NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the quick response.
    I'm no expert in these things, but if you can give me some advice maybe I could try.

max

Comment

I have a last question,in fact i just want to know if the firmware brick a tablet before?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Hello View Post
        I have a last question,in fact i just want to know if the firmware brick a tablet before?

Thank you
        No

Follow the read me file in the Rom you download and you will be fine!

Extremely difficult to brick a rockchip tablet

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I have had the BT modules for some time now. Fenice57 did them months ago! Just no one has asked and as been willing to test. It's easy to add them into the ROM but you can also do it using an APP called mount manager. It will install KO modules.

If you guys want to try later I can provide a download for the BT.ko modules. If it works out, then I can make a 2.2a with them built in. If you feel your not technical enough to try with mount manager we can figure it out.

Bob
          Hi,
          I can't do that because I'm not expert. But if you build a new version with the BT modules, I also test it.

Thank you Bob

Comment

Uninstall APP

Hello,
            I want backup a clean ROM via the recovery.
            Before, I want delete app I don't use (APPstore Amazon, Blogger, and more) but I can't do it !

Settings - Applications - Manage applications - All : and when I select one, I don't find the 'uninstall' button.

How can I uninstall it ?
            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Le Dam View Post
              Hello,
              I want backup a clean ROM via the recovery.
              Before, I want delete app I don't use (APPstore Amazon, Blogger, and more) but I can't do it !

Settings - Applications - Manage applications - All : and when I select one, I don't find the 'uninstall' button.

How can I uninstall it ?
              Thank you

If it is a system app than you can't uninstall it that way. Install Titanium from the Playstore and remove it that way.
              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
              </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                I have had the BT modules for some time now. Fenice57 did them months ago! Just no one has asked and as been willing to test. It's easy to add them into the ROM but you can also do it using an APP called mount manager. It will install KO modules.

If you guys want to try later I can provide a download for the BT.ko modules. If it works out, then I can make a 2.2a with them built in. If you feel your not technical enough to try with mount manager we can figure it out.

Bob
                Bluetooth would be great.
                Were can i download the bt.ko modules?

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                  If it is a system app than you can't uninstall it that way. Install Titanium from the Playstore and remove it that way.
                  Thank you Damo !
                  It work fine

Comment

Hi,

Ok i will make that on the 1 st of august?

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

With the firmware we have a lockscreen?

Thank you

Comment

Yes

</form>

Comment

Yes good news.

Thank you

Comment

another great rom bob - many thanks again :-)

installed fine - no probs, but running the supercharger script comes up with choose an option 1-33 and wont shift till i enter a number, but cant see anything in your walkthrough - i could be missing it!! thanks :-)

...scrap that, i was being a fool and missed your instruction....sorry! lol

Comment

Ok, a slight problem.....after installing the new rom which is fabulous as ever, and the supercharger script, everythings running great except the superuser app. Anything which requires superuser just crashes, i updated the su binary as in the instructions. Any one else experience this? Cheers!

ok - update, reflashed and went thru all instructions again to make sure i wasnt missing something. now after reboot from smanager as detailed i had to pin reset, then boot - expecting it to take a long time - but alas its passed 10 mins now and no joy, just sitting at the boot screen (not boot animation). now in the readme, it says if this happens then ive messed something up, but.....what? steps followed step by step i promise

ok- final update i promise lol managed to flash again after being stuck for over 10mins on boot logo. I have tried updating su binary, and although that went well - anything that required su access just didnt work, crashes all over the place. Then i tried without updating the su binary - which led to being stuck on the boot logo.

Taking my own situation out of it- as the supercharger script is reliant on the su binary, what happens every time theres an update to the binary? is there risks that it will just hang the system? For now i think ill give the scripting side a miss, i must be missing something but its just not working reliably for me, and im not risking hosing this tab (yup its happened before lol).

Many thanks Bob for your continued efforts :-) my g2 loves u to bits :-) lol

cheers!
                              Last edited by gsteruk; 07-28-2012, 20:42.

Comment

Thank you for the great firmware, my arnova working fine, no bug !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X