Beelink S82 / Tronsmart S89/S89H / VissonTech S82 firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by versus4582 View Post
    Just to let Stane and the rest know,if you use Stane's XBMC on 105k4 and UP it willnot show picture while streaming for example from Icefilms,1channel etc ... But only audio !!

It is basically having the same problem i mentioned here :http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...age-only-sound

As for the rom it self ,i flashed it ok and my box booted for the first time only into ANDROID.After that it never booted again into the OS itself ...Then again my box is also having issues with Stane'slinux and i have a strong belief that anyone using the latest S89 boxes that came out from the factory(which we know they are using different hardware) will face the same issues ... I am pretty sure that Stane must have developed his roms on an earlier model ....
    Interesting... True, my pcb is Netxeon S82_V2.0_20140304.
    If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
    Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
      Interesting... True, my pcb is Netxeon S82_V2.0_20140304.
      Stane,Bob ,Leolas and the rest of the developers , you need to get your hands on one box from the latest batch !!! As things are now, you are releasing ROMS for the guys that already have boxes from the earlier and older batches !!! but from now on the factory will sell their new items !! So your ROMS will become obsolete and/or will only suit some and not ALL users ...

For me the starting point of issues was when i discovered that 104k4 was never able to play on my box !! Now i discover daily that new roms are NOT OK with my box which happens to be the production BOX at the moment for the rest of the world ....

I think this is a huge issue and you need to get the new boxes and develop for that boxes first and not for boxes that are already obsolete !!!!

Please see to it ... I can also gift a newer box to a developer if he is willing to take the time and sort things out for the sake of the community ...

Comment

Stane,Bob ,Leolas and the rest of the developers , you need to get your hands on one box from the latest batch !!! As things are now, you are releasing ROMS for the guys that already have boxes from the earlier and older batches !!! but from now on the factory will sell their new items !! So your ROMS will become obsolete and/or will only suit some and not ALL users ...

For me the starting point of issues was when i discovered that 104k4 was never able to play on my box !! Now i discover daily that new roms are NOT OK with my box which happens to be the production BOX at the moment for the rest of the world ....

I think this is a huge issue and you need to get the new boxes and develop for that boxes first and not for boxes that are already obsolete !!!!

Please see to it ... I can also gift a newer box to a developer if he is willing to take the time and sort things out for the sake of the community ...
        +1 for that.

Lets wait to see what Oman and his supervisors have to say about it. My opinion is that manufacturer is the one who should supply new hw revisions to chosen group of developers, not collecting donations from other users or users donating boxes.

I see donations as funds on my PayPal account for example which are some sort of reward for my work, not something I have to use to buy new box if I want to continue development of firmware for certain product.

Update:

Also, factory can only benefit from that because they are too busy to make customizations, accept wishes of individuals...
        If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
        Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

I just got a new Beelink round box from Oman yesterday. I will check out the board rev and see what it is.

Versus also, I think you talking about 104K and below not working. 107K works correct? My last ROM for this device also works as I recall. So really your issue is about downgrading.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

OK my board is a S83H V2.1 date 6/2014. So I guess I have the new board.

Stay tuned while I mess with it this week.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              OK my board is a S83H V2.1 date 6/2014. So I guess I have the new board.

Stay tuned while I mess with it this week.

Bob
              Enjoy your new toy
              some Pics. Please if possible
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                ... some Pics. Please if possible ...
                => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...n-PCB-versions
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

right now we have three MP version pcb(V2.0/v2.1/v2.2),here is change log:
                  v2.1 based v2.0:
                  1.Change the OTG connector;
                  2.Modify USB connector for more stability;
                  3.Improve USB HUB

v2.2 based v2.1:
                  1.Modify HDMI connector for stability;
                  2.Improve HDMI layout for better signal;

And with only one PCB,be mounted different CPU(s802/s802B/s802H),Nand(8G/16G),WIFI(Ap6210/AP6330),that's why we have many different kinds of board,they may called s83a/s83b.....and so forth,just a name for distinguish.

The latest FW can be ran on all kinds of Boards,no matter what version or configuration it is.But previous Can't be used on latest Board because of different batch of cpu.
                  Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Remote Mouse Select

I'm finding that the mouse option on the remote does not work with this ROM. Otherwise ROM is very solid.

Comment

Versus also, I think you talking about 104K and below not working. 107K works correct? My last ROM for this device also works as I recall. So really your issue is about downgrading.
                      Thats what i thought untill i tried Stane's Linux and Android Firmwares... With his Linux distro i got like 10 reboots in 5 minutes and 4-5 hangs !!! After that i flashed his Android FW and my box only booted into Android the first time !!!

That is when i thought is a box related issue and Stane did confirm he developed fis firmwares on an older board ...

Can you that now have the latest box or someone else confirm that Stane's FW's are indeed problematic on the latest boxes ??

In any case, as a general rule of ''IT'' thumb every software development must be based on the latest hardware available for a specific device and its really great that you at least got your hands on the latest box ... That way we are ensuring that every rom from now on is based on the latest hardware !!!

I am very curious to see your findings with the latest box

P.S : Maybe now you could also trace the cause for the 104k4 not booting

Comment

Can you that now have the latest box or someone else confirm that Stane's FW's are indeed problematic on the latest boxes ??
                        Has anyone with the latest box tried Stane's Linux or Andoid FW to see if he gets the same problems as i did ???

Anyone ???

Comment

Has anyone with the latest box tried Stane's Linux or Andoid FW to see if he gets the same problems as i did ???

Anyone ???
                          All give it a try on mine which is a 2.1 version.

Solid fast and stable.....Correction after about 20 min it does freeze so this roms not good for newer revisions it seems.
                          Last edited by Magnus33; 07-23-2014, 23:08.
                          Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Mine is 2.1 Version too dated in 2014 june. And the cpu is S802B
                            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                            My devices:
                            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                            Gearbest.com)
                            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                              Mine is 2.1 Version too dated in 2014 june. And the cpu is S802B
                              My seems to have a hdmi failure so i could have a faulty device.
                              Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
                                All give it a try on mine which is a 2.1 version.

.Correction after about 20 min it does freeze so this roms not good for newer revisions it seems.
                                Ahah i guessed right .... So Back to my statement .. Please Stane get yourself one of the newer boards and develop on that both Android and Linux please

Oh and btw .. Thank you AmLogic for ******* us all up just to rush your product on the shelves !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X