Finless 1.6 for EM8 Square Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless 1.6 for EM8 Square Box

OK folks, so not to leave this box totally in the dust I decided to make the best ROM I could for this right now.

This was made using the latest ENY 5/30 ROM.

I cannot fix the 1080/720 issue as this is in the kernel and no other kernels with that fix will work on this box. Well they will but audio does not work. So we are stuck waiting for Acemax or ENY to fix that issue.
    But this ROM will give you all the tweaks I have been doing to other A9 ROMs.

DO NOT just copy this download ZIP to SDcard and expect it to work!
    UNZIP it and read the README for instructions!

Features and release notes for my 1.6 ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
    Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a daemon now. There are many ways to run this as a daemon.
    Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
    This means you could lose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
    What I have done is started the daemon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
    This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!

2) Updated Google framework and Play Store core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
    On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
    That is as of this date.
    This may fix paid APP install issues but I do not know as I never have bought APPs and can't test.

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
    I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want. Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer). If you want the original XBMC APP then download it from Geekbuying.com

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there! This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
    Again I had to figure it out!

5) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device (Nexus 10) that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    This should also allow Netflix HD but I have not tested it.
    Your device will show up in google play as Nexus 10 device not a M8! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES File Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a M8.

7) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

8) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.

9) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. TCP buffers sizes, etc etc.

10) Added bonus! CPU fixer patches!
    In this ZIP is a CPU_fixer folder. These zips can be used to adjust your minimum CPU frequency and Governor. See the README.txt in that folder for an explanation and how to install them.

OK so here is the download!

READ the README.TXT in the zip for instructions!

ROM -> ENY EM8 Tomato Square Box - Finless ROM 1.6 (275 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

[QUOTE=Finless;189925]OK folks, so not to leave this box totally in the dust I decided to make the best ROM I could for this right now.

This was made using the latest ENY 5/30 ROM.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++

Excellent, Well done, Looking good,
    First boot screens a little over the top

Thanks
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thank you for this one Bob, will flash when I get back home. Hope adb will help you further improve this box... let's hope acemax/any will do their part too.

Comment

Thanx Bob Will try it 2moro

Comment

Thanks Bob! Your work is much appreciated. Do you know why the official XBMC 13.1 release has no video on this rom but it works on Finless 1.5 ported?
          Last edited by hybrid_r; 06-08-2014, 07:49.

Comment

Cheers Bob! Will give it a lash

Comment

m8 square box

seems to work ok except 2 strange effects.....first no highlighting (for cut and paste ) left click mouse...I can accept it could be just my stupidity....and no fast scrolling left click mouse plus a small amount of screen flash when fast scrolling down a page...Regards and thanks for your work....ps wired or wireless mouse

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid_r View Post
                Thanks Bob! Your work is much appreciated. Do you know why the official XBMC 13.1 release has no video on this rom but it works on Finless 1.5 ported?
                add me to the list on this also, SuperSu shows up asking to allow access, but video will not play, work on 1.5... Thanks allot for your hard work bob

Comment

You should use this XBMC tuned for the S802 by Oman.

1.5 ROM is a port from the Tronsmart! This 1.6 ROM was made from an official M8 ROM with all it's bugs from ENY.

Later I will port the tronsmart again (If I can!) when 105K4 comes out.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Alright thanks.... I'm really regretting buying these boxes... I hope Eric is talking to the factory and getting them to fix this POS... the WiFi is shit... (it's not my router... or bad soldering) seems like the can't build a proper kernel.... but then on the bright side we have you Bob. And I thank you indefinitely for your work.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Comment

M8 Wifi Chip is AP6330 like the very latest minix X8 and Speed (Router is around 4 meters away) ;

Last edited by TMx; 06-08-2014, 18:44.

Comment

Is this on the minix? And on 5ghz... my 2.4ghz is full bars but I get 1 bar on 5ghz and that's on all 12 boxes

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                          Is this on the minix? And on 5ghz... my 2.4ghz is full bars but I get 1 bar on 5ghz and that's on all 12 boxes

Thats an M8 Video 2.4ghz Not Minix but all the Latest Boxes use same AP6330 Wifi Chip.

20+ M8 boxes ,apart from 2 Badly soldered wifi antenna (repaired easily) all good here...

P.s Ethernet Speed is around 80mbps

Router is Netgear...

Comment

M8 Square 5ghz Wifi Speed Test

Comment

xbmc nightly build

works fine with this rom if you use libstagefright codec only

Comment

Working...
                              X