Boot problem with my TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot problem with my TV Box

I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if I sound like a noob.
    I have an Android TV Box on which it says Rk3188, CS968 so in order to solve me issue I navigated to this forum. Hopefully I'm at the right one.

A few days ago, I found my TV Box trying to boot (I never turned it off), but it wouldn't boot, it just got stuck at that green Android guy with that spinning thing. I trying flashing some other firmwares I found while googling around, but no luck. When I plug it in, it says failed to mount sdcard etc, then it formats data and cache and returns to the android guy with the spinning thing.

Can someone help me please?
    Thank you in advance

Originally posted by SlayerCy1 View Post
    I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if I sound like a noob.
    I have an Android TV Box on which it says Rk3188, CS968 so in order to solve me issue I navigated to this forum. Hopefully I'm at the right one.

A few days ago, I found my TV Box trying to boot (I never turned it off), but it wouldn't boot, it just got stuck at that green Android guy with that spinning thing. I trying flashing some other firmwares I found while googling around, but no luck. When I plug it in, it says failed to mount sdcard etc, then it formats data and cache and returns to the android guy with the spinning thing.

Can someone help me please?
    Thank you in advance
    Flash firmware again and leave 5 minutes before unplugging from PC.
    Are you using KitKat firmware, rom that was released after 1 June 2014?
    MTK or AP6210 wifi?

Comment

Flashed it and left it for 5 minutes before unplugging - still gives me the same problem.
      It just goes into recovery and says failed to mount /metadata failed to mount /ext_sdcard and then it wipes /data and /cache.

The FW version is
      4.4.02 and FW time is 2014-07-12 21:53:39 (This info comes from Rockchip Batch Tool)

I dont know whether it is MTK or AP6210, how do I check?

Any other piece of advice would be appreciated

Comment

Flashed it and left it for 5 minutes before unplugging - still gives me the same problem.
        It just goes into recovery and says failed to mount /metadata failed to mount /ext_sdcard and then it wipes /data and /cache.

The FW version is
        4.4.02 and FW time is 2014-07-12 21:53:39 (This info comes from Rockchip Batch Tool)

I dont know whether it is MTK or AP6210, how do I check?

Any other piece of advice would be appreciated
        Only way to find out wifi chip now is to open the tv box and post a picture of the small square wifi chip.
        If you still had the stock firmware running you could type 'su dmesg' in terminal app from the play store.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
          Only way to find out wifi chip now is to open the tv box and post a picture of the small square wifi chip.
          If you still had the stock firmware running you could type 'su dmesg' in terminal app from the play store.
          Here you go, dunno what I'm looking for so hopefully you can see for me haha
          Thank you so much!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tria.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	434126Click image for larger version

Name:	dio.jpg
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	434127Click image for larger version

Name:	ena.jpg
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	434128

Comment

I think the problem is that it goes into recovery as soon as I plug it in. It fails to mount /metadata and /external_sd and then it wipes /data and /cache.

Is there a way to bypass the formatting? Or any other way to resolve the issue?

Comment

Bump^ problem not solved yet, somebody please help?

Comment

Cloudnetgo

Bump^ problem not solved yet, somebody please help?
                My board looks identical to yours and the only firmware I can get to work on it is the official Cloudnetgo located elsewhere in this forum. With any others I get the same symptoms as you. Hope this helps

Comment

If you are kind enough, would you please provide me with the link to the post? I searched "cloudnetgo", but found too many posts and i don't know which one worked for you.

Thank you!

Comment

Nothing is wrong with your box ok, uplug your box for about 30 minutes, let it reset ... Next try to install the CS968 MTK T018 ROM build found here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-so-Pre-Rooted ... This ROM build is already rooted with all the goodies ... If you continue to have issues, get back with me ASAP ...!

PS:In the Settings Area> Developers option> USB debugging must check marked and go Settings> USB>, Connect To PC must be check marked ...! Don't forget to stick a paperclip in the hole to connect to your computer ...!

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
                      Nothing is wrong with your box ok, uplug your box for about 30 minutes, let it reset ... Next try to install the CS968 MTK T018 ROM build found here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-so-Pre-Rooted ... This ROM build is already rooted with all the goodies ... If you continue to have issues, get back with me ASAP ...!

PS:In the Settings Area> Developers option> USB debugging must check marked and go Settings> USB>, Connect To PC must be check marked ...! Don't forget to stick a paperclip in the hole to connect to your computer ...!
                      So I've unplugged my box for 30 minutes, and installed the ROM you provided me with. Still nothing. It goes into recovery, fails to mount /metadata and /external_sd, wipes /data and /cache and then it just stays on the android guy with the spinning thing, and it wont boot into my system. Btw how can I go in the Settings area when I can't even boot into my system? Doesn't really matter though, my box connects to my computer and I don't even have to stick a paperclip in, I just plug it in through the OTG port.

Comment

So I've unplugged my box for 30 minutes, and installed the ROM you provided me with. Still nothing. It goes into recovery, fails to mount /metadata and /external_sd, wipes /data and /cache and then it just stays on the android guy with the spinning thing, and it wont boot into my system. Btw how can I go in the Settings area when I can't even boot into my system? Doesn't really matter though, my box connects to my computer and I don't even have to stick a paperclip in, I just plug it in through the OTG port.
                        SlayerCy1 Look, please follow my instructions to the "T" ... That's a good sign, if you see the spinning Android icon man, that tells me noting is wrong with your box ...

One more time SlayerCy1, unplug the box for 30 minutes, let it reset ... Connect your box to your PC via the OTG port, we want to see the spinning Android icon man, that's good ...!

Instructions

1.\ You still have to STICK/INSERT the paperclip in the hole, holding the paperclip in, until your computer makes a SOUND ...

2.\ Open the 1.7 Batch Tool and select the new ROM build you want to install to your box, click on "Restore", that's it, let it run ...

Comment

SlayerCy1 Look, please follow my instructions to the "T" ... That's a good sign, if you see the spinning Android icon man, that tells me noting is wrong with your box ...

One more time SlayerCy1, unplug the box for 30 minutes, let it reset ... Connect your box to your PC via the OTG port, we want to see the spinning Android icon man, that's good ...!

Instructions

1.\ You still have to STICK/INSERT the paperclip in the hole, holding the paperclip in, until your computer makes a SOUND ...

2.\ Open the 1.7 Batch Tool and select the new ROM build you want to install to your box, click on "Restore", that's it, let it run ...

Okay, I unplugged it for 30 minutes and let it reset.
                          I inserted the usb cable in the OTG port, while pressing the paper clip in.
                          My computer makes a sound, and I go on the 1.7 Batch Tool.
                          The device appears connected.
                          I choose your ROM and click "Restore".
                          It finishes succesfully, I safely remove the box and connect it to my tv.
                          It immediately goes into recovery, it says failed to mount /metadata and /mnt/external_sd, and then it formats /data and /cache.
                          It reboots and then we go back to the android guy with the spinning thing. (I've attached a picture)
                          It never boots into my system

I don't know how to do this, because I can't boot into my system
                          PS:In the Settings Area> Developers option> USB debugging must check marked and go Settings> USB>, Connect To PC must be check marked ...!
                          Any other piece of advice?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	tvbox.jpg
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	434164

Comment

Okay, I unplugged it for 30 minutes and let it reset.
                            I inserted the usb cable in the OTG port, while pressing the paper clip in.
                            My computer makes a sound, and I go on the 1.7 Batch Tool.
                            The device appears connected.
                            I choose your ROM and click "Restore".
                            It finishes succesfully, I safely remove the box and connect it to my tv.
                            It immediately goes into recovery, it says failed to mount /metadata and /mnt/external_sd, and then it formats /data and /cache.
                            It reboots and then we go back to the android guy with the spinning thing. (I've attached a picture)
                            It never boots into my system

I don't know how to do this, because I can't boot into my system

Any other piece of advice?
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7176[/ATTACH]
                            Ok, I see what you are saying now, their is something else wrong with your box ... Pay no attention to in yeliow wrting,
                            {It immediately goes into recovery, it says failed to mount /metadata and /mnt/external_sd}

Their is a thread in here that explains how to do the 8 and 9 hot pin boot up ... That's what I now believe you may have to do to fully recover your box to a bootable state ... I will look for the thread and post it here ..

Comment

Ok, I see what you are saying now, their is something else wrong with your box ... Pay no attention to in yeliow wrting,
                              {It immediately goes into recovery, it says failed to mount /metadata and /mnt/external_sd}

Their is a thread in here that explains how to do the 8 and 9 hot pin boot up ... That's what I now believe you may have to do to fully recover your box to a bootable state ... I will look for the thread and post it here ..
                              Alright, thanks, I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                              X