Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CYX_809III V5_0 20140510 (CX-919, MK809IV clone) not connecting to PC as USB device for flashing / rooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CYX_809III V5_0 20140510 (CX-919, MK809IV clone) not connecting to PC as USB device for flashing / rooting

Hello,

I received this device some days ago: www.****.com/itm/360860201770

[IMG]http://i.****img.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/z/lrYAAOxyuR5TYJd6/$_57.JPG[/IMG]

It is a CX-919 clone with RK3188T + MT6622N bluetooth + ESP8089 wifi (V593 model number on box)

The pcb has CYX_809III V5_0 20140510 and looks similar to the one described here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...N-with-ESP8089

Device info:

I've been trying for days to connect the device to the PC in flash mode and as mass storage device.. I tried 3 PC's, 3 cables and a lot of different ports, with and without powering on DC port, but still no luck.

When I connect from OTG port to PC with micro usb cable, I press and hold the 'fn' button, then insert into USB. This will bring up an 'Unknown Device' that malfunctioned (code 43). There is no PID, or VID, so I can't see anything that resembles a real device. No drivers are installed, and it's impossible to update the drivers to the Rockchip ones. I also tried to install drivers beforehand with RK_DriverAssitant, but it also doesn't bring up the correct device.

I also tried to connect to the pc with the stick already running.. In the following screenshots you can see the options that I selected.. for some reason, it won't connect either, and does not show up as mass storage device or as any other device

My questions:

- What could be the problem? Why is it not detected as Mass Storage Device? when I connect my smartphone to the PC, this always works... Are there any other things that I could try?

- Is there any other way to update the ROM? I tried putting update.img on sd card and mounting it, but this does not give me an update notice in android... Maybe I put the wrong update.img? or should I always get this notice even if the ROM isn't appropriate?

- Because connecting to the PC isn't working, is there any way to root the device without connecting usb cable? I already tried some tools like z4root and towelroot, but they didn't work.

- Is it possible that the device is damaged / bad flash, and how to test this?

Thanks in advance for any help.. I don't know what to do anymore.. The only thing I didn't try is to use the full size usb port (with KEYBOARD MOUSE text in first picture) with a normal full size usb cable, or OTG port with a USB OTG cable + normal usb cable. I've ordered a normal usb male to male cable to see if this will make any difference, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by CoolerKing; 08-12-2014, 15:48.

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
    Hello,

I received this device some days ago: www.****.com/itm/360860201770

[IMG]http://i.****img.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/z/lrYAAOxyuR5TYJd6/$_57.JPG[/IMG]

It is a CX-919 clone with RK3188T + MT6622N bluetooth + ESP8089 wifi (V593 model number on box)

The pcb has CYX_809III_RK3188 and looks similar to the one described here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...N-with-ESP8089

Device info:

I've been trying for days to connect the device to the PC in flash mode and as mass storage device.. I tried 3 PC's, 3 cables and a lot of different ports, with and without powering on DC port, but still no luck.

When I connect from OTG port to PC with micro usb cable, I press and hold the 'fn' button, then insert into USB. This will bring up an 'Unknown Device' that malfunctioned (code 43). There is no PID, or VID, so I can't see anything that resembles a real device. No drivers are installed, and it's impossible to update the drivers to the Rockchip ones. I also tried to install drivers beforehand with RK_DriverAssitant, but it also doesn't bring up the correct device.

I also tried to connect to the pc with the stick already running.. In the following screenshots you can see the options that I selected.. for some reason, it won't connect either, and does not show up as mass storage device or as any other device

My questions:

- What could be the problem? Why is it not detected as Mass Storage Device? when I connect my smartphone to the PC, this always works... Are there any other things that I could try?

- Is there any other way to update the ROM? I tried putting update.img on sd card and mounting it, but this does not give me an update notice in android... Maybe I put the wrong update.img? or should I always get this notice even if the ROM isn't appropriate?

- Because connecting to the PC isn't working, is there any way to root the device without connecting usb cable? I already tried some tools like z4root and towelroot, but they didn't work.

- Is it possible that the device is damaged / bad flash, and how to test this?

Thanks in advance for any help.. I don't know what to do anymore.. The only thing I didn't try is to use the full size usb port (with KEYBOARD MOUSE text in first picture) with a normal full size usb cable, or OTG port with a USB OTG cable + normal usb cable. I've ordered a normal usb male to male cable to see if this will make any difference, but I doubt it.
    Are you using the right port on the cx 919,The otg port on that stick is the small port on the end not the one on the side.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      Are you using the right port on the cx 919,The otg port on that stick is the small port on the end not the one on the side.
      How can I be sure that I'm using the correct port? can I see this on the PCB?

I was using the one marked 'OTG' (in the first picture of my post) that is beside the MicroSD slot... so you're saying that this is printed wrong and I should try the 'DC' port?

When I tried the 'DC' port, it would not detect any device, but I can try again if you think this is the way to go.

Comment

How can I be sure that I'm using the correct port? can I see this on the PCB?

I was using the one marked 'OTG' that is beside the MicroSD slot... so you're saying that this is printed wrong and I should try the 'DC' port?

When I tried the 'DC' port, it would not detect any device, but I can try again if you think this is the real OTG port.
        On a real cx919 The otg port is on the end(don't no if the clone is the same but i guess it is)OTG & DC need to be swapped round..Yes IM 100% sure the otg port is in the end port.hold fn button & connect otg port (end port) to pc keep holing fn button till pc dong's dig's what ever

Oh & you wont do any damage using the wrong port one port will work & the other wont that's all

Comment

On a real cx919 The otg port is on the end(don't no if the clone is the same but i guess it is)OTG & DC need to be swapped round..Yes IM 100% sure the otg port is in the end port.hold fn button & connect otg port (end port) to pc keep holing fn button till pc dong's dig's what ever

Oh & you wont do any damage using the wrong port one port will work & the other wont that's all
          I understand your reasoning, and I noticed the same a couple days ago, but when I connect with the port on the end, it never shows any device... So I'm guessing that the OTG port is labeled correctly for my clone, but it just fails to be recognized or connect as a real device

Comment

I understand your reasoning, and I noticed the same a couple days ago, but when I connect with the port on the end, it never shows any device... So I'm guessing that the OTG port is labeled correctly for my clone, but it just fails to be recognized or connect as a real device
            Another problem could be the drivers arnt installed right try this driver install tool
            Hi guys: I have met a lot of customers complaint, the computer can’t find their tv sticks or tv box, or they can’t install the usb drivers on their windows PC. Now rockchip just release a new drivers auto-installation tools to solve all of the things: It supports Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8. […]

Keep trying both ports but I still think its the end port you need,also make sure your using a usb2 not usb3

Comment

Another problem could be the drivers arnt installed right try this driver install tool
              Hi guys: I have met a lot of customers complaint, the computer can’t find their tv sticks or tv box, or they can’t install the usb drivers on their windows PC. Now rockchip just release a new drivers auto-installation tools to solve all of the things: It supports Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8. […]

Keep trying both ports but I still think its the end port you need,also make sure your using a usb2 not usb3
              Already tried this tool, and a lot of different ports / cables on 3 different PC's with XP / W7 32bit and 64bit / Ubuntu.. always the same problem What else could it be?

Comment

Already tried this tool, and a lot of different ports / cables on 3 different PC's with XP / W7 32bit and 64bit / Ubuntu.. always the same problem What else could it be?
                Im wondering if your fn button is working it could be a faulty button

Comment

Im wondering if your fn button is working it could be a faulty button
                  The button works, but I don't know if it does what it's supposed to do.

When I plug the device on the power adapter only on the 'OTG' port, it boots android normally. But when I boot it when holding the 'fn' button, it shows this animated recovery screen after some seconds:

and it looks like it's doing a factory reset then (without showing any text.. just the animated logo) and after that it boots android and it has the factory image without any of my apps installed.

Is this the correct "loader mode" behavior, or should I be seeing some other screen (or no screen at all) in flash mode?

The other thing that puzzles me though is that I can't even connect the device to the PC as mass storage device.. shouldn't that work always? or only if I have an SD card installed, or do I have to hold the 'fn' button also for mass storage? Hope I can test it on yet another PC soon to see if it's a USB issue anyway.

Alternatively, can I try to put it in "Mask ROM mode" by touching pins8 & 9 on the NAND? Can this be done without soldering, by just connecting them with a metal needle / pin or something?
                  Last edited by CoolerKing; 08-03-2014, 19:52.

Comment

The button works, but I don't know if it does what it's supposed to do.

When I plug the device on the power adapter only on the 'OTG' port, it boots android normally. But when I boot it when holding the 'fn' button, it shows this animated recovery screen after some seconds:

and it looks like it's doing a factory reset then (without showing any text.. just the animated logo) and after that it boots android and it has the factory image without any of my apps installed.

Is this the correct "loader mode" behavior, or should I be seeing some other screen (or no screen at all) in flash mode?

The other thing that puzzles me though is that I can't even connect the device to the PC as mass storage device.. shouldn't that work always? or only if I have an SD card installed, or do I have to hold the 'fn' button also for mass storage? Hope I can test it on yet another PC soon to see if it's a USB issue anyway.

Alternatively, can I try to put it in "Mask ROM mode" by touching pins8 & 9 on the NAND? Can this be done without soldering, by just connecting them with a metal needle / pin or something?
                    Yes mask rom mode was my next surjection,use a needle / pin & short pin 8&9 on the nand chip wile you connect OTG to pc

Comment

Yes mask rom mode was my next surjection,use a needle / pin & short pin 8&9 on the nand chip wile you connect OTG to pc
                      I'm going to try that next.. could you tell me plz which pins are the correct ones on this pic? and should I hold the fn button also?

ps. Here's someone with similar issues: http://forum.xda-developers.com/hard...809iv-t2823634

I have the same CYX_809III with V5_0 20140510
                      Last edited by CoolerKing; 08-12-2014, 15:48.

Comment

I'm going to try that next.. could you tell me plz which pins are the correct ones on this pic? and should I hold the fn button also?

ps. Here's someone with similar issues: http://forum.xda-developers.com/hard...809iv-t2823634

I have the same CYX_809III with v5_0 20140510
                        On my cx919 I count to pin 8 & 9 from the dot on the nand chip
                        Attached Files

Comment

On my cx919 I count to pin 8 & 9 from the dot on the nand chip
                          I'm pretty sure that those are the correct pins (they also match the datasheet numbers).. But when I power on, the screen remains blank.. and as before, it doesn't detect any device on the PC.. Gonna have to wait for other cables and a different PC to test on... That is, unless there are other methods that I can try (like putting an update.img on sd card..)

Another strange thing: When I plugged it in the DC port at some point and hit the fn key, it also started the factory reset recovery procedure... So it seems that at some moments, the fn key can interact with both ports.. Anyway, I have another R3188 device coming, so I hope that one will work better.. Too bad I had to receive a crappy clone version instead of the normal AP6210 one.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that those are the correct pins (they also match the datasheet numbers).. But when I power on, the screen remains blank.. and as before, it doesn't detect any device on the PC.. Gonna have to wait for other cables and a different PC to test on... That is, unless there are other methods that I can try (like putting an update.img on sd card..)

Another strange thing: When I plugged it in the DC port and hit the fn key, it also started the recovery procedure... It almost seems as if it's able to alternate between the 2 ports.. Anyway, I have another R3188 device coming, so I hope that one will work better.. Too bad I had to receive a crappy clone version instead of the normal AP6210 one.
                            The tv screen should remain blank wile in flash mode but your pc should detect it & it should say rk device found in the flash tool try other leads like you said & another pc if you can, good luck hope you get it sorted

Comment

The tv screen should remain blank wile in flash mode but your pc should detect it & it should say rk device found in the flash tool try other leads like you said & another pc if you can, good luck hope you get it sorted
                              Yeah I hope so too.. thx for your assistance so far

Comment

Working...
                              X