iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM 1.3

This ROM is based on an official iFive firmware update dated 7/25/14.

This fixes problems we were having with being able to write to both internal and external SD cards. Also, you have unlimited (sort of) user app space for apps without having to change the EBR files.

So here's what you need to do:

1. Run the flash tool and verify that I got all of the file paths correct. Choose which recovery you want to flash (stock or cwm).
    2. In the flash tool, change the mode from "download only" to "Format All + Download"...otherwise you will get an error.
    3. Make sure you have a backup of your IMEI number because this flash will totally erase everything except your external SD.
    4. With the tablet turned off, click "download" on the flash tool...then connect the tablet via USB and the flash process will start.
    5. Once the flash is finished, unplug the USB and turn on the tablet in recovery mode by holding down the vol+ button and power. When you boot to recovery, do a wipe/factory reset. Then reboot the system.

The first boot will take a long time, so be patient.

If you go to settings/storage you will find that the storage structure has changed. Apps will be installed to your internal storage (I haven't found exactly where, yet...but I haven't spent a lot of time looking).

If you have an external SD, you can change the default write setting to the external SD.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    init.d/busybox support
    Google Play Store fixes added
    Your choice of stock or cwm recovery.
    English as default language

Download

Enjoy!!!!

Please don't forget to donate!!!!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Tnx for the quick update !
    Have you had a chance to look at my question in the 1.2 thread regarding Chromecast?

Will you also support flashing through cwm in the future? I assume that with this version thats impossible due to the repartitioning of the phone storage/internal SD?

Comment

That is correct. Even iFive says you must flash this firmware by PC.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

I'm not sure about chromecast. I haven't tried it.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Help

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

So here's what you need to do:

1. Run the flash tool and verify that I got all of the file paths correct. Choose which recovery you want to flash (stock or cwm).
          2. In the flash tool, change the mode from "download only" to "Format All + Download"...otherwise you will get an error.
          3. Make sure you have a backup of your IMEI number because this flash will totally erase everything except your external SD.
          4. With the tablet turned off, click "download" on the flash tool...then connect the tablet via USB and the flash process will start.
          5. Once the flash is finished, unplug the USB and turn on the tablet in recovery mode by holding down the vol+ button and power. When you boot to recovery, do a wipe/factory reset. Then reboot the system.

Need help flashing. Doesn't seem to work for me plus I have some questions on the instructions.
          My system is Windows 7 x64. I believe I have installed drivers correctly as the device -when turned on and connected by USB- is recognized by computer.

Ad 1. Where-o-where do I select CWM or stock recovery?? Can't seem to find such option in the flash tool??
          Ad 1. Which files go into which paths?? Right now, I have the 'MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin' in the download agent and the 'MT6592_Android_scatter' in the Scatter-loading. Have selected 'Format All + Download' just like instructed, tablet was turned off, pressed download, connect tab... nothing really happens from there on. I only see a large battery icon in centre of screen. Nothing else... What is going wrong??

Comment

The problem you are having with starting the download (flash) is common. It happened to me a couple of times, but I forgot to mention it in the instructions.

Since the tablet is designed to show the battery charging screen when you plug it in, it takes a few tries with the tablet turned off to get it to download. If you get the battery animation...unplug the USB, let the screen go black and plug it back in. It may take a few tries to get it to connect. When the red/yellow line across the bottom appears you are connected. Otherwise, you may have a driver issue. The driver for flashing is different from the driver that connects as a mass storage device. You need to install the ADB drivers.

To flash CWM, open the flash tool. You will see the list of the ROM elements on the screen. On the recovery line, click to the path field and browse to the RileyROM folder and select recover_cwm.img.

You can actually flash cwm by itself later by unchecking all of the other elements and use the download only mode.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

... Otherwise, you may have a driver issue. The driver for flashing is different from the driver that connects as a mass storage device. You need to install the ADB drivers.
              It worked! Turned out indeed it was a driver issue. Had to manually install the drivers. The whole process of installing drivers including the driver package I found all appear very dodgy/not entirely trustworthy to me.
              But I did it nevertheless... And did end-up with your rom on my tablet!

Now its time for testing!

Comment

Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that chromecast screenmirroring works. I used an older version of the app 😀!

Comment

This ROM is based on an official iFive firmware update dated 7/25/14.

Download

Enjoy!!!!

Please don't forget to donate!!!!!!
                    hi.
                    the links http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/mtk...leyROM_1.3.zip not work!
                    help me.

Comment

Our FTP server is down. We are trying to fix it. Sorry for the trouble.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Thank you Riley.
                        The install worked without any problem.
                        The new storage scheme is better, now the device is seen on my computer without the need of mounting or unmounting the drives.
                        Didn't saw any drawbacks for now.
                        Dun

Comment

Just one thing..
                          I couldnt backup my IMEI using the MobileUncle due to an error accessing the sdcard.
                          I wrote it down to keep it safe.
                          Now I tried both method to put it back (AT+ command) and MobileUncle MTK IMEI Write Tool.
                          Both failed : first say : the command is not in userbuild and the second one says its ok, I have to reboot, and now the IMEI is gone.
                          And with it, my status bar and menubar !!!
                          Any idea to restore it ? I have to re flash ?

Comment

There are plenty of techniques listed on Google. Just search "restoring IMEI Android".

I'm not sure which ones work or not, so I'm not going to provide links to the articles. I haven't tried them.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

BTW, my new ROM fixes the problem with saving to SD...but GPS doesn't work anymore...go figure.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X