Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keylayout for 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad - Rii Mini i8, Hausbell mini H7, etc ---S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keylayout for 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad - Rii Mini i8, Hausbell mini H7, etc ---S89

Hello, after plenty of research and be able to finally download the KeyTest.apk app i succesfully remapped few buttons of my Hausbell mini H7 remote with Touchpad to work much better in my Tornsmart Vega S89 Elite (But it should work with other android devices)

The remapped buttons are the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	51wkSGGriBL.jpg
Views:	8400
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	439404

a. All of you that own this kind of remote know that by default the HOME button does nothing and the e button takes you to HOME instead. This is now corrected! and the e button it is now MENU.

b. About the POWER/WAKE function, it actually doesn't POWER OFF the device but i think the device goes to SLEEP or SUSPEND i don't know how to know exactly which of the two does but does it well.

When you press F10 once the BLUE LED of the BOX turns RED and the tv screen turns BLUE with a No Signal warning. If you press F10 once more it will WAKE the device and the RED LED will turn BLUE, and it works well every time i have tested alot this.

c. For the ones that haven't figured out, to take a screenshot you need to press FN + F7 buttons

d. FN + F8 will make the cursor dissapear, if you press FN + F8 again cursor will reappear

---------------------------

Here is the KeyTest.apk application, i spent lots of time trying to download from several places but it always linked to the github page of the dev and from there it never even started downloading the app.

Mirror: KeyTest.apk

--------------------------

Keylayout files with reemapped buttons:

Hausbell Mmini i8: Vendor_1220_Product_0008.kl
    Rii Mini H7: Vendor_1997_Product_2433.kl

- First make sure you have RW permissions to / ("root"), i used ES File Explorer app to do so
    - Download and Copy the file under /system/usr/keylayout and change permissions to rw-r-r
    - Reboot for changes to take effect. Done!

SAME MODEL BUT DIFFERENT BRAND?

Then you will need the specific VENDOR and PRODUCT ID of your remote. To obtain them please follow the instructions of this post:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post209216

Don't forget to post the Branch name, it's VENDOR and PRODUCT ID to help other users with the same remote.

TO BE RESOLVED:

Does anyone know the keycode to open APP DRAWER?. I want to open it from a dedicated button in my remote. I think it is possible as i own an Equiso dongle that came with a fly mouse+qwert keyboard and that remote has a dedicated button that opens the app drawer in the default launcher (it wouldn't work with any other launcher) that came with the dongle which has ICS installed.

Is there a keycode to really POWER OFF the device?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JDfense; 01-01-2016, 22:16.

awesome

Thank you so very much for the time you have spent on this...
    it's like you were reading my mind

Once again thank you soooo ery much

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
    Hello, after plenty of research and be able to finally download the KeyTest.apk app i succesfully remapped few buttons of my Hausbell mini H7 remote with Touchpad to work much better in my Tornsmart Vega S89 Elite (But it should work with other android devices)

The remapped buttons are the following:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7255[/ATTACH]
    a. All of you that own this kind of remote knows that by default the HOME button does nothing and the e button takes you to HOME instead. This is now corrected! and the e button it is now MENU.

b. About the POWER/WAKE function, it actually doesn't POWER OFF the device but i think the device goes to SLEEP or SUSPEND i don't know how to know exactly which of the two does but does it well.

When you press F10 once the BLUE LED of the BOX turns RED and the tv screen turns BLUE with a No Signal warning. If you press F10 once more it will WAKE the device and the RED LED will turn BLUE, and it works well every time i have tested alot this.

c. For the ones that haven't figured out, to take a screenshot you need to press FN + F7 buttons

d. FN + F8 will make the cursor dissapear, if you press FN + F8 again cursor will reappear

---------------------------

Here is the [ATTACH]7257[/ATTACH] application, i spent lots of time trying to download from several places but it always linked to the github page of the dev and from there it never even started downloading the app.

Mirror: KeyTest.apk

--------------------------

Here is the Vendor_1220_Product_0008.kl file with the remapped buttons.

- First make sure you have RW permissions to / ("root"), i used ES File Explorer app to do so
    - Paste the file under /system/usr/keylayout and change permissions to rw-r-r
    - Reboot for changes to take effect. Done!

TO BE RESOLVED:

Does anyone know the keycode to open APP DRAWER?. I want to open it from a dedicated button in my remote. I think it is possible as i own an Equiso dongle that came with a fly mouse+qwert keyboard and that remote has a dedicated button that opens the app drawer in the default launcher (it wouldn't work with any other launcher) that came with the dongle which has ICS installed.

Is there a keycode to really POWER OFF the device?

Comment

Can't quite get it

Hi Veronica,

Thanks for putting the effort into this. It is a frustration I've had with my Rii Mini i8, especially the lack of a menu key.

I followed your instructions closely but didn't get the desired outcome. My keys are not remapped according to your file. There are a number of .kl files in the directory so I'm wondering if I need to remove some of them or in some way point the device to the new file.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow925 View Post
        Hi Veronica,

Thanks for putting the effort into this. It is a frustration I've had with my Rii Mini i8, especially the lack of a menu key.

I followed your instructions closely but didn't get the desired outcome. My keys are not remapped according to your file. There are a number of .kl files in the directory so I'm wondering if I need to remove some of them or in some way point the device to the new file.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Thanks.
        did you give the correct permissions and rebooted device?

Comment

Permissions

I think I put the permissions in correctly although that part was a little confusing.

For the file itself I put:
          Owner:Read and Write not Execute
          Group: Read and not write or execute
          Other: Read and not write or execute

The Keylayout folder is:
          Owner:Read, Write and Execute
          Group:Read, Write and Execute
          Other:Read, Write and Execute

Root folder is:
          Owner:Read, Write and Execute
          Group:None
          Other:None

The rebooting part I was able to figure out.

Comment

Correct, but if still doesn't work then i think the Rii mini i8 has different VENDOR ID and PRODUCT ID.

To obtain them do the following:

Connect your keyboard to your Android Box (via USB receiver, USB cable or bluetooth) and open Terminal Emulator app (download it from play store if you don't have it)

Enter the following commands separated:

cat /proc/bus/input/devices
            lsusb

MY METHOD (It will reduce the list of probabilities considerably)
            - Once you get the output of both commands, COMPARE them and FIND the Vendor and Product iD's (e.g. 05ac and 258d) that MATCH....

- You should get about 2 matches to work with.
            NOTE: to navigate within Terminal Emulator app you need to drag and drop the mouse cursor.

* Once you have a Vendor and Product ID's, rename the .kl file with them...
            e.g: if the new Vendor ID is 05ac and Product ID is 258d then the .kl file should be renamed like Vendor_05ac_Product_258d.kl
            * Replace file
            * Correct permissions again
            * Reboot device

Comment

Brilliant suggestion Veronica. I used your directions and got it working.

For those with the Rii Mini i8, the Vendor ID is 1997 and the device ID is 2433.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

you're welcome, thanks for posting the vendor and product id's of the rii mini i8. i'll update op later with this info

Comment

Thanks for the kl files! and thanks for the guide. It will help a lot of users.
                  REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                  My devices:
                  Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                  MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                  Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                  Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                  Gearbest.com)
                  MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                  Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I have this remote too, but my device is 8301:0089, I tested your kl file and works great for me.

leolas
                    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                    My devices:
                    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                    Gearbest.com)
                    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

any idea how to change the language input

i have a hausbell keyboard and for the life of me cant figure out how to change language input. running it with tronsmart vega.

Comment

I have spent the last two hours trying to get this to work and I can't. Can anyone give me a simple step by step guide please?
                        Thanks

Comment

The first time I used terminal emulator I got vendor 1997 and product 2433 however, now when I check it has changed and nothing matches

Comment

Originally posted by SSThing View Post
                            The first time I used terminal emulator I got vendor 1997 and product 2433 however, now when I check it has changed and nothing matches
                            HI, did you run both commands and got a match?

Comment

Now, when I run both commands, there are no matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X