Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CYX_809III V5_0 20140510 (CX-919, MK809IV clone) not connecting to PC as USB device for flashing / rooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I contacted my seller several times now but they always send me the same automated message:

hi,dear buyer

thanks for your message

if possible , could you send a video for the issue to
    [email protected]

we need to confirm it. dont' worry,we would like to give a reasonable
    solution to you as soon as we confirmed.

thanks again for your cooperation

Best regards
    It's useless.. I'm gonna be preparing a thorough paypal dispute coz I'm fed up with this fake non-functioning crap

Comment

No, I have no amy serial number.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
        I'm pretty sure that those are the correct pins (they also match the datasheet numbers).. But when I power on, the screen remains blank.. and as before, it doesn't detect any device on the PC.. Gonna have to wait for other cables and a different PC to test on... That is, unless there are other methods that I can try (like putting an update.img on sd card..)

Another strange thing: When I plugged it in the DC port at some point and hit the fn key, it also started the factory reset recovery procedure... So it seems that at some moments, the fn key can interact with both ports.. Anyway, I have another R3188 device coming, so I hope that one will work better.. Too bad I had to receive a crappy clone version instead of the normal AP6210 one.
        Possibly stupid question but what is the fn key?

Comment

It's the button that you can see labeled here:

[IMG]http://i.****img.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/z/lrYAAOxyuR5TYJd6/$_57.JPG[/IMG]

I'm shipping back my device for a full refund.. krok55 is doing the same.. I doubt there will be a solution for this issue anytime soon.

Comment

Dear all,

I also purchased this "fake" CX-919, also from the same seller on ****. In fact I am the guy who gave the negative feedback cited by CoolerKing
            Nevertheless, I try to make it work.

Some remarks:
            - Impossible to flash, the device connects and disconnects quickly, either in linux of windows.
            - Mine has only 1GB of RAM (four NT5CB256M8DN-CG chip).
            - If I do not plug the OTG cable, android do not start (get stuck in the initialisation screen with the animated blue logo).

I solder the serial console (three pads next to the fn button, on the other side). This is what I get.

Normal boot (with OTG cable plugged in): www.arthy.org/CYX_809III_V5_0_20140510/normal.txt

(Without the OTG cable, the log stop right after "[ 2.026797] hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected".)

In "flash mode" (plugged to my computer): www.arthy.org/CYX_809III_V5_0_20140510/flash.txt
            And on my linux syslog:
            Aug 23 13:48:58 phenom kernel: [574074.172083] usb 4-2: new low-speed USB device number 31 using ohci_hcd
            Aug 23 13:48:58 phenom kernel: [574074.236081] hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
            Aug 23 13:48:59 phenom kernel: [574074.724084] usb 4-2: new low-speed USB device number 32 using ohci_hcd
            Aug 23 13:48:59 phenom kernel: [574074.788074] hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
            Aug 23 13:49:00 phenom kernel: [574075.276089] usb 4-2: new low-speed USB device number 33 using ohci_hcd
            Aug 23 13:49:00 phenom kernel: [574075.340094] hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
            Aug 23 13:49:00 phenom kernel: [574075.828084] usb 4-2: new low-speed USB device number 34 using ohci_hcd
            Aug 23 13:49:00 phenom kernel: [574075.892096] hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
            (and so on...)

In "mask rom mode" (shortcut pins in the nand):
            - on serial console: RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B (and so on...)
            - nothing on my computer, either linux or windows.

Is it a problem with the usb OTG and the "FIQ" ?

Comment

Originally posted by arthy View Post
              Dear all,

I also purchased this "fake" CX-919, also from the same seller on ****. In fact I am the guy who gave the negative feedback cited by CoolerKing
              Nevertheless, I try to make it work.

Some remarks:
              - Impossible to flash, the device connects and disconnects quickly, either in linux of windows.
              - Mine has only 1GB of RAM (four NT5CB256M8DN-CG chip).
              - If I do not plug the OTG cable, android do not start (get stuck in the initialisation screen with the animated blue logo).

I solder the serial console (three pads next to the fn button, on the other side). This is what I get.

Normal boot (with OTG cable plugged in): www.arthy.org/CYX_809III_V5_0_20140510/normal.txt

(Without the OTG cable, the log stop right after "[ 2.026797] hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected".)

In "flash mode" (plugged to my computer): www.arthy.org/CYX_809III_V5_0_20140510/flash.txt
              And on my linux syslog:
              Aug 23 13:48:58 phenom kernel: [574074.172083] usb 4-2: new low-speed USB device number 31 using ohci_hcd
              Aug 23 13:48:58 phenom kernel: [574074.236081] hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
              Aug 23 13:48:59 phenom kernel: [574074.724084] usb 4-2: new low-speed USB device number 32 using ohci_hcd
              Aug 23 13:48:59 phenom kernel: [574074.788074] hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
              Aug 23 13:49:00 phenom kernel: [574075.276089] usb 4-2: new low-speed USB device number 33 using ohci_hcd
              Aug 23 13:49:00 phenom kernel: [574075.340094] hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
              Aug 23 13:49:00 phenom kernel: [574075.828084] usb 4-2: new low-speed USB device number 34 using ohci_hcd
              Aug 23 13:49:00 phenom kernel: [574075.892096] hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
              (and so on...)

In "mask rom mode" (shortcut pins in the nand):
              - on serial console: RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B RK310B (and so on...)
              - nothing on my computer, either linux or windows.

Is it a problem with the usb OTG and the "FIQ" ?

Hi,

sorry but I can't help you anymore.. sent back the stick and waiting for a refund. Maybe mine was also 1GB, I didn't really check the ram chips. In flash mode, I was getting the same issue with 'unable to enumerate'.

Is this log from the android device itself?: http://www.arthy.org/CYX_809III_V5_0_20140510/flash.txt

If so, then maybe you're on the right track... maybe "fiq debugger mode" isn't normal yeah.

Comment

Thanks

I do not really ask for help... I just share the few information I have.

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post

Is this log from the android device itself?: http://www.arthy.org/CYX_809III_V5_0_20140510/flash.txt
                Yes, this is the log of the android device, from the "serial console".

In normal mode, the console works fine (one has access to a shell, can go root...).
                But when I unplug the OTG cable, the console enter in "FIQ debugger mode", and I cannot do anything.
                If I plug again the OTG cable, then the console stay in "fiq debugger", but I can enter some debug commands (help, ps, bt...).

It seems that the device enter in "FIQ mode" as soon as the OTG cable is not plugged in.

Comment

arthy:

Have you tried to boot from SD card (and log the serial console)? See: https://plus.google.com/109451178006...ts/P6TNn3sisa2

I tried this, but after a lot of headache I realised my SD card was bad, so I have to start testing again!

I don't know if the fiq is the problem, I don't think it is a software issue: Someone in this thread tried to enter MASK ROM mode, and failed. If MASK ROM fails, then I would assume the USB HW is failed. I.e. it is not a software issue! - However, the odd thing is that USB OTG works!

[However, I have NOT verified that MASK ROM mode is unavailable myself, as I currently have the stick at work].

A) Can it be confirmed that MASK ROM mode does not work - Anyone else tried it?
                  B) Can it be confirmed that this device can not boot from SD card - or was it just my bad SD card?

If either A) or B) works, we have a workaround.... I still have some hopes

Comment

It works, Otvald! It's recommended to use SD not more 8 GB. I was able to run Ubuntu from my SD. I have no keyboard, so I used only mouse, but it works. First image was Minix neo X7, but dimensions of the picture were little bigger, than mu screen. I will try to burn MK809III image and post here result.

But the main result is: I think, that we should find solutin of our problem in flashing using SD, because mechanism of booting from SD really works.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancharas View Post
                      It works
                      Great! The good part about booting from SD is that it should be quite roboust and even work on a bricked device (as far as I understand it).

I look forward to your further findings

For our reference here, please provide links for the images you use, and also what SD card you use (which class?)

Comment

Have you tried to boot from SD card (and log the serial console)? See: https://plus.google.com/109451178006...ts/P6TNn3sisa2

I tried this, but after a lot of headache I realised my SD card was bad, so I have to start testing again!
                        I just tried this, and it works (with the last image, for the MK809III). Thanks !
                        So I have now some hopes. But the wifi doesn't work (one have to find the driver for the ESP8089), and the /dev/mtd neither. The log from the serial console is here : http://www.arthy.org/CYX_809III_V5_0_20140510/linux.txt
                        All these things are new for me (linux on ARM, mtd device, OTG, "fiq"...) so I progress slowly...

I don't know if the fiq is the problem, I don't think it is a software issue: Someone in this thread tried to enter MASK ROM mode, and failed. If MASK ROM fails, then I would assume the USB HW is failed. I.e. it is not a software issue! - However, the odd thing is that USB OTG works!
                        The faulty USB hardware was also my first supposition. However it seems that there is not a lot of electronic between the RK3188 and the USB port, and the host mode seems to works fine. Moreover, in "Mask mode", I can see some activity on the USB, even if linux and windows don't detect a device.

However, I have NOT verified that MASK ROM mode is unavailable myself, as I currently have the stick at work].
                        A) Can it be confirmed that MASK ROM mode does not work - Anyone else tried it?
                        B) Can it be confirmed that this device can not boot from SD card - or was it just my bad SD card?

If either A) or B) works, we have a workaround.... I still have some hopes
                        Theoretically it is possible to flash the NAND from the system on the SD card. But I think we have to find a kernel which have a driver for the mtd.

Comment

Originally posted by otvald View Post
                          For our reference here, please provide links for the images you use, and also what SD card you use (which class?)
                          I use Transcend 8 Gb Class 6

Comment

Originally posted by otvald View Post
                            And me a Sandisk 4GB class 2.

Comment

It looks like there is no method to flash firmware from SD on Rockchip. I think so, because there are instructions for Amlogic, how to do this, but I can't find similar instructions for any Rockchip CPU.
                              But what about CWM? Is it possible to backup ROM at any device with the same hardware and restore at our devices?

Comment

I think it is possible to write on the NAND from a linux on the sd-card. See for example http://linux-rockchip.info/mw/index....=Linux_on_NAND
                                I was able to dump the data on NAND from the mtd device from the serial console when the stick boot with the default android.

However, this is not the main problem... This Rk3188 stick has a uncommon wifi/BT module (ESP8089), so if we want to update/change the system, we have to find (or compile) a kernel with the good driver for this module. Moreover the module is connected by GPIO to the RK3188 chip, and one have to find the good GPIO pins...

Comment

Working...
                                X