No announcement yet.

Neomode Custom Rom MK809III MTK WiFi Version 0.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo, you think you can do a ROM like NCR 3.1 with this working setup for Mediatek? Only thing I noticed not working was USB. It wasn't seeing adb or debug mode, because I was trying to root even though it has SuperUser it is not rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
      Neo, you think you can do a ROM like NCR 3.1 with this working setup for Mediatek? Only thing I noticed not working was USB. It wasn't seeing adb or debug mode, because I was trying to root even though it has SuperUser it is not rooted.
      Hi,

Its easy to root this device with Kingo Abdroid ROOT.
      It took me 2 mins

Regards,

Benobi

Comment

Originally posted by Benobi View Post
        Hi,

Its easy to root this device with Kingo Abdroid ROOT.
        It took me 2 mins

Regards,

Benobi
        Thanks for the suggestion, I used TWRP recovery and SuperSU .zip file to root it and play with it. That's not my point. NCR 3.1 is way better than a beta ROM.

Comment

Hi Neo, you think you can make a 1080p kernel for this ROM? I have everything installed and working except for true 1080p.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you a lot Neo for this rom . I can report 720p video playback is now fine with the alternate OC kernel included in the release (I have tried the kernel_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr400_vsfsam.img so far). 1080p is still a bit laggy, will give a try to the other OC kernel maybe.
            Sound, wifi, bluetooth also ok.

Has anybody succeeded in using the TWRP partition to do a full backup? I can reboot to TWRP, but neither the keyboard nor the mouse will work there. The changelog of TWRP 2.7.0.0 for Rockchip's (here) says
            Code:
            [...]
            - Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
            but even in other ports my mouse doesn't work...the same mouse will work instead once I boot into Android. Any clues?

Comment

Originally posted by zabo View Post
              Thank you a lot Neo for this rom . I can report 720p video playback is now fine with the alternate OC kernel included in the release (I have tried the kernel_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr400_vsfsam.img so far). 1080p is still a bit laggy, will give a try to the other OC kernel maybe.
              Sound, wifi, bluetooth also ok.

Has anybody succeeded in using the TWRP partition to do a full backup? I can reboot to TWRP, but neither the keyboard nor the mouse will work there. The changelog of TWRP 2.7.0.0 for Rockchip's (here) says
              Code:
              [...]
              - Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
              but even in other ports my mouse doesn't work...the same mouse will work instead once I boot into Android. Any clues?
              Wait, what kernel did you use? And do you have a Mediatek WiFi/Bluetooth combination? If you don't I would suggest you run NCR 3.1. As far as Mouse I use Microsoft 800 Keyboard/Mouse and works great both on ROM and on TWRP using the kernel that this ROM came with.

Comment

I've built a few random kernels with different WiFi chipsets but can't find any one to test!

Can you download this pack and report back if the kernel for your wifi is working or not. These are clocked at 1.6 GHz and are 1920x1080 for testing.

Wifi:

AP6210-alternative GPIO
                ESP8089
                MT5931
                MK7601
                RTL8723
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                  I've built a few random kernels with different WiFi chipsets but can't find any one to test!

Can you download this pack and report back if the kernel for your wifi is working or not. These are clocked at 1.6 GHz and are 1920x1080 for testing.

Wifi:

AP6210-alternative GPIO
                  ESP8089
                  MT5931
                  MK7601
                  RTL8723
                  Will test. Thanks.

EDIT: Tested (no DMESG, getting ready for work, can do more testing when I get back from work) on both this ROM, NCR MTK .9 and with NCR 3.1 but no-go on Wifi/BT. Sound still worked. Since it's one of my TV sticks in use I had to restored it back to NCR .9 with the 720p kernel it came with.
                  Last edited by m4f1050; 07-25-2014, 11:08.

Comment

Wait, what kernel did you use? And do you have a Mediatek WiFi/Bluetooth combination? If you don't I would suggest you run NCR 3.1. As far as Mouse I use Microsoft 800 Keyboard/Mouse and works great both on ROM and on TWRP using the kernel that this ROM came with.
                    Yeah, the overclocked kernel named "kernel_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr400_vsfsam.img", on a mk809III with Mediatek mt5931sa / mt6622n wifi/bt chips. There's another kernel named "kernel_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr600_vsfsam.img" in the package, but since everithing seem to work fine I'll stick to the current setup, at least unless I succeed in doing a full backup with the TWRP -which I can't until I solve the mouse problem. Speaking of which, are you using the same kernel as mine or the default "kernel.img"? Could it be that your kernel recognizes the mouse in TWRP and mine doesn't (just a guess)?

Comment

Yeah, the overclocked kernel named "kernel_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr400_vsfsam.img", on a mk809III with Mediatek mt5931sa / mt6622n wifi/bt chips. There's another kernel named "kernel_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr600_vsfsam.img" in the package, but since everithing seem to work fine I'll stick to the current setup, at least unless I succeed in doing a full backup with the TWRP -which I can't until I solve the mouse problem. Speaking of which, are you using the same kernel as mine or the default "kernel.img"? Could it be that your kernel recognizes the mouse in TWRP and mine doesn't (just a guess)?
                      Im using default kernel. Where did you find that other kernel? I can try it to see if my mouse works on TWRP.

Comment

Im using default kernel. Where did you find that other kernel? I can try it to see if my mouse works on TWRP.
                        That's very kind of you, thanks. The other kernels are located in the same folder of the default one, just named differently (and you must instruct RKAndroidtool provided by Neomode to point at it, before flashing). The relative path once you open Neomode's archive is ..\rockdev\Image .

Comment

That's very kind of you, thanks. The other kernels are located in the same folder of the default one, just named differently (and you must instruct RKAndroidtool provided by Neomode to point at it, before flashing). The relative path once you open Neomode's archive is ..\rockdev\Image .
                          Oh duh.... I didn't realize it had more kernels since I only saw 1 parameter file (I was using parameter files from NCR 3.1 to get 6gb DATA) Thanks for letting me know, will test it and report back in a few, I have to take my car to the stealership to get an oil change, will test after I get back.

EDIT: I only have 1 kernel.img not the one you mentioned. Searching by that name now to see if I find it.
                          Last edited by m4f1050; 07-27-2014, 07:10.

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post

Wifi:

AP6210-alternative GPIO
                            ESP8089
                            MT5931
                            MK7601
                            RTL8723
                            Hi,

Thanks for your job.
                            I tested kernel for MTK chipsets, but WiFi and Bluetooth do not work

Regards,

Benobi

Comment

Neomode Custom Rom MK809III MTK WiFi Version 0.9

Originally posted by Benobi View Post
                              Hi,

Thanks for your job.
                              I tested kernel for MTK chipsets, but WiFi and Bluetooth do not work

Regards,

Benobi
                              I've got wifi working and overclocked CPU / DDR and GPU. Just BT left.

Last edited by d33; 07-28-2014, 15:36.
                              Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                              Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                              Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                              Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                              CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                              Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                              RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                                KitKat Beta is out please Test it and Report back because i have no Stick with MTK Wifi.
                                The Kernel is 720p only at the Moment.

Regards
                                Ray

Download:
                                http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/mk809III_mtk_1.zip
                                i tried this ROM with my MK809III B MTK...wifi works but painfully slow...practically unusable...my wifi router is in the same room, few meters away... anybody can confirm this?

rgds,
                                viliam

Comment

Working...
                                X