No announcement yet.

[ROM] Quickshot 3.1 for RKM mk902

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on commentary about the new voltages in this Kernel - and the fact it was made for an MK902 box that probably has better cooling than a stick, I decided to install D33's 4.1 Kit Kat Kernel over my MK809III running this rom.

It seems like a great combination so far - I played with it for a few hours and found no bugs. The stick only gets "comfortably warm", not enough for me to really worry. Using this stock install - I could at least imagine overheating damage in the long run, though I didn't take any measurements.

Otherwise, this ROM is packed with features that I wouldn't want to live without. The automatic font resizing whether you use a 720P or 1080P kernel is just brilliant. The included apps make starting fresh easy.

Comment

Re: [ROM] Quickshot 3.1 for RKM mk902

Originally posted by yever View Post
      I figured it's probably due to my device is very picky, not well built. Too bad I won't benefit from the feature in your kernel, but it's already a big improvement.
      Can you upload a dmesg log?
      Open terminal emulator:
      Write (please exactly, case sensitive) su
      dmesg>/sdcard/dmesg.txt
      Upload the file dmesg.text that you can find in your internal SD.

Originally posted by efroid View Post
      This rom work with MK809III models?
      Thanks
      Nice!

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
      This thread got divided between 3.0 and 3.1 so I will report here as well.

This ROM works GREAT with my MK809III RK3188T sticks. I installed it on 4 that I'm giving away as gifts.

It did not work for my full RK3188 stick, it wouldn't boot and I had to flash neomode 1.9a.

This is my favorite android stick rom.

Edit: I guess my only concern is that the voltage in the included kernel has been increased. My MK809III gets noticeably hot. I wonder if it might be a problem long term for a stick with little or no heat sink?
      Please follow the instructions that I answered before and give me a dmesg log

Based on commentary about the new voltages in this Kernel - and the fact it was made for an MK902 box that probably has better cooling than a stick, I decided to install D33's 4.1 Kit Kat Kernel over my MK809III running this rom.

It seems like a great combination so far - I played with it for a few hours and found no bugs. The stick only gets "comfortably warm", not enough for me to really worry. Using this stock install - I could at least imagine overheating damage in the long run, though I didn't take any measurements.

Otherwise, this ROM is packed with features that I wouldn't want to live without. The automatic font resizing whether you use a 720P or 1080P kernel is just brilliant. The included apps make starting fresh easy.
      Thanks! Daemonium had the idea about flash at same time kernel and adjust fonts.

sent by my phone.
      enviado desde mi teléfono.

leolas
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
        Can you upload a dmesg log?
        Open terminal emulator:
        Write (please exactly, case sensitive) su
        dmesg>/sdcard/dmesg.txt
        Upload the file dmesg.text that you can find in your internal SD.

Nice!

Please follow the instructions that I answered before and give me a dmesg log

Thanks! Daemonium had the idea about flash at same time kernel and adjust fonts.

sent by my phone.

leolas
        Hey Leolas, I think I did give you a dmesg log for my MK809III with RK3188T. Please check your PM, it may have been a week or two weeks ago. Let me know if you can't access it from where I hosted it.

That said - it works perfectly on two of my three screens, I can't ask for a better response. I sent you the dmesg log from the 3rd screen (A Motorola Lapdock) which gets no audio, presumably because it doesn't communicate back to the stick.

On my full RK3188 - I can't even get it to boot, so dmesg is not possible. I'm going to try other kitkat kernels to see if I can find a match - Neomode's 3.1 works on that stick.

Comment

Hey Leolas, I think I did give you a dmesg log for my MK809III with RK3188T. Please check your PM, it may have been a week or two weeks ago. Let me know if you can't access it from where I hosted it.

That said - it works perfectly on two of my three screens, I can't ask for a better response. I sent you the dmesg log from the 3rd screen (A Motorola Lapdock) which gets no audio, presumably because it doesn't communicate back to the stick.

On my full RK3188 - I can't even get it to boot, so dmesg is not possible. I'm going to try other kitkat kernels to see if I can find a match - Neomode's 3.1 works on that stick.
          A dmesg with neomode ROM can help too

sent by my phone.

leolas
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

sent by my phone.

leolas
            Oh - OK. I'll try that tonight, after reinstalling Neomode 3.1.

After sending you the dmesg, I'll try using the Kernel in Neomode's 3.1, along with your rom to see if that would work for at least 720P output.

Comment

Great ROM. Major improvement from what I had installed. I am still disappointed that XBMC still can't play 720p videos properly. I get skipped frames, dropped frames and audio lag. It plays, but with noticeable stuttering. MX Player(with H/W decoder) and Android default video player play the video fine.
              I'm on the default kernel.

Video is 720p H.264 AVC + DTS audio.
              Did anyone manage to get video like this to play perfectly in any XBMC version on any ROM and kernel of this device?

Comment

sent by my phone.

leolas
                Check your pm. I just sent you a dmesg from Neomode3.1.

I also tried to install Quickshot 3.1, then the kernel from Neomode3.1. Unfortunately, my stick STILL wouldn't boot.

Comment

I have tried everything and I can't properly mount my NFS share.

I modified the init.d script and set it as executable. Here's how it looks: http://pastebin.com/RwCjhdqs. I know runs because the mount folder is created. But running "ls"(as normal user and as root) returns nothing.

I then tried running the mount command as root from the terminal emulator. It mounts successfully, but i can only list the files when root. The normal user and any other apps can't see the files. I have read that this is a KitKat security feature and probably this is the problem.
                  Here are the commands I ran in the terminal, and their results: http://pastebin.com/Y27dzXUk

Please, any help is appreciated, I really want to mount my NFS server.

Comment

I see nice ROM features here ... I just have some questions:

Is it compatible for AP6210 wifi?

Also, is it possible to adjust mV values with Voltage Control app?
                    It seems some devices need "extra mV" to work stable (for example, I ran DDR800@1275mV since my dongle reboots with default voltage: DDR800@1250mV).

Greetingz.
                    Last edited by wichoxp; 06-05-2014, 18:20.
                    MK809III clone (T model) + d33 Kernel v4.1 {OC'ed kernel mod} (1.7Ghz/768/800Mhz) !!!

Comment

This ROM is *incredible*! I received my MK902 today and immediately installed this rom as I am a Quickshot fan It runs even better than on my Minix to be honest. Smooth 1080P playback, emulators play superbly...everything runs like a champ. Excellent job. Please continue providing Quickshot to these devices as you are doing a great service to the community I look forward to running a variation on the X8-H, and hopefully the RK3288 MK902II someday down the road. Splendid work.

Anyone on the fence about installing this on your MK902 should not be. Just do it. It will be the best thing you have done for the device yet!

Comment

Originally posted by wichoxp View Post
                        I see nice ROM features here ... I just have some questions:

Is it compatible for AP6210 wifi?

Also, is it possible to adjust mV values with Voltage Control app?
                        It seems some devices need "extra mV" to work stable (for example, I ran DDR800@1275mV since my dongle reboots with default voltage: DDR800@1250mV).

Greetingz.
                        sorry but rk devices are not compatible with voltage regulations apps, the voltages are coded in kernel.
                        Originally posted by zektor View Post
                        This ROM is *incredible*! I received my MK902 today and immediately installed this rom as I am a Quickshot fan It runs even better than on my Minix to be honest. Smooth 1080P playback, emulators play superbly...everything runs like a champ. Excellent job. Please continue providing Quickshot to these devices as you are doing a great service to the community I look forward to running a variation on the X8-H, and hopefully the RK3288 MK902II someday down the road. Splendid work.

Anyone on the fence about installing this on your MK902 should not be. Just do it. It will be the best thing you have done for the device yet!
                        Thanks, nice

sent by my phone.

leolas
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)

Comment

If anyone has problems with the NFS mount not visible in other apps, use it like this:
                          Code:
                          su --mount-master -c "busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.1.100:/location           /mnt/location"
                          I'm not sure why it does not work from the init.d script, but it mounts correctly when ran in the terminal emulator.
                          Also the permissions of the files created by apps in the mount folder are 0600. That means only that app can access that file. Can't find a workaround for this

Comment

Is it compatible with ap6210???

Inviato dal mio GT-P5110 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Twinsen View Post
                              If anyone has problems with the NFS mount not visible in other apps, use it like this:
                              Code:
                              su --mount-master -c "busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.1.100:/location           /mnt/location"
                              I'm not sure why it does not work from the init.d script, but it mounts correctly when ran in the terminal emulator.
                              Also the permissions of the files created by apps in the mount folder are 0600. That means only that app can access that file. Can't find a workaround for this
                              Try:
                              sleep 60
                              Before the mount.
                              Originally posted by lucap00 View Post
                              Is it compatible with ap6210???

Inviato dal mio GT-P5110 utilizzando Tapatalk
                              ??? I don't understand, mk902 has ap6210.
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Try:
                                sleep 60
                                Before the mount.
                                And if that doesn't work, try sleep 90.
                                There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X