Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a relatively unknown Smart TV stick. Andersson ADS2.1. Any firmware i can change / roms I can use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and this gave me the same - only a ugoos logo. 4 times i waited this time...

Comment

That one is the same one as the second 4.4 you flashed. They're identical. Try a finless or rikomagic from the iMito MX1 section.

I thought I read that you made a nand backup. I interpreted that to mean you had a nand backup of each of your partitions.

For future safeguards, use rkflashkit in linux and dump each of your nand partitions for a clean and efficient backup in the event of problems. I'd recommend it even for those who do no plan on testing different firmware.

It only takes a few minutes to backup your partitions using rkflashkit. I'm sorry I assumed it was done and didn't mention it earlier.

Comment

nope had done clockworkmod full backup.

question is if i can somehow adb my way into that...or flash a clockworkmod via adb + reboot into recovery?

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
        That one is the same one as the second 4.4 you flashed. They're identical. Try a finless or rikomagic from the iMito MX1 section.

I thought I read that you made a nand backup. I interpreted that to mean you had a nand backup of each of your partitions.

For future safeguards, use rkflashkit in linux and dump each of your nand partitions for a clean and efficient backup in the event of problems. I'd recommend it even for those who do no plan on testing different firmware.

It only takes a few minutes to backup your partitions using rkflashkit. I'm sorry I assumed it was done and didn't mention it earlier.

Comment

how do I flash the ones w several images?

1.7 only allows one img - and 2.1 makes no sense to me - i can't even load a file...
          Originally posted by fireplayer View Post
          nope had done clockworkmod full backup.

question is if i can somehow adb my way into that...or flash a clockworkmod via adb + reboot into recovery?

Comment

If you don't find a solution I can help you learn the tools via teamviewer later if that's fine with you.

Comment

I'm in a very interesting position now.

I found an imito rom that booted me into android recovery, from where I managed to load my update1.zip = my last clockworkmod, from where i managed to restore everything - all my nandroid info went great to reinstall, and I was 100% sure i was safely home.

so when I rebooted clockworkmod I was 110% expecting the rom to boot perfectly.

well, it didn't.

it rebooted into clockworkmod. I got a friggin clockworkmod bootloop - that is where I'm at right now.

trying for a kitkat rom again now...

If you don't find a solution I can help you learn the tools via teamviewer later if that's fine with you.

Comment

retried the first kk rom you sent - still bootloop smart tv logo / green droid

what is teamviewer?

I'm in a very interesting position now.

I found an imito rom that booted me into android recovery, from where I managed to load my update1.zip = my last clockworkmod, from where i managed to restore everything - all my nandroid info went great to reinstall, and I was 100% sure i was safely home.

so when I rebooted clockworkmod I was 110% expecting the rom to boot perfectly.

well, it didn't.

it rebooted into clockworkmod. I got a friggin clockworkmod bootloop - that is where I'm at right now.

trying for a kitkat rom again now...

Comment

Have a relatively unknown Smart TV stick. Andersson ADS2.1. Any firmware i ca...

Fireplayer if you dont have the original partitions of the rom for your stick i guess it will be very hard to boot correctly your device. Maybe you can go to the shop that you bought the device and ask for the partitions if you cant find them online. The bootloop that you have, usually to me happens when i have a boot.img that wasnt meant for my stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  FIRMWARE & HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR ANDROID TV STICKS
                  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApGXribKk_8gdEc3YnlmOHlfRlRQVUxFbkJ3Zzg3U EE&output=html
                  My Plexi MK802IV mod
                  http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...xi-MK802IV-mod

Comment

...you don't need it now. Now you just need to find a ROM that drives your stick.

Comment

and the nandroid backup on cwm is no help for such a thing??

Originally posted by neoal View Post
                      Fireplayer if you dont have the original partitions of the rom for your stick i guess it will be very hard to boot correctly your device. Maybe you can go to the shop that you bought the device and ask for the partitions if you cant find them online. The bootloop that you have, usually to me happens when i have a boot.img that wasnt meant for my stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

btw I read a post on someone having penguins on boot up loop.

my original rom had penguins booting up...do penguins give a clue of what rom to use?

and the nandroid backup on cwm is no help for such a thing??

Comment

You may be able to get your system and boot from that backup but it's and advanced process not something easy for a beginner. Still, I thnik you'll find a suitable ROM as I've seen this happen literally dozens of times on several devices.

Comment

i trust you - but have no idea what rom that might be... the penguins are not rom / device specific?

You may be able to get your system and boot from that backup but it's and advanced process not something easy for a beginner. Still, I thnik you'll find a suitable ROM as I've seen this happen literally dozens of times on several devices.

Comment

I'm trying to do the MK808B Finless 2.1 Rom but I can't figure out how to get into flash mode.

None of the 3 ways work.

*edit* didn't have to... either way after flashing that I only got into android recovery.

i trust you - but have no idea what rom that might be... the penguins are not rom / device specific?
                              Last edited by fireplayer; 07-26-2014, 20:53.

Comment

trying clockworkmod + nandroid restore again... hoping for better...

the very slightly different thing with my cwm recovery bootloop - is that just before entering cwm I see a Google TV logo, that is 1/4 of the screen.
                                I'm trying to do the MK808B Finless 2.1 Rom but I can't figure out how to get into flash mode.

None of the 3 ways work.

*edit* didn't have to... either way after flashing that I only got into android recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X