MK808B V5 Realtek Prah 1.1 Latest 10/21/14 720 & 1080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    Its only when my tv is off that it does this....
    yeah, i know, but i'd like to have the system always ready when i turn on tv, plugging the the usb power adapter every time is a bit annoying...

Comment

After a lot of testing i flashed stock and the device going to sleep is what it does from the factory. Trying to find app that will keep it from sleeping. Testing now....ugh what a pain.

In the process i found an error in the cpuperformance script that i failed to remove when i was testing.

remove the 2 lines that that send int and perf to log.log and remove the log.log file.....i was wanting to verify it was changing and forgot to remove my test lines.

I am also updating rom to fix but you do not need to update unless you want to....you can flash just the system and don't have to reinstall.
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

prahjister

I`ve seen 1080p before on the Mk808b but not really practical.

Flashed 1080p, no OC.

Works very well,
        Mk808b V5 1080p Antutu(5.15) 15000.

Compared to some other boxes recently checked out.
        Stock Kitkat MXQ 1080p Antutu 17000.
        Stock KitKat T-R42 1080p Antutu 20500 / 720p 23500

Also check with power meter.

Tested while running XBMC 1080p movie.

Mk808B using about 8watts. Idle 4w
        MXQ 3.5w across the board no matter what`s running.
        T-R42 max 7.5watts, Idle 4w

to be expected Mk808b at 1080p runs a little warmer than stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnoo View Post
          prahjister

I`ve seen 1080p before on the Mk808b but not really practical.

Flashed 1080p, no OC.

Works very well,
          Mk808b V5 1080p Antutu(5.15) 15000.

Compared to some other boxes recently checked out.
          Stock Kitkat MXQ 1080p Antutu 17000.
          Stock KitKat T-R42 1080p Antutu 20500 / 720p 23500

Also check with power meter.

Tested while running XBMC 1080p movie.

Mk808B using about 8watts. Idle 4w
          MXQ 3.5w across the board no matter what`s running.
          T-R42 max 7.5watts, Idle 4w

to be expected Mk808b at 1080p runs a little warmer than stock.
          Thanks for the feedback.....good to see the comparison....those other boxes are running newer processors....not too shabby for these old processors....I would like to see what antutu looks like with the ram oc to 533 and cpu and gpu stock.

I think i would try a better ps and or cable. 4k performance hit for going 1080 is more than i saw in the past. I can get about just over 20k @ 720....i would expect more on the lines of 2-3k.
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Professional Chinese procurement, professional transport services

Hello, I am from Shenzhen China James, I mainly responsible for you from the China purchasing transportation service, our company focus on international freight forwarders have 8 years time, the main market in American FBA, British FBA, France FBA, German FBA. Express and air do very skilled. If you have this need, please contact me. Ocean Pilot Logistics Shenzhen Co., Ltd is my company name, www.oplship.com is my company's Web site, and I contact: E-mail: [email protected]:smart.sales.zero.zero.eight, if demand, please contact me. Thank you

Comment

Professional Chinese procurement, professional transport services

After a lot of testing i flashed stock and the device going to sleep is what it does from the factory. Trying to find app that will keep it from sleeping. Testing now....ugh what a pain.

In the process i found an error in the cpuperformance script that i failed to remove when i was testing.

remove the 2 lines that that send int and perf to log.log and remove the log.log file.....i was wanting to verify it was changing and forgot to remove my test lines.

I am also updating rom to fix but you do not need to update unless you want to....you can flash just the system and don't have to reinstall.
              Hello, I am from Shenzhen China James, I mainly responsible for you from the China purchasing transportation service, our company focus on international freight forwarders have 8 years time, the main market in American FBA, British FBA, France FBA, German FBA. Express and air do very skilled. If you have this need, please contact me. Ocean Pilot Logistics Shenzhen Co., Ltd is my company name, www.oplship.com is my company's Web site, and I contact: E-mail: [email protected]:smart.sales.zero.zero.eight, if demand, please contact me. Thank you

Comment

Prahjister,

Just wanted to confirm this is your latest and greatest ( I have original mk808 non-B, but don't use wifi ).

Confusing only because this:
                Prahjister ROM 1.2 MK808(B)4.2.2 720 and 1080

but that appears to be from July, so I have to assume this 1.1 is newer ( Versions reference different sticks ) That 1.2 was your last "pure" original 808(b) stick rom. This newer one is for the realtek v5 versions, but runs on the old ones w/out wifi or BT.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by slcpunk View Post
                  Prahjister,

Just wanted to confirm this is your latest and greatest ( I have original mk808 non-B, but don't use wifi ).

Confusing only because this:
                  Prahjister ROM 1.2 MK808(B)4.2.2 720 and 1080

but that appears to be from July, so I have to assume this 1.1 is newer ( Versions reference different sticks ) That 1.2 was your last "pure" original 808(b) stick rom. This newer one is for the realtek v5 versions, but runs on the old ones w/out wifi or BT.

Thanks in advance.
                  If you don't use WiFi and use an ethernet adapter. I would use 1.1 for the v5. Just one issue when u turn TV off after few min the stick turns off....can't figure away around it. It boots quickly so its not too much of a pain.

Comment

If you don't use WiFi and use an ethernet adapter. I would use 1.1 for the v5. Just one issue when u turn TV off after few min the stick turns off....can't figure away around it. It boots quickly so its not too much of a pain.
                    huh bummer. i like to have it on ... serves as NAS, and my boot is pretty slow right now

i'm running older V1 of your mk808 original ROM.

Mostly looking for improved Netflix and also possibly trying 1080.

I'll have to think about it. Thanks so much for the quick reply, u da man.

Comment

huh bummer. i like to have it on ... serves as NAS, and my boot is pretty slow right now

i'm running older V1 of your mk808 original ROM.

Mostly looking for improved Netflix and also possibly trying 1080.

I'll have to think about it. Thanks so much for the quick reply, u da man.
                      Then use the 1.0 version. All works well. Except google play movies and TV. But I have not tested it in a while. An update might fix it from google

Comment

Then use the 1.0 version. All works well. Except google play movies and TV. But I have not tested it in a while. An update might fix it from google
                        updates after running for a day and night...

So far, I'm still getting stuttering in Netlix ( visible in any slow panning or constant movement ) I have yet to find a ROM that has smooth netflix playback.

otherwise, getting some random retoots/freezes when I try 1080 version. ( stock cpu/gpu/ddr) Power supply has been fine in the past, trying another one ( 2.1A ) Even in 720 I can't get Antutu to complete w/out crashing .. which points to power, but again, I am pretty sure I have 2 good power supplies. When I reran Antutu, it report 15K for the last run, even though it crashed. That's a good bit higher than I've seen before. ( 720p, stock speeds )

I also deleted the cpuperformance script to be safe.

any tips on Netflix would be appreciated.

SMPC on top of this ROM rocks - best XBMC experience I've had by far.

I could try some re-flashing ... I know I've found that can make a big difference in the past ... for whatever reason!
                        Last edited by slcpunk; 11-23-2014, 16:14. Reason: updates

Comment

Prahjister,

ROM has been working great. Yesterday my wifi started dropping off when I play netflix or youtube. It also drops off when i start looking at my security cameras. Any idea what might cause that?

This has been a very smooth ROM. Thx for the hard work.

Comment

More feedback from me ( enough already, right? )

I noticed that when the unit "goes off" it really isn't off - since you have to un-plug and re-plug it in, I noticed it was still warm even after sitting all night. So it must really be in some sort of deep sleep or hung state, but not off. I will try to find some solution to keep it awake, because other than that, its a perfect ROM. (Stuttering in Netflix is too common to be specific to this ROM ... I sort of guess its an issue with the Android Netflix app. Too bad, because it runs great in linux now under Chrome, so you would think it could be flawless in Android too )

Again, Prahjister is the man.

Comment

More feedback from me ( enough already, right? )

I noticed that when the unit "goes off" it really isn't off - since you have to un-plug and re-plug it in, I noticed it was still warm even after sitting all night. So it must really be in some sort of deep sleep or hung state, but not off. I will try to find some solution to keep it awake, because other than that, its a perfect ROM. (Stuttering in Netflix is too common to be specific to this ROM ... I sort of guess its an issue with the Android Netflix app. Too bad, because it runs great in linux now under Chrome, so you would think it could be flawless in Android too )

Again, Prahjister is the man.
                              Its wierd i can be connected via adb and turn my tv off. A few minutes later i see it go to sleep. i can also wake it up with my power button on my keyboard while connected to adb. I see this in the logs. But if i am not connected via adb it cannot wake up via the key press on my keyboard. I wonder if the USB is going to sleep and not taking input. Need to find a way to monitor if it is going to sleep and if it is do the power button key press.

That just gave me a thought. i can run a script once a minute look for sleep state via dmesg and if it see's sleep have it press the button. I don't know what impact it will have whil watching a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by DroidJunkie View Post
                                Prahjister,

ROM has been working great. Yesterday my wifi started dropping off when I play netflix or youtube. It also drops off when i start looking at my security cameras. Any idea what might cause that?

This has been a very smooth ROM. Thx for the hard work.
                                I would look at your power supply not providing enough juice...It was really bad on the original...It got better with my v5....not so sensitive to less than 2 amps...

Comment

Working...
                                X