Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    Yes I seen the specs on all the boxes but need one that actually wasn't advertising as working but the box could in no possible way run it. Whole bunch advertising as 2.0 when in fact they are 1.4.
    Actually, in one review, I saw the 3840x2160@60 option when the reviewer went to display settings, so I am pretty sure at least 'some' RK3288 boxes support it. I will dig to find it...
    If I get the box, I can test it b/c I have an HDMI 2.0 display and will report back.

Comment

prime example as i said its shows in the specs as hdmi 1.4 Highlighted in red it states 4k at 60fps in the device specifications? No spam says impossible because of soc so why they lie about it / it makes everyone crazy trying to figger out what units actually have the capablities. Even more so after youve ordered and its cant do it now your stuck with fees to retun it.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

http://www.ebluetimes.com/en/Product...345&SortID=188

prime example as i said its shows in the specs as hdmi 1.4 Highlighted in red it states 4k at 60fps in the device specifications? No spam says impossible because of soc so why they lie about it / it makes everyone crazy trying to figger out what units actually have the capablities. Even more so after youve ordered and its cant do it now your stuck with fees to retun it.
        I understand, but I am fairly sure RK3288 does handle HDMI 2.0. I'm still not sold on getting a box, but if I do, I will report back.

Comment

http://www.ebluetimes.com/en/Product...345&SortID=188

Hmmm, this box doesn't use the switch-chip for HDMI-IN, so I'm not sure if the 1.4 is the mistake or the 4K@60 ... The SoC is able to handle 2.0 with 4K@60, so I don't know why this box should only have 1.4 with max 4K@30... The limit at the HPH and Ugoos is the switch-chip for HDMI-IN...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Nagrace HPH box supporting HDMI 2.0?

Can anybody owning the Nagrace HPH RK3288 box confirm support for HDMI 2.0 i.e. 4K @60 fps? Is that also true for HDMI IN passthrough (or any other applications for it)?
            Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
            CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
            GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              Hmmm, this box doesn't use the switch-chip for HDMI-IN, so I'm not sure if the 1.4 is the mistake or the 4K@60 ... The SoC is able to handle 2.0 with 4K@60, so I don't know why this box should only have 1.4 with max 4K@30... The limit at the HPH and Ugoos is the switch-chip for HDMI-IN...
              HDMI is an interface, so it is fairly understandable that if you take in a 1.4 stream, you might not be able to output at full bw of 2.0. That btw, may actually mean that if input is not used, full 4k@60 might be available. But this is all assuming there is no other limiting (like a switch) in between- which might be the case for the boxes which have an input.

Comment

The RK3288 (SoC) doesn't know any HDMI IN only OUT, so they have to use a switch-chip and this switch-chip is only able to handle 1.4 (4K@30) and because of the switch-chip they don't use the 'default' HDMI OUT at the SoC but another way to connect this switch-chip to the SoC (video-/audio-datastream)...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hello,

I have this box for like 20+ days now:

http://XXX.****.com/itm/111566993782...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

(Rockchip RK3288 Quad Core T764 GPU Android TV BOX 4K HDMI player with bluetooth)

Here is in bullet point my initial experience with the media player:

1 The kernel is old

2 outdated software

3 Must install SPMC to work better

4 Antutu scores only 36000 and everytime i perform the benchmark it scores even lower ( like the hardware is dying )

5 Movies with 5.1 Dolby Digital over optical cable don't sound properly with an awful very loud noise coming out of the speakers. The only way to play the sound is to force stereo mode. I have tried different amplifiers and cables. I have also tried the original XBMC and SPMC. XBMC produces no sound in 5.1 movies and with SPMC i get noise. Tried all possible audio settings in XBMC and SPMC.

6 Movies in general even stereo ones over HDMI ARC stutter with the sound playing only for a few seconds and then stopping

7 Lan is slow can't play any movie over the network (Buffers Continuously) , it reverts to 10mbps when connected to 1000mbps switch

8 4K Movies are playable only with rklibstagefright disabled

Now issues 1,2,5 were resolved with a firmware update via the OTG cable. SPMC still works better than XBMC. Also Antutu behaves the same.

At this time the only major issue is the Ethernet Lan which when connected to a gigabit switch is very slow and i am guessing it reverts to 10mbps.

The Lan only works when connected to a 100mbps switch or when connected to a gigabit switch but cutting off pins 4,5,7,8 ( to force 100mbps negotiation )

The cable checks out fine with a Lan Tester

Iperf (installed on the android box ) shows a speed of about 80mbps which should be enough to play back movies but in reality high encoded movies ( 10gb+ in size ) stutter when played over the network.

Tried various settings in the advancesettings.xml of SPMC with no luck.

My old Acer Aspire ONE laptop is able to play the movies that stutter in the media player just fine. using the same network cable and source ( Linux NAS ).

Also note that coping files to my Linux NAS has a speed of around 10MB/s

Do you have any idea of what can i do to resolve the issues with the Lan being slow, not negotiating properly to gigabit speeds and as a result the movies stutter and buffer a lot. ?

This media player is supposed to be able to play 4K but in real life finds it difficult to reproduce HD files

Thanks

Comment

Hello

The date of the file send to me by the **** seller was 08/01/2015 using that firmware fixed most of the issues

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Biomecanoid View Post
                      Hello

The date of the file send to me by the **** seller was 08/01/2015 using that firmware fixed most of the issues

Thanks
                      Where can I find this firmware (08/01/2015) ?

Comment

This is the link as provided by the **** seller:

I dont know for how long it will still be active

The filename is: T032_AP6330_public_root_20150108.rar

Is there anything else i can do about the Lan ?

Comment

or maybe some way around the problem? a compatible gigabit switch maybe ? or a very fast WiFi N AP or some special setting in advancesettings.xml that i have missed ?

Comment

I am also missing the OTG Cable that you need to flash the unit will this do? :

http://XXX.****.com/itm/Black-50cm-2...item3f48c0c5a4

Just a simple Type A Male to Type A Male usb right ?

Comment

Guys i asked again for a new firmware and this time they send me this :

2015.2.7 QproPlus New software.zip

Comment

I dont have a usb cable at the moment so if anyone installs the new firmware please let me know

Comment

Working...
                                X