X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dun74fr View Post
    Hi,
    I experience a strange problem since 1.3,
    every one or 2 reboots, I loose the statusbar (top of screen), and the main bar (bottom), no way to do anything because there isn't any physical button to go back or home.
    If I reboot it usually comes back. Until the next reboot.
    I primary thought it was due to my imei lost, but I manage to restore it and it still occurs.
    Any idea ? or workaround ?
    Dun
    Hi, I am still having this problem except this time it is each reboot. I can not use anything without the system bars. Do you know how to reactivate them?

Comment

I have not experienced that with mine.

Have you installed any app that goes to full screen mode? Something must be getting stuck at boot time.

You might try flashing the ROM again and test each of your apps and see if you can tell which one is causing the problem....but it may never happen again after that, too.

When you flashed, originally....did you change the EBR files to create a bigger app data partition? After that did you wipe/format the userdata partition with recovery?

Another thing to try is to wipe the cache in recovery and see if it solves the problem.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        I have not experienced that with mine.

Have you installed any app that goes to full screen mode? Something must be getting stuck at boot time.

You might try flashing the ROM again and test each of your apps and see if you can tell which one is causing the problem....but it may never happen again after that, too.

When you flashed, originally....did you change the EBR files to create a bigger app data partition? After that did you wipe/format the userdata partition with recovery?

Another thing to try is to wipe the cache in recovery and see if it solves the problem.
        No, I do not have any fullscreen app. I think something is blocking during the boot. Will try to find out in the log.
        I changed the EBR on 1.2, but during the 1.3 flashing it was all formatted no? I did a wipe yes.
        Will let you know if I find something.
        Thanks

Comment

Have you tried swiping your finger up from the bottom of the screen?
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Have you tried swiping your finger up from the bottom of the screen?
            Yes I tried, it is not hidden, I really think it do not "start" the process.
            Its like when you kill explorer.exe on windows.
            Now it came back, I will try reproduce while reading the logcat to find what it could be.
            It also could be very specific to my tablet, I ve got strange behavior : can start when cold, auto-reboot when fullcharged and plugged ...

Comment

Hi Riley,
              I got an error when I click the about tablet button in setting in 1.3 rom. is it a fault of the file transfer?

Best regards.

Comment

unable to mount /sd ext or emmc ???

First of all thanks for all your hard work. I am a noob but have no problem
                with flashing etc.

I have managed to flash rileyrom 1.3 easily and it appeared to work well.

I had the same problem with 'about tablet' that closes settings but not really a major issue, however when I look at my storage it shows phone storage 15Gb available 0.
                My SD card seems fine. I went into recovery to have a look and saw that the SD ext card was not mounted or emmc so I tried to mount it in recovery but It won't mount ... Any ideas????? I would like to recover the phone storage??????

On a different subject, as I was unable to repair my imei with mobiuncle, I tried to do it by mtkdroid tools which worked after I gained root through it and manually entered my imei number.. Worked for me.

Comment

So you are saying you can't access you internal or external SD card?

On this ROM, the app data is combined with the the internal SD, which makes the partitions a little different. That's why there's only an EMR1 file in the kit. That could explain the change in how things are mounted.

On my tablet, with Xplore file manager I'm able to look at both internal and external SD.

After you flashed the ROM, did you do a wipe/factory reset in recovery? That is supposed to realign all of the partitions properly.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Seems that an update 2.0 is coming.
                    Saw that on xda
                    Dear Friends: I am Happy to introduce you to this interesting iPad mini Retina alternative - Meet - FNF iFive Mini 3GS MTK6592 3G Tablet! Ordered From Banggood.com on 20th May, Received on 8th June, Came well protected in foam box :victory...

Comment

I doubt it. I guess the user at XDA mistaken 3G for 3GS. 2.0.0 firmware for Mini3 3G is indeed released already

Comment

He told me...in the thread...that he received the update OTA. I'm hoping iFive will do a little better job of keeping their download site up to date.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

It's true

He told me...in the thread...that he received the update OTA. I'm hoping iFive will do a little better job of keeping their download site up to date.
                          As I have just said at XDA forum, just upgraded to 1.1.2 and connected to wifi, and update 2.0 appeared, it's a minor update because it's just almost 20mb, I guess they did it to fix problems like the gps issue...
                          I didn't even had the time to root it, maybe this is the reason.
                          Testing...
                          :-( bad news... before upgrade gps connected in just 6-8 seconds, now it's been more than 10min and nothing...I don't know what kind of upgrade is this that even quadrant shows 4000pts less than before.
                          I guess I will try to restore the 1.1.0 nandroid backup I did with riley's cwm. I hope it works
                          Last edited by jackgar; 08-18-2014, 19:07.

Comment

Today I received the new device, I tried to auto update OTA, but it tells me that the system is updated.
                            I have version 1.1.0, I did not update or root the tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by jackgar View Post
                              I guess I will try to restore the 1.1.0 nandroid backup I did with riley's cwm. I hope it works
                              Well, I restored from the backup, it worked, gps syncs really fast, but internal memory appears damaged, and when I try format it, doesn't work. I tried to reflash rileys 1.0 but I get an error, so for the moment I can't go back to 1.1.0. Lest's see if a final gps fix comes...

Comment

Originally posted by dun74fr View Post
                                Hi, I am still having this problem except this time it is each reboot. I can not use anything without the system bars. Do you know how to reactivate them?
                                Install Reboot and everytime it happens softreboot it and voila!!

Comment

Working...
                                X