NEW - MK918 KitKat Customrom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuvk View Post
    I have been using this rom for about 2 weeks on an x5ii box, and it has been great.

I use the included 1080 kernel and if and Ethernet work well.

This is printed on the pcb Netxeon x5ii_V3.1_20140212

Thanks a lot for your great work.

hello, first i want to thank you for your work with this device. I am wondering if you could help me with my machine.

I have the Netxeon X5II V3,1 board, after flashing with this kit kat rom, it will not pass the green android boot screen, could you walk me through the flashing proses.

Currently I am Erasing Nand, then i flash the

> Loader
    > Parameter
    > Misc
    > Kernel
    > Boot
    > Recovery

these two files i do not have and so do not flash.

< System
    < Backup

many thanks in advance.
    samE

Comment

You need to redownload. System is the os.

Comment

Originally posted by nepumuk View Post
        Yes, it can be done.
        But it has no priority for me, because i don't need it.
        I have next week some spare time, i want to spent some effort in this issue then
        Hi,

Just wondering if there is any update on this?
        Is there anyway we can help?
        Is it possible to get source code?

I'm still very keen for this.

Comment

NEW - MK918 KitKat Customrom

After a while from installing this stable firmware and using it with wifi I discovered it is not working with my box mk918 lan

Can you help?

Comment

Do you have the first version of the mk918?
            I can only test with my box, and lan is working (but really a show stopper, the chip inside is only 10mbit)

Comment

NFS shares not accessible via browsers

hi, i found this problem. When i mount nfs via terminal, it's accessible via terminal, but via filebrowsers not, even with root rights.i found in wasser's roms that this is known issue. Did You plan to fix this ?

Comment

Reflashed boxes

Hi there, just wanted to say thanks, I have just re flashed two bricked boxes with success.
                Thanks again Jeffri

Comment

Hi i flashed your room in my board CYXTECH RK3188 909 V1_1, but the wifi and bluetooth are not detected.

Any Ideas?

How ca i add the correct driver for my board?

Best regards.

Comment

Ethernet - low speed problem

Hello,

I have problem with this device (MK918).
                    Ethernet speed is too slow...

So, i flashed new Kit kat from this thread.

It works fine, but there is no improvement in the Ethernet speed
                    (it is about 500KB/s)

Do i have a change to solve the problem by seeking for more flash options?

Or it is hardware problem?

Thank you
                    Last edited by vovanpro; 01-17-2015, 19:32.

Comment

Hi vovanpro,

this issue you are enliving can't be fixed with any firmware update.
                      Sadly the designer of the MK918 PCB was a cheap guy who connected eth0 (LAN) via USB1.1 (have a look at wikipedia to get the maximum bandwidth, that are possible via USB1.1)

@neeggo:
                      Well...
                      You flashed the wrong ROM. Basically it works - right. But - I bet, if you open your case, you won't find an AP6210 WLAN / Bluetooth Chip. I am pretty sure you will find something like an Realtek RTLxxxx. And - of course - this ROM doesn't include the drivers for any other chips, than that, that are build in an MK918.
                      I truely believe, that you don't have an MK918 but just one of the many RK3188 boxes, that all look the same and no one could tell what PCB is inside until you opened it. So... open it, make a sharp picture of your PCB (readable chip names ) and post it.

Step by step guide to open your box:

Kind regards Snuffy

Comment

Originally posted by eve_Snuffy View Post
                        Hi vovanpro,

this issue you are enliving can't be fixed with any firmware update.
                        Sadly the designer of the MK918 PCB was a cheap guy who connected eth0 (LAN) via USB1.1 (have a look at wikipedia to get the maximum bandwidth, that are possible via USB1.1)

eve_Snuffy, thank you for the answer.

If I buy another device (hopefully, another board), will the problem remain?

Comment

Hi,

this is possible. But - you should keep in mind: the importing companies and huge seller lable these boxes as whatever they like. It can happen, that a shop is official selling MK918, Q7, T-R42 and some more. And you finally will get an CS918. No one can tell untill you open your delivered box.
                          Kind regards Snuffy

Comment

Originally posted by eve_Snuffy View Post
                            Hi,

this is possible. But - you should keep in mind: the importing companies and huge seller lable these boxes as whatever they like. It can happen, that a shop is official selling MK918, Q7, T-R42 and some more. And you finally will get an CS918. No one can tell untill you open your delivered box.
                            I see.

Is there any correlation between box quality and internet store/seller? Correlation with price?
                            Is there any other well know box, which has less issues?

In other words, now i looking for recommendation where/what to buy...

Comment

I would like to express my sincere gratitude, because I used this to flash my android tv box. Until now I had the original firmware, but after 2 years I decided its time to do an upgrade. This stock image works flawlessly. It even detected my usb bluetooth headphone and microphone, and now I can use this android tv box to do skype calls. What I liked more? This image makes the tv box appears as NEXUS and thus I can install many more applications that until now it was not possible. Just for info, I opened the case and I report the following markings on the ICs:

CHIP: AP6210 - C008120-1345
                              CHIP: FORESEE NCTST576-08G - 01V1305091737-1319 (FLASH)
                              CHIP: ITE IT6612FN-1347-8xG-ACQM8
                              CHIP: GEIL 1342-512X8DDR3 HL I340 (RAM)
                              BOARD: e237212 94VO - 1350

Second TIP: Originally all my attempts to flash it failed. But I did a reboot, changed USB cable and also USB port and the flash succeeded.

Finally, it has disabled a lot of junk services, and the box feels now much faster and smoother (connected via HDMI and wifi).

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X