NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Adobe Flash prior to 11 runs fine. Any microUSB cable works. Yes, you have to flash from PC using RK flash tool. I haven't played with keyboards much because I use SwiftKey Tablet. Can't answer the Skype question.

Enjoy France.

My name's Harold and I'm a flashaholic....
    Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
    HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
    Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

My Questions.

Thanks Harold and rrileyPM, appreciate the replys.

I am about to flash the 2.2b, anybody know anymore detail on the apps and keyboard I mentioned, is Skype working and whats with the keyboard?

Kind Regards

Adrian

Comment

Harold uses Swiftkey...I use Thumbkeyboard. The stock keyboard works fine, it's just too plain for me.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Keyboard

Guess it'll be Swiftkey if nobody else can clarify, will look at Thumbkeyboard too, just got hooked into Swype to type in Froyo, seems a long time ago now!!!

Comment

Fresh Flash!!

Hi guys, running my clean install, done it once and noticed Bob's instructions say that after batch tool the tablet should boot to CWM format its system and restart to OS. Mine boots to CWM but didn't do anything, so I just restarted the system, looked like a clean install, under About phone only says 2.2 pro, doesnt say 2.2b or anything should it?
            Anyway I carried on and Suerpcharger only took at went smoothly but after clean and reboot my system didn't start, might just be my tablet, sometimes I need to plug in power or USB to start the system as the power buttn doesn't do anything, after I started the system from black screen (was left way more than 3 minutes) run supercharger and got 50% so I have started again.

Batch tool done, CWM Boot no format? What should I do?

Adrian

Comment

Camera Not Working on 2.2

Everything appears to be working fine after the 2.2 upgrade but when I try to launch the camera, it tells me process com.android.camera has stopped. I tried a different camera app and it does the same thing. Any ideas?

Comment

error trying to install Bob's rom's.

wondering if someone can help out with my arnova 10g2,

i have bob's gingercomb 2.0 installed never had any issues in the past installing any of them, but now trying to install any rom using rkandroid tool it fails?

2.0a, 2.1a or the pro one , it erases the IDB ok, the during install it just fails in red text.

Log:
                20:14:05 540 INFO:check start
                20:14:05 541 INFO:start to erase system disk
                20:14:05 542 INFOownload IDB OK
                20:14:05 544 INFO:Start to reset device
                20:14:05 547 INFO:Reset device OK
                20:14:05 550 INFO:LoaderThread Finish
                20:14:07 608 Image Thread Path(\\?\USB#VID_2207&PID_290A#6&34275E43&0&4#{a5d cbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed})
                20:14:07 609 INFO:Start to test device
                20:14:08 613 INFO:Test device OK
                20:14:08 616 INFO:Start to download file
                20:14:08 663 INFO: Start to download files to flash
                20:14:08 666 INFO:Flash Start to download file to flash
                20:15:16 561 Errorownload system file failed,Errcode(-3)
                20:15:16 562 Error: Download System file failed
                20:15:16 562 ERRORownload file failed
                20:15:16 566 ERROR:Run failed
                20:15:16 566 ERROR:Image Thread Failed

any idea why this is?

tried:
                the same rom that's installed already from the same folder it was put on from-failed
                different rkandroid tools from each of the different rom downloads
                reboot laptop, check updates,
                tried different cables

Update:
                got the boot load screen from 2.2 pro-rom but stuck there.
                finless v1_5c worked ok

resolved:
                weird but working. When it fails on rkandroid if i leave it for 5 mins and then reset it goes to cwm, then reboot , it works, for most of the roms up to 2.1a for me, but 2.2 pro still wont work.

happy enough to have it at 2.1a
                Last edited by pope_acute; 03-28-2013, 23:23.

Comment

USB issues.
                  Try unplugging other USB stuff
                  Make sure your not going through a HUB
                  USB 2.0 port not a 3.0
                  etc

Seems you have this issue before long ago as I recall? I forget what we did to fix it.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    USB issues.
                    Try unplugging other USB stuff
                    Make sure your not going through a HUB
                    USB 2.0 port not a 3.0
                    etc

Seems you have this issue before long ago as I recall? I forget what we did to fix it.

Bob
                    Hi bob,thanks for getting back. Will try that
                    this evening cheers.

Comment

Forgive me, for I have sinned..

Bob,

Please forgive me, I defected to the dark side and tried the ICS and Jelly bean ROMs.. I soon realised the error of my ways and returned to your much smoother and faster ROM..

Rog.

Comment

lol

Originally posted by Dodger77 View Post
                        Bob, Please forgive me, I defected to the dark side and tried the ICS and Jelly bean ROMs.. I soon realised the error of my ways and returned to your much smoother and faster ROM.. Rog.
                        yeah I know what you mean - those aren't just every day roms like finless's - If anyone was to make it stable and run most things then it would probably be finless, but in fairness 2.2pro final is as good as it is probably going to get to be honest not that all the work done is not appreciated as it must take a hell of a lot of dedication and effort and skills to get where they got to

Comment

Hi guys, still rockin this superb ROM with 0 problems, just wanted to share some shinys, http://cirrus.turtil.net/serve/apk. The next launcher is so nice on this ROM.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2 #Edited to update my servers URL
                          Last edited by cirrus; 05-22-2014, 02:46.
                          http://www.cirrusminor.info

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            UPDATE Oct 18, 2012!

Sorry folks my 2.2a ROM had a little bug with init.d support! That is, it might run scripts in the init.d folder over and over again slowing down the system and eating memory!

I have updated the ROM download which is now 2.2b. to fix this issue!

Now in the download links below I have a NEW full ROM download as well as a boot.img update ONLY download! If you want to keep your current 2.2a install without erasing and loosing data, then download the 2.2a to 2.2b ROM flash kit ONLY! This will flash boot.img and fix the issue.

NOW... Know this! ANY CWM backups you have from 2.2a, on restore of them they will overwrite the old boot.img on top of this new boot.img. So you should delete any CWM backups and make new ones AFTER flashing the new boot.img update!

Bob

OK folks. This is what I am calling my 2.2 "Pro" ROM.

Many of you might ask... "Why is this a Pro ROM Bob?"
                            Well, what I have done is implement init.d scripting support!
                            If you do not know what that is or don't really care, then you do not need this ROM!
                            If your on 2.1 already and don't care to use init.d scripting, then there is no reason to flash this ROM.
                            Even if you do not know what this init.d scripting is, or care to use it, again it's the same as my 2.1 "Gingercomb" ROM.
                            So if you do not have 2.1 yet, you can flash this and have the same compatibility as in my 2.1 ROM.
                            If you don't use the init.d scripting, it's not going to hurt you or the performance!

So now... what is init.d support?
                            Well most Android OS's support init.d scripting.
                            What that is, is you can put scripts a folder /system/etc/init.d and number them.
                            01script.sh
                            02script.sh
                            etc...
                            These scripts will run in the order of the number in front of the name!
                            This allows you the user to TWEAK the system yourself without making ROMS!
                            These scripts run every time at boot up!
                            Thus you can remove them, add to them, change them and next boot, you get what tweaks you want!
                            Arnova removed all this capability because they made a "consumer ROM" I put this all back in
                            with a lot of hard work and testing!
                            So really... this ROM is for the Android Nerds and Geeks out there that want to continue to get more performance!
                            LIKE! Running the V6 SuperCharger script!

Want to know what V6 SuperCharger script is all about? Read it from the author here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=991276/

ATTENTION... In my ROM kit are now 2 README's. One is the standard read me. The other walks you through running V6 SuperCharger script! Sorry I am not going to try to write up how to use and install other init.d scripts! Google Search it and learn!

So now if you do NOT know what my 2.1 ROM is and want to learn more first..., then go here and read about it:
                            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ersion-2-1-CWM

2.2 just adds what I said above. Init.d script support!

For you “nerds” that want init.d and the best ROM I can crank out…. Here it is:

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 - "GingerComb" PRO ROM 2.2b (215 megs)

As noted above in the UPDATE Oct 18, 2012, here is the boot.img Update Flash kit! See the notes above for how to use it and what it is about. READ THE REAME in the Update kit!!!!!

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 - "GingerComb" PRO ROM 2.2a to 2.2b ROM update kit (1 meg)

Enjoy,
                            Bob

hi! when I click on the download link it bring me on the home page of the site. why?

Comment

I can confirm bobs link is broken if not fixed soon ill upload it to my server

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
                              http://www.cirrusminor.info

Comment

Originally posted by cirrus View Post
                                I can confirm bobs link is broken if not fixed soon ill upload it to my server

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
                                News for new links?

Comment

Working...
                                X