Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keylayout for 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad - Rii Mini i8, Hausbell mini H7, etc ---S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odp: Keylayout for 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad - Rii Mini i8, Hausbell mini H7, etc

Originally posted by SSThing View Post
    Don't waste your time, just install External keyboard Helper from the Play store and remap the keys yourself. I spent a week trying to get this to work and couldn't.
    I was installed external Keyboard Helper pro yesterday but home key after remap to HOME function go to luncher on not all apk, it not work to leave xbmc, oryginał home key "e" do it from all apk, always go to main home page when put it. I try remap other key as MEDIA STOP and it no work on xbmc like on first post.
    Other Kays like MENU works great after remap.

I was try to copy that *. Kl file to keylayout folder on my Nexus 7 tablet, change permission, mount rw/r again root and system before and after all changes. At the end I was reset tablet, plug in usb reciver to otg port and on my keyboard rii i8 and... No changes after that. Play button runs Google play, "e" key works as home and home key still do nothing etc.

That method no works on minix neo x7 and nexus 7 tablet.
    Maybe there is bug in instructions in 1st page of topic.?
    Last edited by Fedur; 09-25-2014, 19:47.

Comment

Originally posted by portezbie View Post
      I have the "Hausbell ® Mini H7 2.4GHz Wireless Entertainment Keyboard with Touchpad for PC, Pad, Andriod TV Box, Google TV Box, Xbox360, PS3 & HTPC/IPTV (Black)" purchased from Amazon.

The follow vendor/product worked for me: 0c40/8000

Hope this helps.

Btw, anyone know if any of the keys function as a stop button? One of the only things I'm really missing.
      yes, i remapped the "play" rounded button on top of the mail button as a stop button. check the pic on first post, it's all pointed out there

Comment

Originally posted by Fedur View Post
        I was installed external Keyboard Helper pro yesterday but home key after remap to HOME function go to luncher on not all apk, it not work to leave xbmc, oryginał home key "e" do it from all apk, always go to main home page when put it. I try remap other key as MEDIA STOP and it no work on xbmc like on first post.
        Other Kays like MENU works great after remap.

I was try to copy that *. Kl file to keylayout folder on my Nexus 7 tablet, change permission, mount rw/r again root and system before and after all changes. At the end I was reset tablet, plug in usb reciver to otg port and on my keyboard rii i8 and... No changes after that. Play button runs Google play, "e" key works as home and home key still do nothing etc.

That method no works on minix neo x7 and nexus 7 tablet.
        Maybe there is bug in instructions in 1st page of topic.?
        then you'll have to do it yourself for those devices keylayout format.
        Here is a link that helped me in the process, use that and the info in this thread for better results.
        thriveforums.org ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf thriveforums.org alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
          yes, i remapped the "play" rounded button on top of the mail button as a stop button. check the pic on first post, it's all pointed out there
          Thanks veronica! I should've read the post more carefully, sorry.

Comment

Odp: Keylayout for 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad - Rii Mini i8, Hausbell mini H7, etc

then you'll have to do it yourself for those devices keylayout format.
            Here is a link that helped me in the process, use that and the info in this thread for better results.
            thriveforums.org ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf thriveforums.org alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Good luck!
            Thank you, I was read that few days before. Generic. Kl if is changed it change keylayout for all devices on that devices, I don't whant it. I whant only for that specific keyboard with Touchpad. I was remaped some keys on external Keyboard Helper and I'm almost happy. Stop media don't work on SPMC xbmc. It dont stop video when I press it. Maybe some one will find a way why making specific keylayout don't work for others like me. It's the best way. Thank you for help.

Comment

Thank you, I was read that few days before. Generic. Kl if is changed it change keylayout for all devices on that devices, I don't whant it. I whant only for that specific keyboard with Touchpad. I was remaped some keys on external Keyboard Helper and I'm almost happy. Stop media don't work on SPMC xbmc. It dont stop video when I press it. Maybe some one will find a way why making specific keylayout don't work for others like me. It's the best way. Thank you for help.
              You dont use generic.kl file you must copy paste it somewhere else and RENAME IT using the structure as i explain in first post, do all changes and then copy paste it back to the proper folder. It's not hard to do

Comment

You dont use generic.kl file you must copy paste it somewhere else and RENAME IT using the structure as i explain in first post, do all changes and then copy paste it back to the proper folder. It's not hard to do
                OK. I used my genetic.kl file, I copy it and renamed to Vendor_1997_Product_2433.kl file and put it on system/usr/keylayout with rw-r-r permission. I edited that file and reboot system on my nexus tablet and it works now.
                Now I need to do the same on minix neo x7.
                I changed keys:
                F8 - key 68 MUSIC
                F9 - key 67 ALL_APP
                Win key - key 125 APP_SWITCH
                HOME symbol Key - key 144 HOME
                PLAY symbol key - key 171 MEDIA_STOP
                'e' symbol key - 172 MENU

From now home keys take me to the luncher home, play media key when Prees stop music or video on xbmc, mxplayer etc. e key near home open menu on apk etc, f8 open Google music, but f9 and Win key do nothing when pressed.
                Your recent app /app switch key no work for me. I made the same command like in linked vendor... Kl file.

I try do the same on minix neo x7 and that way don't work, only on my tablet
                I use custom Quickshot v2 rom, maybe there is a problem?
                Last edited by Fedur; 10-02-2014, 06:36.

Comment

Just ordered these keyboards awesome

Comment

Keylayout files with reemapped buttons:

Hausbell Mmini i8: Vendor_1220_Product_0008.kl
                    Rii Mini H7: Vendor_1997_Product_2433.kl

- First make sure you have RW permissions to / ("root"), i used ES File Explorer app to do so
                    - Download and Copy the file under /system/usr/keylayout and change permissions to rw-r-r
                    - Reboot for changes to take effect. Done!

SAME MODEL BUT DIFFERENT BRAND?

Then you will need the specific VENDOR and PRODUCT ID of your remote. To obtain them please follow the instructions of this post:

Don't forget to post the Branch name, it's VENDOR and PRODUCT ID to help other users with the same remote.

[/B]
                    Hi Veronica; first off thank you for all the info you've posted. I was about to return this remote before coming across your thread.

On the first step below you mention RW permissions to / ('root"), you're refering to the root directory ('/') and not "root priviligies" ('#' Super user), right? In other words, does my device need to
                    be rooted to copy this to the keylayout folder?

- First make sure you have RW permissions to / ("root"), i used ES File Explorer app to do so
                    - Download and Copy the file under /system/usr/keylayout and change permissions to rw-r-r

and to just recap; I would need to download the file below, and rename it according to the vendor and product numbers I find through emulator's command;
                    cat /proc/bus/input/devices
                    lsusb

Vendor_1220_Product_0008.kl

is this correct?

Muchas gracias por ayuda Veronica, voy a intentar tu solucion cuando llegue a casa. !!!!

Originally posted by portezbie View Post
                    I have the "Hausbell ® Mini H7 2.4GHz Wireless Entertainment Keyboard with Touchpad for PC, Pad, Andriod TV Box, Google TV Box, Xbox360, PS3 & HTPC/IPTV (Black)" purchased from Amazon.

The follow vendor/product worked for me: 0c40/8000

Hope this helps.

Btw, anyone know if any of the keys function as a stop button? One of the only things I'm really missing.

I bought mine through Amazon also. Exactly the same title. I wonder if it's the same seller, as there are quite a few there.

Last edited by felipeqr; 10-16-2014, 20:07.

Comment

Yes with / i meant root directory and yes you do need root to copy files to "System" folder and subfolders.

Another yes you need to rename the .kl file according to the vendor and product id's of your remote control.

I think instructions are clear and it seem they're clear for you also

Please remove the long Quote of the first post it's not needed and i find it annoying sorry.

PS: if a mod or finless read this, i would like to know why can't i edit First Post?, i've read about others having the same problem. Thanks
                      Last edited by Veronica; 10-17-2014, 03:10.

Comment

So the device itself needs to be Rooted for this to work.
                        Thanks for clarifying. I think that should've been mentioned on the first post. It would save a lot of people a lot of frustration.
                        I'm not using this remote on a tablet. I'm using it for an android tv box and the missing menu button is a deal breaker for me.

Now the first order of business is to try to root the device and then try this fix.

If not I'll return this remote. It's a shame they advertise it as for "android tv" add a ton of buttons but miss a crucial one.

Comment

i've only tested this on my tronsmart vega s89 and that is why i posted in this forum, all roms for S802 SoC come rooted already so i didn't need to state that.

If others want to test in different android device and does not work then look for a link to a tutorial i gave some posts ago, i can't help. It works for me in this specific box where i use this type of remote control.

Comment

Hello, after plenty of research and be able to finally download the KeyTest.apk app i succesfully remapped few buttons of my Hausbell mini H7 remote with Touchpad to work much better in my Tornsmart Vega S89 Elite (But it should work with other android devices)

The remapped buttons are the following:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7255[/ATTACH]

a. All of you that own this kind of remote know that by default the HOME button does nothing and the e button takes you to HOME instead. This is now corrected! and the e button it is now MENU.

b. About the POWER/WAKE function, it actually doesn't POWER OFF the device but i think the device goes to SLEEP or SUSPEND i don't know how to know exactly which of the two does but does it well.

When you press F10 once the BLUE LED of the BOX turns RED and the tv screen turns BLUE with a No Signal warning. If you press F10 once more it will WAKE the device and the RED LED will turn BLUE, and it works well every time i have tested alot this.

c. For the ones that haven't figured out, to take a screenshot you need to press FN + F7 buttons

d. FN + F8 will make the cursor dissapear, if you press FN + F8 again cursor will reappear

---------------------------

Here is the [ATTACH]7257[/ATTACH] application, i spent lots of time trying to download from several places but it always linked to the github page of the dev and from there it never even started downloading the app.

Mirror: KeyTest.apk

--------------------------

Then you will need the specific VENDOR and PRODUCT ID of your remote. To obtain them please follow the instructions of this post:

Don't forget to post the Branch name, it's VENDOR and PRODUCT ID to help other users with the same remote.

TO BE RESOLVED:

Does anyone know the keycode to open APP DRAWER?. I want to open it from a dedicated button in my remote. I think it is possible as i own an Equiso dongle that came with a fly mouse+qwert keyboard and that remote has a dedicated button that opens the app drawer in the default launcher (it wouldn't work with any other launcher) that came with the dongle which has ICS installed.

Is there a keycode to really POWER OFF the device?
                            OK. I used my genetic.kl file, I copy it and renamed to Vendor_1997_Product_2433.kl file and put it on system/usr/keylayout with rw-r-r permission. I edited that file and reboot system on my nexus tablet and it works now.
                            Now I need to do the same on minix neo x7.
                            I changed keys:
                            F8 - key 68 MUSIC
                            F9 - key 67 ALL_APP
                            Win key - key 125 APP_SWITCH
                            HOME symbol Key - key 144 HOME
                            PLAY symbol key - key 171 MEDIA_STOP
                            'e' symbol key - 172 MENU

From now home keys take me to the luncher home, play media key when Prees stop music or video on xbmc, mxplayer etc. e key near home open menu on apk etc, f8 open Google music, but f9 and Win key do nothing when pressed.
                            Your recent app /app switch key no work for me. I made the same command like in linked vendor... Kl file.

I try do the same on minix neo x7 and that way don't work, only on my tablet
                            I use custom Quickshot v2 rom, maybe there is a problem?
                            i've only tested this on my tronsmart vega s89 and that is why i posted in this forum, all roms for S802 SoC come rooted already so i didn't need to state that.

If others want to test in different android device and does not work then look for a link to a tutorial i gave some posts ago, i can't help. It works for me in this specific box where i use this type of remote control.
                            Thanks a lot Veronica.

Enjoy

Comment

touchpad not working

I got one of these keypad, my son played with it and now the touchpad is not working. the FN+ F8 is not working. Any idea?

Hello, after plenty of research and be able to finally download the KeyTest.apk app i succesfully remapped few buttons of my Hausbell mini H7 remote with Touchpad to work much better in my Tornsmart Vega S89 Elite (But it should work with other android devices)

The remapped buttons are the following:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7255[/ATTACH]

a. All of you that own this kind of remote know that by default the HOME button does nothing and the e button takes you to HOME instead. This is now corrected! and the e button it is now MENU.

b. About the POWER/WAKE function, it actually doesn't POWER OFF the device but i think the device goes to SLEEP or SUSPEND i don't know how to know exactly which of the two does but does it well.

When you press F10 once the BLUE LED of the BOX turns RED and the tv screen turns BLUE with a No Signal warning. If you press F10 once more it will WAKE the device and the RED LED will turn BLUE, and it works well every time i have tested alot this.

c. For the ones that haven't figured out, to take a screenshot you need to press FN + F7 buttons

d. FN + F8 will make the cursor dissapear, if you press FN + F8 again cursor will reappear

---------------------------

Here is the [ATTACH]7257[/ATTACH] application, i spent lots of time trying to download from several places but it always linked to the github page of the dev and from there it never even started downloading the app.

Mirror: KeyTest.apk

--------------------------

TO BE RESOLVED:

Does anyone know the keycode to open APP DRAWER?. I want to open it from a dedicated button in my remote. I think it is possible as i own an Equiso dongle that came with a fly mouse+qwert keyboard and that remote has a dedicated button that opens the app drawer in the default launcher (it wouldn't work with any other launcher) that came with the dongle which has ICS installed.

Is there a keycode to really POWER OFF the device?

Comment

Keylayout for 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad - Rii Mini i8, Hausbell mini H7, etc

Originally posted by nebil View Post
                                I got one of these keypad, my son played with it and now the touchpad is not working. the FN+ F8 is not working. Any idea?
                                Try to charge the battery. Maybe your battery level is too low.

Comment

Working...
                                X