

keyboard double bounce when pressing shift numeric get to get @ or # etc fixed no double key liek @2 or #3 when typing

also granting user on xbmc takes a while su

JustMe

JustMe

Comment

I have to go running late for work if i get fired i cannot donate to bob for his efforts

thanks so far box will test furthur later tonight

JustMe

JustMe

Comment

second time round antutu stock no cpu fixer scored same as stock m8 rom 23936

JustMe

Comment

JustMe

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                      antutu not antut x crashes at 87%

okola speed test app from google play still not compatiable with device

keyboard double bounce when pressing shift numeric get to get @ or # etc fixed no double key liek @2 or #3 when typing

also granting user on xbmc takes a while su

JustMe
                      Excuse my novice mind but, what am I doing wrong. Keep getting footer error in E. Now I'm not a complete novice, but im assuming there's a problem with my sd card. Should I reformat it and try again. I've been using the same card for all tweaks and updates from manufacturer. I did the other fine, the port one posted earlier. I'm rooted, using the root process you posted. Also on 5/12. Ty

Comment

Perfect

Thanks Bob You are great

Comment

extract the file and try again.
                          Originally posted by Case The Ace View Post
                          Excuse my novice mind but, what am I doing wrong. Keep getting footer error in E. Now I'm not a complete novice, but im assuming there's a problem with my sd card. Should I reformat it and try again. I've been using the same card for all tweaks and updates from manufacturer. I did the other fine, the port one posted earlier. I'm rooted, using the root process you posted. Also on 5/12. Ty

Comment

Originally posted by rm65453 View Post
                            extract the file and try again.
                            So far works perfect. Which xbmc version is working the best? Can it work the beta, or does it need the gotham stable release.

Comment

Is there any chance to change the keyboard back to Stock cos I can't use Finless Keyboard with Remote controller...

Thanx

Comment

Working...
                              X