Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are correct - no sd card reader. will try your suggestion

Comment

Yipee!

After fooling with trying via usb - which didn't work - I went and got a SD card reader and VOILA! up and running in about 30 min. Thank you
      Anyway - just to make sure its right storage is showing Internal Storage - total space now of 3.94gb 3.71gb available
      nand flash total space - 1.55gb available 1.55gb

Why does it not show 8gb anymore? Is it because your new parameters show what is usable? and the system and bloatware don't show up anymore

Thank you so much for all your help

Karen

Comment

After fooling with trying via usb - which didn't work - I went and got a SD card reader and VOILA! up and running in about 30 min. Thank you
        Glad to hear it!

Anyway - just to make sure its right storage is showing Internal Storage - total space now of 3.94gb 3.71gb available
        nand flash total space - 1.55gb available 1.55gb
        That sounds about right...

Why does it not show 8gb anymore? Is it because your new parameters show what is usable? and the system and bloatware don't show up anymore

Thank you so much for all your help

Karen
        8GB is the total... The firmware alone takes up almost half of it. (bootloader partition, boot partition, recovery partition, system partition, cache partition, etc...)

The stock parameter settings had approximately 1GB allocated to the "data" partition and almost 4GB allocated to the "internal sd card" partition.

The patched parameters decrease the "internal sd card" partition size in order to increase the "data" partition size, and also move the partitions around to make room for the new "data" partition size.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Pretty much what I thought. But you explained it better. Thank you again for your patience, hard work, and talking me through this.

Karen

Comment

Problems to Start Tablet

Hello first of all a greeting, I have problems with my tablet, I installed the modified rom, then the TWRP, then the patch to the internal memory of 4 GB put it, did not work and then read that had to flash the ROM from TWRP. After that it worked well but installing games since the tablet is from my daughter tablet without notice went out.

So I thought to reinstall the ROM and patch to the internal memory will be so stock. But now the ROM to try to start in its initial configuration turns off. Any suggestions you could do to recover the tablet, and I have fear and I think I'll have to buy a new tablet, all for sticking my nose into a device that is not mine ha ha ha. Thanks in advance for your help

This text translated it using google translator from Spanish to English

Comment

Originally posted by 1976Nano View Post
              Hello first of all a greeting, I have problems with my tablet, I installed the modified rom, then the TWRP, then the patch to the internal memory of 4 GB put it, did not work and then read that had to flash the ROM from TWRP. After that it worked well but installing games since the tablet is from my daughter tablet without notice went out.

So I thought to reinstall the ROM and patch to the internal memory will be so stock. But now the ROM to try to start in its initial configuration turns off. Any suggestions you could do to recover the tablet, and I have fear and I think I'll have to buy a new tablet, all for sticking my nose into a device that is not mine ha ha ha. Thanks in advance for your help

This text translated it using google translator from Spanish to English
              It sounds like it booted normally and seemed to be working correctly until it suddenly turned off? Is that correct?

Does it currently boot up all the way before turning off? If not, at what point does it turn off?

Does is still boot to TWRP recovery without any problem?

Are you sure the battery didn't suddenly run out of power? This model has a known problem with loose battery cables, resulting in incorrect battery level readings, sudden shutdowns, and poor or no charging...

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I hope I have correctly understood the questions. The problems arose when I returned to install the ROM, to start the ROM presents very briefly the initial settings screen where you can configure the wifi, select the country, etc, but before he could take any action the tablet is turned off.

I can enter without any problem recovery, the tablet does not turn off while in the recovery.

On the problem of the battery, something I read it and thought it could be happening because my girl was soon extinguished the tablet. How I can check if the battery is properly connected?

I appreciate your attention and patience

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                It sounds like it booted normally and seemed to be working correctly until it suddenly turned off? Is that correct?

Does it currently boot up all the way before turning off? If not, at what point does it turn off?

Does is still boot to TWRP recovery without any problem?

Are you sure the battery didn't suddenly run out of power? This model has a known problem with loose battery cables, resulting in incorrect battery level readings, sudden shutdowns, and poor or no charging...

ShaunMT

Comment

I hope I have correctly understood the questions. The problems arose when I returned to install the ROM, to start the ROM presents very briefly the initial settings screen where you can configure the wifi, select the country, etc, but before he could take any action the tablet is turned off.

I can enter without any problem recovery, the tablet does not turn off while in the recovery.

On the problem of the battery, something I read it and thought it could be happening because my girl was soon extinguished the tablet. How I can check if the battery is properly connected?

I appreciate your attention and patience
                  I think those answers are good enough...

It does sound like a battery problem to me. I think any other problem would result in failure before you reached the lock screen.

I believe TWRP continues to work because:
                  1. TWRP requires less power
                  2. TWRP reads the battery level differently
                  3. TWRP doesn't auto shutdown before the battery reaches zero.

Unfortunately, the only way to check the battery cable is to pop the back cover off the tablet (which can be difficult - the front bezel is easy to bend or crack while trying to remove the back cover). There are several forum posts around here about opening the case the checking the battery.

The battery plug should be firmly and completely seated in the socket. This most often pulls the wires tight across a gap between the battery and the board. Pushing on the wires, flexes them into that gap and pulls the plug partway out of the socket. Some modifications may be necessary to prevent the plug from working loose again.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Well the tablet has been able to start, had withdrawn the External SD Card and went to put it on the tablet, I started new account and I could configure the tablet correctly. The problem is that there has been internal memory as stock (only 832 MB available to applications).

Unfortunately when I installed the patch to extend it to 4 GB, installed applications, would cause the tablet is turned off, any suggestions or think the problem is poorly connected battery? Thank you

I think those answers are good enough...

It does sound like a battery problem to me. I think any other problem would result in failure before you reached the lock screen.

I believe TWRP continues to work because:
                    1. TWRP requires less power
                    2. TWRP reads the battery level differently
                    3. TWRP doesn't auto shutdown before the battery reaches zero.

Unfortunately, the only way to check the battery cable is to pop the back cover off the tablet (which can be difficult - the front bezel is easy to bend or crack while trying to remove the back cover). There are several forum posts around here about opening the case the checking the battery.

The battery plug should be firmly and completely seated in the socket. This most often pulls the wires tight across a gap between the battery and the board. Pushing on the wires, flexes them into that gap and pulls the plug partway out of the socket. Some modifications may be necessary to prevent the plug from working loose again.

ShaunMT

Comment

Well the tablet has been able to start, had withdrawn the External SD Card and went to put it on the tablet, I started new account and I could configure the tablet correctly. The problem is that there has been internal memory as stock (only 832 MB available to applications).

Unfortunately when I installed the patch to extend it to 4 GB, installed applications, would cause the tablet is turned off, any suggestions or think the problem is poorly connected battery? Thank you
                      You could try wiping or reformatting /data and the internal sd card from TWRP to ensure they are formatted correctly and to the correct size (per the currently installed patch).

If reformatting the /data partition or internal sd card doesn't solve the problem, I'd still go back to checking battery.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Before that i need installa the patch for 4 GB? and so reformating data and internal sd card?

thanx

You could try wiping or reformatting /data and the internal sd card from TWRP to ensure they are formatted correctly and to the correct size (per the currently installed patch).

If reformatting the /data partition or internal sd card doesn't solve the problem, I'd still go back to checking battery.

ShaunMT

Comment

Before that i need installa the patch for 4 GB? and so reformating data and internal sd card?

thanx
                          Install whichever size patch you prefer (if you haven't already).

If it won't start correctly, reflash the ROM from TWRP (The TWRP ROM installer only flashes Boot and System).

If it starts correctly, check the /data and internal sd card partitions. Verify they mount, their sizes have changed, and that you can read/write to them. If you have any problems with the /data or sd card partitions. Try reformatting them with TWRP.

If you continue to suffer random shutdowns or experience charging problems, take the back cover off and check the battery connection.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Thank you Shaun

Install whichever size patch you prefer (if you haven't already).

If it won't start correctly, reflash the ROM from TWRP (The TWRP ROM installer only flashes Boot and System).

If it starts correctly, check the /data and internal sd card partitions. Verify they mount, their sizes have changed, and that you can read/write to them. If you have any problems with the /data or sd card partitions. Try reformatting them with TWRP.

If you continue to suffer random shutdowns or experience charging problems, take the back cover off and check the battery connection.

ShaunMT

Comment

Great Deal

ShaunMT

I just Got Nextbook NX785QC16G which I bought at walmart in canada it comes with 16gb bluetooth and would you believe GPS for $88 CAN. The problem is it needs to be rooted the firmware update is at the Nextbook site if you can look into it and maybe give me some direction in rooting this device thanks

Comment

Originally posted by purfecshon View Post
                                ShaunMT

I just Got Nextbook NX785QC16G which I bought at walmart in canada it comes with 16gb bluetooth and would you believe GPS for $88 CAN. The problem is it needs to be rooted the firmware update is at the Nextbook site if you can look into it and maybe give me some direction in rooting this device thanks
                                Well, I was previously under the impression that the NX785QC16G didn't actually exist and that the firmware on the Nextbook website was a mistake... but I now see that it appears to be a version that is only available for sale in Canada...

Here is what I can tell you about it... It is a MediaTek (MTK) based device. I'm only just beginning to learn how to develop for MediaTek devices and I'm doubtful that I'll be confident enough to develop for a MediaTek device that I don't actually own and can't test on...

However, rooting it shoudn't be too difficult...

The NX700QC16G was also a MediaTek device and has been rooted. There are also several MediaTek tablets in the MediaTek (MTK) forum section that have been rooted.

In general, it seems that Kingo Root works on most Android 4.2 devices and earlier, while only iRoot or vRoot work on Android 4.4 and newer.

I would start by reading the NX700QC16G rooting thread in this forum, then read some of the rooting threads in the MediaTeak Tablet subforum.

If you need more help, I would suggest posting a response to the NX700QC16G rooting thread, or posting a new thread in the MediaTek Tablet subforum.
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X