Q7 bricked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nevoz View Post
    Thanks skorpion454 . Although it looks like he has a Q7 rather than a Q7V? I will still give it a try.

(Also, I have since been able to use the later wasser firmwares by using the 0.92 wasser kernel. They seem to run very slow though).
    I'm not sure which box exactly he got because some people using Q7 for both Q7 and Q7V so sometimes it's hard to say, everything works for me so far didn't test any video performance yet, if you get some results u may share them with us here, thx

Comment

Originally posted by skorpion454 View Post
      I'm not sure which box exactly he got because some people using Q7 for both Q7 and Q7V so sometimes it's hard to say, everything works for me so far didn't test any video performance yet, if you get some results u may share them with us here, thx
      Yep that firmware did work .. so I presume it was made for the Q7V. Thanks for that. Unfortunately it still has the 720p kernel only. I notice he has set it up for Netflix plus a VPN service .. it would benefit him to enable a 1080p kernel since Netflix supports 1080p. But I didn't want to go to the forum and write in English, might be considered rude..!?

Comment

Yep that firmware did work .. so I presume it was made for the Q7V. Thanks for that. Unfortunately it still has the 720p kernel only. I notice he has set it up for Netflix plus a VPN service .. it would benefit him to enable a 1080p kernel since Netflix supports 1080p. But I didn't want to go to the forum and write in English, might be considered rude..!?
        We can always translate but i dont think that its not right to ask in english there is a few gus which are on this forum so dont worry,did u test it?what about movies are they run smooth?
        I`m not sure if is a big diffrent with quallity 720/1080 as i`m reading other forums most people are comming back to 720p kernels,more smooth etc,what do u think?
        I cant say anything about that becasuse i never tested 1080p rom

Comment

We can always translate but i dont think that its not right to ask in english there is a few gus which are on this forum so dont worry,did u test it?what about movies are they run smooth? I`m not sure if is a big diffrent with quallity 720/1080 as i`m reading other forums most people are comming back to 720p kernels,more smooth etc,what do u think? I cant say anything about that becasuse i never tested 1080p rom
          Yes I have read that people find the 720p experience smoother, but Wasser version 0.92 @ 1080p ran pretty well. For menus etc 720p is fine, but for movies I do prefer 1080p . So I wish I could somehow integrate the SPDIF support parts into the Wasser 0.92 kernel. Having said that, I couldn't get 5.1 multichannel through the SPDIF to work properly, even though the option is there. But I can't complain really, at the end of the day I paid only $US59 including delivery for it. I shouldn't expect too much! It works well as a basic box for many things.

Comment

Yes I have read that people find the 720p experience smoother, but Wasser version 0.92 @ 1080p ran pretty well. For menus etc 720p is fine, but for movies I do prefer 1080p . So I wish I could somehow integrate the SPDIF support parts into the Wasser 0.92 kernel. Having said that, I couldn't get 5.1 multichannel through the SPDIF to work properly, even though the option is there. But I can't complain really, at the end of the day I paid only $US59 including delivery for it. I shouldn't expect too much! It works well as a basic box for many things.
            There is a lo of kernels out there for Q7 boxes u may try use them with this rom,as for q7 boxes people had no problems using 1080 kernels with stock roms,but I`m not sure about that,just seen some posts,where did u buy ur box?I asked my seller to help me with stock rom and this is what he said:

Dear friend.

i feel sorry about this ,

please let us explain our model .

we purchased this boxes from manufacturers , and usually they already install the system for us , and then after we got them , we will install our XBMC add ons , and then to customers.

so actually we didn't need to use the stock rom , and also we don't have it actually ..so hope you can understand we do hope to help you with this , but it's true we don't have this rom for you .

thank you a lot for your understanding , and sorry for the inconvenience.

So i asked him to send me contact detail to people who made this box for him and still waiting for answer.Maybe you can ask ur seller and then when we find people who made this pcb we may get more support from them
            I wish to have more time to test this box with other roms etc. hope u get what u want and share everything with us

also for someone who still on original rom,I couldnt get into vpn settings and storage,always asked for password so my selleR send me a password for it which maybe same for some people,
            password is :
            sintron8888
            Last edited by skorpion454; 11-24-2014, 01:18. Reason: PASSWORD

Comment

There is a lo of kernels out there for Q7 boxes u may try use them with this rom,as for q7 boxes people had no problems using 1080 kernels with stock roms,but I`m not sure about that,just seen some posts,where did u buy ur box?I asked my seller to help me with stock rom and this is what he said:
              hi Skorpion, I got mine from BuyInCoins.com . Here's the exact item: http://www.buyincoins.com/item/39052.html Where did you buy yours? My stock ROM is exactly the same as the one you pasted a couple of screens back (ie. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tytthjd7f1....10-1.zip?dl=0 ) It's strange that your box had a password set on storage and VPN settings. I wonder why they would do that. Mine wasn't locked out in that way. Happy to share all info that I come across.
              Last edited by nevoz; 11-24-2014, 03:39. Reason: fixing paragraphing

Comment

Help please Skorpiann454

Hi Skorpian
                I have exactly the same board as you and thanks for posting the stock ROM as it was this that allowed me to unbrick my Q7!
                I still cannot downgrade it to JB.
                I have tried all the combinations I can think of.
                Erased nand using KK loader and parameter as per no spam. Seems to work.
                Then pointed the flash tool at Lewey custom ROM for q7.
                Does not work with:
                Lewey loader and parameter
                Stock loader and parameter
                Stock loader and Lewey parameter
                Lewey loader and stock parameter
                Lewey loader and stock parameter.
                In the above, misc boot kernal etc all pointed at Lewey ROM.

Can you please help me by giving the exact way that you managed to get this box onto a JB ROM?
                This is starting to drive me crazy!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldbirchy View Post
                  Hi Skorpian
                  I have exactly the same board as you and thanks for posting the stock ROM as it was this that allowed me to unbrick my Q7!
                  I still cannot downgrade it to JB.
                  I have tried all the combinations I can think of.
                  Erased nand using KK loader and parameter as per no spam. Seems to work.
                  Then pointed the flash tool at Lewey custom ROM for q7.
                  Does not work with:
                  Lewey loader and parameter
                  Stock loader and parameter
                  Stock loader and Lewey parameter
                  Lewey loader and stock parameter
                  Lewey loader and stock parameter.
                  In the above, misc boot kernal etc all pointed at Lewey ROM.

Can you please help me by giving the exact way that you managed to get this box onto a JB ROM?
                  This is starting to drive me crazy!!!!!!!
                  Lewys Rom not working for our board I'm using JB rom from other guy.its 720 so if u looking for 1080 it's not for u. If u still want to try u can go to the link to Russian forum which I posted or I can upload mirror for this rom
                  Also I did that; Lewys rom with 2.13 loader from stock JB+replaced boot.img with stock JB + replaced recovery.img with stock JB and then my box come to initialising firmware screen I was waiting about 10 min but nothing happens then I connect my box to PC run moborobo program upload background them thru mobo program and box come to the main screen but after rebooting it's stopped on initialising firmware again so I dint know maybe I should wait few hours to get it working maybe someone can try this way and wait for more than 10 min
                  After this steps box is recognised as msc mode so that mean it's in normal using mode u can connect it to PC and check all files etc as normal but stuck on initialising firmware
                  Last edited by skorpion454; 11-24-2014, 19:07.

Comment

Odp: Q7 bricked?

Yes, now everythink is clear it is not going to work on our pcb's, im curious it's will be some good custom with 1080p and spdif working, now devs are Focused on newer devices

Comment

I DON'T know if it also works at these kernel, but prahjister's patcher program also contains a 'RK3188 4.2 1080 Patch.csv' for JB at 'CSVPatches\' so you can try to patch the kernel to 1080p (I think here you also have to do the CRC) but only at your OWN RISK!

AND
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                        I DON'T know if it also works at these kernel, but prahjister's patcher program also contains a 'RK3188 4.2 1080 Patch.csv' for JB at 'CSVPatches\' so you can try to patch the kernel to 1080p (I think here you also have to do the CRC) but only at your OWN RISK!

AND
                        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-i-have-tested
                        Will try if i get some time, anyone did this path?

Comment

Will try if i get some time, anyone did this path?
                          But not sure if it will work...

First you have to find out if the kernel or the boot 'partition' contains the kernel (boot, only or also, contains initramfs)...

If boot 'partition' also contains the kernel you have to unpack it with 'Android Image Kitchen' http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2073775 (and after you have done the patch, repack the boot.img)... you will find the kernel as 'split_img/boot.img-zImage'...

last but not least you have to find out, if the kernel is compressed or not (I don't think the patch will work at compressed kernel)...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post

AND
                            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-i-have-tested
                            Thanks no_spam. I hope someone can provide him with 720p and 1080p KitKat kernels to create a patch from. Then I could try his patch on the Q7V stock rom.

Comment

Broken link

Mine is exactly the same as urs and I'm using this rom
                              Rom - https://www.dropbox.com/s/tytthjd7f1....10-1.zip?dl=0

The link is currently broken. Can you please upload it again?

Comment

Originally posted by Eyal View Post
                                The link is currently broken. Can you please upload it again?

Comment

Working...
                                X