This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mx box fuse??

Just curious the red arrow I have in this pic pointing to the red circle is that a fuse im guessing so as I have an mx box with this fried and no display does anyone have any idea and what value it is or a link to a replacement thanks
    Attached Files

Could be... maybe a thermal-fuse like at coffee-machines and so on... or a normal fuse...

But if I read about "no video" at the MX here at the board, normally it's a problem with bad flashing fw and/or wrong fw...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      Could be... maybe a thermal-fuse like at coffee-machines and so on... or a normal fuse...

But if I read about "no video" at the MX here at the board, normally it's a problem with bad flashing fw and/or wrong fw...
      no this what loks like a fuse is baked I cleaned up the board everything looks fine this is actually the first mx box I ever had issues flashing anyway it looks like a fuse according to the pic but if it is I would need to know where to get one and what value it should be

Comment

But, why should they place a normal fuse near to the soc and not direct at the power-plug????
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

But, why should they place a normal fuse near to the soc and not direct at the power-plug????
          well im not sure if it is a fuse BUT it looks like one this is what im trying to find out the one I got here is unidentifiable I was hoping someone else may know I don't have another box for a reference just the pic I posted but if you blow up the pic it looks like a fuse

Comment

Yes, I had also seen it in the past at my device, but what I'm wondering in is, that it seams so that both pins contacted to one side of this part and not one at each side (which would be normal at a normal fuse)...
            Anyway I don't really know what it is (because I wrote 'Could be...' only speculation that it maybe is a thermal-fuse)...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

yes that is strange maybe it loops inside im not sure but it looks lik a use of some sort
              Last edited by piperider; 09-10-2014, 06:09.

Comment

Originally posted by piperider View Post
                they look separate in the pic save it and blow it up theres 2 wires separated close but theres a space anyway I need to figure it out somehow as I need this box running as soon as I can there has to be someone who has one with this part that can see what it is or etc
                If it is a fuse, just short this two wires. See if it boots with the wires shorted. BUT, if it is not a fuse, then you may damage something else.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                  If it is a fuse, just short this two wires. See if it boots with the wires shorted. BUT, if it is not a fuse, then you may damage something else.
                  I was thinking that but as it is right now I got 2 dead jynbox m6 and now this box so im hesitant to try that.I find it strange that nobody knows what it is if I had another MX here id take it part and check but I dont

Comment

Originally posted by piperider View Post
                    I was thinking that but as it is right now I got 2 dead jynbox m6 and now this box so im hesitant to try that.I find it strange that nobody knows what it is if I had another MX here id take it part and check but I dont
                    What ever it is, desolder it and remove it. Then you may be able to determine what it is. More than likely, a capacitor.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

If I could guess I would say it's an oscillator (judging by shape, size and placement near SoC).

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                        What ever it is, desolder it and remove it. Then you may be able to determine what it is. More than likely, a capacitor.
                        already did but its unrecognizable

Comment

it could be

1. Fuse
                          2. Oscilator

desolder it and use a ohm meter on continutity to see if the path still works or if it thermal heat fuse then warm it up

JustMe
                          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow1 View Post
                            If I could guess I would say it's an oscillator (judging by shape, size and placement near SoC).
                            hmmm could be really hard to say all I know is its round with 2 wires sticking out of one end

Comment

well I jumped a wire across the 2 points and said the hell with it and low and behold I got video again although its stuck on the matricom screen It has life.I tried the recovery file 4 times but all I get is a green screen

Comment

Working...
                              X