X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any chance to make it alive by this instruction? ... ehh

Comment

Re: Don't Panic! When flashing goes wrong.

Rk architecture does not use fast boot as far as I know.
      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

My question is what i did wrong? Everything was like in the instruction... but then when i click upgrade it makes reboot and boot to this recovery ...

Comment

Normal issues as follows
          User error
          Bad cable
          USB 3
          Front USB with not enough power

I've a couple of cables that always fail. If I stick to my good cable I've never had a problem.
          900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

User fail - nope because I haven't got time for it... I plug and choose good driver at first. Then everything went automatically, and reboot on this step:<Layer 1-1-2> Wait For Loader Start in to Recovery and next <Layer 1-1-2> Wait For Loader Fail

Cable - Short Nokia E52...

USB is 2.0

I tried from my notebook, there is no "front usb",notebook plugged in to electricity

Comment

I do all my flashing from my laptop. The list above is based on reports from users.
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

For me it look's like a problem with loader yep?

<Layer 1-1-2> Wait For Loader Start
                <Layer 1-1-2> Wait For Loader Fail
                **********Upgrade Done Success<0> Fail<1> Time<32277>ms**********

Maybe at first I should install some other because my stock android was old 4.0.4?
                That's just my guess...

Comment

If you can get bootloader/flash made there is lots we can do.

It's possible you could setup adb on your laptop then use adb to issue a reboot boot loader instruction. You would need to execute an su command first.
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I don't know how , also i'am full of this after all day... problem is even if i'll give it back to shop and they will repair it - after then If I'll want to change it it cant happen again! Coz really I did everything as it's written in instruction...

Comment

rkflashtool, writes, but image doesn't change?

So my original flash failed to get me root. ( did using the windows flash tool included in Finless Bob's ROM )

Was trying to re-flash from linux.

Loaded mk808 in flash mode, seems good - usb recognized.

Code:
                      Feb  7 09:54:12 kernel: [43607.824113] usb 2-2.1.2: new high-speed USB device number 10 using ehci_hcd
                      Feb  7 09:54:12 kernel: [43607.916728] usb 2-2.1.2: unable to get BOS descriptor
                      Feb  7 09:54:12 kernel: [43607.917227] usb 2-2.1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=2207, idProduct=300a
                      Feb  7 09:54:12 kernel: [43607.917231] usb 2-2.1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
                      Feb  7 09:54:12 mtp-probe: checking bus 2, device 10: "/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb2/2-2/2-2.1/2-2.1.2"
                      Feb  7 09:54:12 mtp-probe: bus: 2, device: 10 was not an MTP device
                      read parms off, no problem, used rkflashtool to copy system, just for backup:

Code:
                      sudo ./rkflashtool r 0x0051A000 0x00100000 > system2.img
                      rkflashtool: info: interface claimed
                      rkflashtool: info: reading flash memory at offset 0x00619f00
                      No errors.

Wrote back original Finless Bob system.img using rkflashtool, again, no errors. Rebooted:

Code:
                      sudo ./rkflashtool w 0x0051A000 0x00100000 < '/home/Documents/MK808 Finless 1.6 ROM/FinlessROM/system.img'
                      rkflashtool: info: writing flash memory at offset 0x00619f00
                      After reboot, no change on MK808. So I put it back in flash mode and read the system.img again -- it was unchanged -- like the write didn't do anything. Is there any way to see possible errors ( increase verbosity of rkflashtool )?

I can't find instructions for doing a more complete reflash from linux. ( for example, rkflashtool or rktools doesn't have an "erase nand" option ....)

i'll try writing the other partitions to see if that has an affect, but I have to guess if system wasn't changing that the others won't either.

thanks in advance for any advice,

s

Comment

How did you reboot?
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                          How did you reboot?
                          rkflashtool b

no errors there either.

Code:
                           sudo ./rkflashtool b[sudo] password for ...: 
                          rkflashtool: info: rebooting device...
                          I bailed on sticking with rkflashtool for now ( although I'm still interested if there are ideas, as generally it would be better than having to get a windows machine running for me. )

I used the windows flash tool, reflashed Finless 1.6, and what to you know, it worked perfectly this time. Root works. Go figure.

thanks so much for your reply.

Comment

Is this all with the same cable and USB port?
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                              Is this all with the same cable and USB port?
                              Yes, it was. I know the drill, try different USB ports/cables ( more voodoo! ). I guess I would have expected some sort of indication or error if there was a problem. The read and write sure seemed to work just fine, but the data was clearly not saved to the device.

Maybe I could look at the C code and see if I can print out more info while the write takes place....

Comment

I've a few cables that do not flash successfully. If I'm using a new cable I pull boot or recovery and check that are good files to check before flashing.
                                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                                X