Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlayerCy1 View Post
    Alright, thanks, I appreciate it!
    The instructions are here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-TV01-CS968-V3 ... It may sound hard, but it's very easy to do ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
      The instructions are here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-TV01-CS968-V3 ... It may sound hard, but it's very easy to do ...
      Tried this as well, no solution.
      It goes into recovery, it says failed to mount /metadata and /mnt/external_sd, and then it formats /data and /cache. Then it reboots and back to the android guy.

I did everything step by step...

Comment

Tried this as well, no solution.
        It goes into recovery, it says failed to mount /metadata and /mnt/external_sd, and then it formats /data and /cache. Then it reboots and back to the android guy.

I did everything step by step...
        Did you insert the paperclip in the hole getting the sound from your PC ... This must be done each and every time you install a new ROM build to your TV box ...

Comment

Did you insert the paperclip in the hole getting the sound from your PC ... This must be done each and every time you install a new ROM build to your TV box ...
          Yes, same thing.. :/

Comment

Yes, same thing.. :/
            Are you getting the connection sound from your PC, when you insert the paperclip in the hole ...?

Comment

Are you getting the connection sound from your PC, when you insert the paperclip in the hole ...?
              Yes I do

Comment

Yes I do
                After hearing the connection sound from your PC, now explain to me each step you take to install a new ROM build to your device, including using the 1.7 batch tool ...

Try to install the original stock ROM build, that came from the manufacturer on your TV box ... Do not install a custom ROM build yet, wait until after you have install the stock ROM build that came on your device first ..

Comment

After hearing the connection sound from your PC, now explain to me each step you take to install a new ROM build to your device, including using the 1.7 batch tool ...

Try to install the original stock ROM build, that came from the manufacturer on your TV box ... Do not install a custom ROM build yet, wait until after you have install the stock ROM build that came on your device first ..
                  I unplugged it for 30 minutes and let it reset.
                  I inserted the usb cable in the OTG port, while pressing the paper clip in and jumping pins 8 and 9.
                  My computer makes a sound, and on the 1.7 Batch Tool, which is already open, a blue square
                  appears showing that my device is connected and is in maskrom

I choose your ROM and click "Restore".
                  It finishes succesfully, I safely remove the box and connect it to my tv.
                  It immediately goes into recovery, it says failed to mount /metadata and /mnt/external_sd, and then it formats /data and /cache.
                  It reboots and then we go back to the android guy with the spinning thing.
                  It never boots into my system

Tried the same thing with the stock rom

Comment

I unplugged it for 30 minutes and let it reset.
                    I inserted the usb cable in the OTG port, while pressing the paper clip in and jumping pins 8 and 9.
                    My computer makes a sound, and on the 1.7 Batch Tool, which is already open, a blue square
                    appears showing that my device is connected and is in maskrom

I choose your ROM and click "Restore".
                    It finishes succesfully, I safely remove the box and connect it to my tv.
                    It immediately goes into recovery, it says failed to mount /metadata and /mnt/external_sd, and then it formats /data and /cache.
                    It reboots and then we go back to the android guy with the spinning thing.
                    It never boots into my system

Tried the same thing with the stock rom
                    No sir, this is not the correct way to install any ROM build to Your Android TV box ... Who gave you these instructions to install a new ROM to your Android TV box ...? Your Android TV box should always be connected to your TV at ALL times ... NEVER EVER DO THIS> It finishes succesfully, I safely remove the box and connect it to my tv. WRONG!

Again, pay no attention to this in yellow writing>

{It immediately goes into recovery, it says failed to mount /metadata and /mnt/external_sd, and then it formats /data and /cache}.

Install the stock ROM build to your Android TV box with your Android TV box connected to your TV at all times, so you can see everything, including the on screen Google questions, and answer ALL Google questions a must ...

Comment

No sir, this is not the correct way to install any ROM build to Your Android TV box ... Who gave you these instructions to install a new ROM to your Android TV box ...? Your Android TV box should always be connected to your TV at ALL times ... NEVER EVER DO THIS> It finishes succesfully, I safely remove the box and connect it to my tv. WRONG!

Again, pay no attention to this in yellow writing>

{It immediately goes into recovery, it says failed to mount /metadata and /mnt/external_sd, and then it formats /data and /cache}.

Install the stock ROM build to your Android TV box with your Android TV box connected to your TV at all times, so you can see everything, including the on screen Google questions, and answer ALL Google questions a must ...
                      Alright, so the box needs to be connected on the TV. Does it have to be plugged in to the power source as well? I'm asking because i tried this: connected the tv box on the tv through hdmi, jumped pins 8 and 9 while pressing the reset button, and connected it on my computer through usb, then followed the procedure - but it didn't work. My tv screen shows absolutely nothing!

After the restoring is done what do I do? Do I unplug it? Do I leave it?

Thank you so much Tech1 for assisting me

Comment

Alright, so the box needs to be connected on the TV. Does it have to be plugged in to the power source as well? I'm asking because i tried this: connected the tv box on the tv through hdmi, jumped pins 8 and 9 while pressing the reset button, and connected it on my computer through usb, then followed the procedure - but it didn't work. My tv screen shows absolutely nothing!

After the restoring is done what do I do? Do I unplug it? Do I leave it?

Thank you so much Tech1 for assisting me
                        Yes, you have to have your TV box plugged into the power source at all times ... After the box has fully restore all new data, never unplug your box from the power source ... {You Can Do It Without The Power Source Via USB, But Lets Do It With The Power Source Plugged In} ....

Their is more on screen info to come, again please answer all Google questions ... You must also be patient and let the box boot up correctly ... Install the stock ROM first via the 1.7 batch tool correctly, after you have fully installed the stock ROM, then you can install a custom ROM build ..

Comment

Yes, you have to have your TV box plugged into the power source at all times ... After the box has fully restore all new data, never unplug your box from the power source ... {You Can Do It Without The Power Source Via USB, But Lets Do It With The Power Source Plugged In} ....

Their is more on screen info to come, again please answer all Google questions ... You must also be patient and let the box boot up correctly ... Install the stock ROM first via the 1.7 batch tool correctly, after you have fully installed the stock ROM, then you can install a custom ROM build ..
                          I apologise for my absence, I couldn't get involved with my TV Box until today.
                          I've tried the same procedure while having it plugged in to the power source. In short, I connected my TV Box to the TV via HDMI, I plugged it into the power source, I short-circuited pins 8 and 9, I pressed and held the reset button and plugged it into my computer. The Rockchip Batch Tool showed a blue box and I continued with the procedure of flashing the stock rom. After it finishes,nothing appears on the TV. Nothing! It just says no video signal.

What do I do? If I unplug and reset it, it would go again on that android guy with the spinning thing.

Comment

I apologise for my absence, I couldn't get involved with my TV Box until today.
                            I've tried the same procedure while having it plugged in to the power source. In short, I connected my TV Box to the TV via HDMI, I plugged it into the power source, I short-circuited pins 8 and 9, I pressed and held the reset button and plugged it into my computer. The Rockchip Batch Tool showed a blue box and I continued with the procedure of flashing the stock rom. After it finishes,nothing appears on the TV. Nothing! It just says no video signal.

What do I do? If I unplug and reset it, it would go again on that android guy with the spinning thing.
                            Again the method you described above is incorrect, if you want this to work, you have to follow my instructions to the "T" ...

1.\ Connect your TV box to your TV via HDMI 1.4 cables ONLY {Do Not Brake This Connection At Anytime}

2.\ Connect your TV box to a power source {Do Not Brake This Connection At Anytime}

3.\ Connect your TV box to your PC via the OTG USB port {Do Not Brake This Connection, Until The ROM Build Has Complete Installed To Your TV Box}

4.\ Short-circuited pins 8 and 9, while pressing and holding IN the reset button via a paperclip ALL at the same time, until you hear a connection sound from your PC ... If you don't hear a connection sound from your PC, {DO NOT OPEN THE 1.7 ROCKCHIP BATCH TOOL}, without a connection between your TV box and computer you cannot install the ROM ..

5.\ If you do hear the sound from your PC connection, then open the 1.7 Batch Tool and proceed to install your ROM build via the restore button {Conneted Devices 1 On The 1.7 Batch Tool} should be green in color and when the ROM began to install, the color will change to a blinking yellowish color ...

Again, please follow the above instructions to the "T", do not try to reinvent the wheel by creating your on method ...

Comment

Again the method you described above is incorrect, if you want this to work, you have to follow my instructions to the "T" ...

1.\ Connect your TV box to your TV via HDMI 1.4 cables ONLY {Do Not Brake This Connection At Anytime}

2.\ Connect your TV box to a power source {Do Not Brake This Connection At Anytime}

3.\ Connect your TV box to your PC via the OTG USB port {Do Not Brake This Connection, Until The ROM Build Has Complete Installed To Your TV Box}

4.\ Short-circuited pins 8 and 9, while pressing and holding IN the reset button via a paperclip ALL at the same time, until you hear a connection sound from your PC ... If you don't hear a connection sound from your PC, {DO NOT OPEN THE 1.7 ROCKCHIP BATCH TOOL}, without a connection between your TV box and computer you cannot install the ROM ..

5.\ If you do hear the sound from your PC connection, then open the 1.7 Batch Tool and proceed to install your ROM build via the restore button {Conneted Devices 1 On The 1.7 Batch Tool} should be green in color and when the ROM began to install, the color will change to a blinking yellowish color ...

Again, please follow the above instructions to the "T", do not try to reinvent the wheel by creating your on method ...
                              Okay, I did exactly what you said, nothing shows on the TV after, or while the restoring is being done. Afterwards I simple remove the usb cable, and press reset, in order to boot the device up, since as I said, nothing shows on the TV. When I do this, it goes into recovery, it fails to mount metadata and external_sd and then it formats the data and cache-then back to the android guy with the spinning thing.

Comment

Okay, I did exactly what you said, nothing shows on the TV after, or while the restoring is being done. Afterwards I simple remove the usb cable, and press reset, in order to boot the device up, since as I said, nothing shows on the TV. When I do this, it goes into recovery, it fails to mount metadata and external_sd and then it formats the data and cache-then back to the android guy with the spinning thing.
                                That's not what I told you to do ... you never remove the OTG usb connection while you are installing the ROM ...! Are you getting the connection sound from your computer, while the OTG usb is connected to your computer, that's the key ... If you cannot follow my instructions, then their is nothing I can do for you ...

You will always get the Android guy, simply because you don't have a connection to your PC ... Do you have the correct drivers installed on your PC ...?

Comment

Working...
                                X